PDA

View Full Version : Oct 20th-gearbox

pitslayer
11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
right im starting to get a little hacked of with a certain breakers yard, (not to do with the club dont worry)
oct 20th we had the credit card debited for a gearbox for my car, turns up 3 weeks later, its the wrong one. sent it back, in december around 10th i think, its now the 11th jan, still have no replacement gearbox and they still have my money. rung up every other day asking where it is. its on its way last week, now this week, he is asking us to confirm and send pictures of my old gearbox.....
but last week he told me he had one coming out to me, now he wants to know which one i have, its not hard its a manual V6 24v galant gearbox.
if its not here monday im taking it up with credit card company and themselves, and to top it off, with there arsing about i have lost 2 months tax on the car. im not happy, if only there was some way i could get him to pay for all the extra fuel i have used in the jag, the lost tax.
come monday if my gearbox isnt here i am going nuts /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Paul Beazer
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Jeez, they are taking the p!ss, do ya want the mitsu part number or are you ok?

pitslayer
12-01-2008, 03:02 AM
i cant afford mitsi prices now had to put tires on car. So no more spending

Nutter_John
12-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I don't think Paul is suggesting you buy a new one from misti , just that you give the g'box numpty's the part number and they can cross check it on the box before they send it u

Paul Beazer
13-01-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks John, yes thats what i meant. If they've got the right part number, they cant send you the wrong one again, can they?

pitslayer
15-01-2008, 05:00 PM
its not here. can i have the part number please, can someone also confirm what type of manual gearbox is in my car, are there 2 types? i needmy car back miss it so much, its just sat there covered in leaves, with all the windows dripping water inside(might have to get that checked out) and i miss a manual car so much

Paul Beazer
15-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi pits, right part code for a V6 manual gearbox is DMX210266. AFAIK there is only the one manual gearbox for a V6 8G Galant. SOmeone with caps can prob confirm for definite.

peter thomson
15-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Can't find that number in caps but I found the part number for a 96-97 to be
MD975175 (F5M42-2-F6N2) and 97-98 MD976299 (F5M42-2-F6N7) .

Paul Beazer
15-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Hmm, confusion reigns. The code of mine was one the invoice for my new gearbox, mind you mine is a 2000 V6 Sport, so perhaps it changed after '99??

pitslayer
15-01-2008, 10:49 PM
mines a 97-98 one or the 2 cant remember. and so far ive had thats its 2 gearboxes for this car, and some cant even send a ******* manual Gearbox, if only mo had a manual gearbox in i could of used at the time, would of been so easy and no hassle

pitslayer
17-01-2008, 05:47 PM
it gets better. i now know why my clutch was sticking a bit...got the old gearbox out infront of me. the hole in case, which was welded sticks out like 3mm...the 18 quid spent on fresh gearbox oil went in there back pocket, last time i checked 4k mile old gearbox oil is not thick black and sludgy !!!!!!!
i am going to calm myself so i dont go and rip there heads off!

pitslayer
24-01-2008, 03:19 PM
right. so to carry on, they supplied me with a new manual gearbox this time, out of a carisma, the garage wanted to fit that gearbox, i told them no. as they wanted to put new drive shafts, inner and outter CV joints on the car, now they obviously havnt researched how much these parts cost from mitsubishi and i am not paying 1500 odd quid to just to get a gearbox to fit, cheaper to go out and buy another car.
so ******** , have now ceased all correspondence with us, and now we are going to seek the money back off the credit card company....which should really screw them up a bit, as if i remember rightly, a company can not charge your card without having the correct item in stock. i did a lot of reading up on trading standards for someone. so if i remember rightly they have broken the law aswell.....im not happy, all i have had of them is load of meaningless words. all the next day deliverys i was promised and nothing turned up.

Paul Beazer
24-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Perhaps once you've got the money returned to your account, you would be so kind as to post up who these people are, so as to warn others on here who may be tempted?
I would suggest a of suppliers / garages hall of shame, but i suspect there are probably some legal implications to think of...

pitslayer
25-01-2008, 01:58 AM
some can be portrayed as slander. how ever the laws of slander, is that you can say what you want about anyone, as long as you have factual proof, and dealings with said person(s)....however if i was to something along the lines of i heard of a mate down the pub that so and so garages are a bunch of ******* then that is slander and you can get done for it.
as long as you yourself have had personal experience dont say anything

but yes i will post who they are

The Vee
25-01-2008, 03:26 AM
but yes i will post who they are

err correct me if I'm wrong but I think you already have in post 12. So have deleted the name for you untill you want it back up

pitslayer
25-01-2008, 03:52 PM
lol probably did. Got the gearbox back of the garage and they have given me a hand written letter confirming that the gearbox is wrong