PDA

View Full Version : Hull Mitsubishi

Bagofsand
03-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Just had the pleasure of a 45000 mile service. Wallet in intensive care for a week!
Original qoute £820 inc vat ( this included a new Timing belt tensioner)

Rang up with £894 as the final bill ( wasnt Chuffed ) :(
Spoke to nice girl called Jo. Looked into bill and reported new Power steering belt had been fitted. then she reduced the bill to £857 including a couple of bulbs and washer fluid.

Impressed with the outcome very friendly & helpful. :-D

However even they cant figure out how Halfords Knackered my AYC when fitting a new stereo. So it time to find a good auto electrician. Thats a battle that is bound to drag on for a while.

Spirit
03-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Whats up with your AYC mate ?

Bagofsand
03-02-2004, 07:01 PM
After they fitted the stereo the Red AYC warning light on the dash came on as i drove off.
When the car is started all the lights come on then go off as if there is no prob. as soon as you get up to about 5MPH the light comes on.

When they were fitting the stereo at the first attempt they could not get a live feed from the battery through the big rubber grommet just below the AYC pump and they were pulling at the wiring. I have it in writing that they will pay for the repair, but cant find a repairer.

Because it takes movement to trigger the fault i suggested that it might be a signal wire from the ABS system, but no one seems to understand the wiring on these cars.
All help much appreciated.

Spirit
03-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Daft question I know, but if they are willing to pay for the repair can't you just take it to the Mitsy dealer to have it sorted ?

Nick VR4
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm going for what Pete just said
Go to a Mits place prev a Ralliart approved one
Get them to sort it out and bill them ;)

Simon
03-02-2004, 07:57 PM
I would agree with Spirit979 and go to Mitsu to put it on their fault finder. It could be REALLY BAD TIMING but both my car and Brind's had to have the AYC pumps replaced at about the same time! (our cars are sister cars - and i dont believe its a coincidence which Mitsu suggested to me!) The mileage was around 35-45k from memory.

When my red AYC light came to begin with i thought it was due to vibration off the road/loose wires etc. It would either take 1 mile or twenty miles for the light to appear. Switch the ignition off, reset the dash, carry on and sure enough the light came back on!

Bagofsand
04-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Hull Mitsy are a Ralliart dealer but they wont trace the wiring fault. Has been checked on the diagnostic and all is fine with the system according to them.
Thats the last time ill accept the offer of free fitting on a stereo!!

zedy1
04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Hull Mitsy are a Ralliart dealer but they wont trace the wiring fault. Has been checked on the diagnostic and all is fine with the system according to them.
Thats the last time ill accept the offer of free fitting on a stereo!!

sorry to hear about that mate

zedy1
04-02-2004, 05:26 PM
did they do a dionostic check wj=hen the light was on or off? as you need to get it checked when the light is on

wirdy
07-02-2004, 01:02 AM
When they were fitting the stereo at the first attempt they could not get a live feed from the battery through the big rubber grommet just below the AYC pump and they were pulling at the wiring. I have it in writing that they will pay for the repair, but cant find a repairer.

Because it takes movement to trigger the fault i suggested that it might be a signal wire from the ABS system, but no one seems to understand the wiring on these cars.
All help much appreciated.

Remember our AYC pump is at the rear of the car inside the rear wing enclosed area and I think the ABS computer sits above the ECU behind the centre console.
I think you mean the ABS pump that sits under the bonnet??

Sounds like the monkeys at Halfords have caused you an ABS fault that's being sensed and reported by the AYC computer before the ABS computer can get in and do it first.