PDA

View Full Version : Welly meet?

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 09:11 AM
So yea. Seeing as i missed the last meet... how bout another this year? i know jack all so i'd just be learning haha. but im sure theres a billion things everyone else has done that i can see. im away 16th-24th feb so can we please NOT do it then haha. I was away last time too haha well let us know.

Cheers

CANDEE
15-01-2008, 09:26 AM
How about a BBQ or something to just have a chill out session or something similar??

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 09:27 AM
How about a BBQ or something to just have a chill out session or something similar??

Sounds grouse. havent had a barby for ages! good idea.

rayray24
15-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Hell yes Where, when?

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Hell yes Where, when?

well i would suggest my place but noone wants to drive all the way to Paekakariki. haha. but yeah, very keen now.

CANDEE
15-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Just been chatting with Ross and thought we should make it a partners included thing... :evilgrin:

Paekakariki isnt that far for most of us :)

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Just been chatting with Ross and thought we should make it a partners included thing... :evilgrin:

Paekakariki isnt that far for most of us :)

Indeed... well will see what everyones keen for. Couple of long weekends coming up too. But yea i dont mind it at my house. Just trying to think how many i can fit in the yard... probably 7... with some walking room between haha

d i c k i e s
15-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I can fit in the yard... probably 7... with some walking room between

plenty of room then. hahahaha... yeah maybe another workshop day after this meet/great happy new year buzz. i know ill be adding a big job to that list. i know with the experince of the few welli members we have. this job may seem easy.... ill wait for our next meet to tell yous... hahahaha.

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 10:21 AM
plenty of room then. hahahaha... yeah maybe another workshop day after this meet/great happy new year buzz. i know ill be adding a big job to that list. i know with the experince of the few welli members we have. this job may seem easy.... ill wait for our next meet to tell yous... hahahaha.

Haha hold out. You keen then?

d i c k i e s
15-01-2008, 10:36 AM
yeah id be keen, might even roll up with the misus cynos... lol
yous will prolly give me sh!t bout my car dats why!... hahaha

VR4 MAD
15-01-2008, 11:56 AM
yeah id be keen, might even roll up with the missus cynos... lol
yous will prolly give me sh!t bout my car dats why!... hahaha

Whenz, just remember what I turned up in for the last workshop day........../Grrr
By comparison your cynos is a real rocket-ship.............../pan

Anyway, I'm keen as............and Paekakariki isn't far at all.

Partners would be cool but I'd doubt mine would come along. To quote her ,"all you guys would do is talk about cars all day". My response to that is.........and your point is? Anyway I'll try.

Might have the mighty laptop and the EVOScan software and cable working by then so we can read all the error codes from our ECUs and download the maps and stuff. We could spend all day looking at little coloured squares........weeeeee /pan

Would be interesting to download and compare the Mines fuel maps with those from both pre and facelift ECUs. Now that could be interesting.

Hope you don't mind us all inviting ourselves around to your place J-Mo-15. Most of the guys are generally well behaved and some are even house trained, or so I'm told...............ha ha

Now guys, what date suits everyone............../rally Maybe one day during Wellington Anniversary weekend?

/toycar

J-Mo-15
15-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Whenz, just remember what I turned up in for the last workshop day........../Grrr
By comparison your cynos is a real rocket-ship.............../pan

Anyway, I'm keen as............and Paekakariki isn't far at all.

Partners would be cool but I'd doubt mine would come along. To quote her ,"all you guys would do is talk about cars all day". My response to that is.........and your point is? Anyway I'll try.

Might have the mighty laptop and the EVOScan software and cable working by then so we can read all the error codes from our ECUs and download the maps and stuff. We could spend all day looking at little coloured squares........weeeeee /pan

Would be interesting to download and compare the Mines fuel maps with those from both pre and facelift ECUs. Now that could be interesting.

Hope you don't mind us all inviting ourselves around to your place J-Mo-15. Most of the guys are generally well behaved and some are even house trained, or so I'm told...............ha ha

Now guys, what date suits everyone............../rally Maybe one day during Wellington Anniversary weekend?

/toycar

Is it easy to connect the lappy up? And yea spoke to the mrs an she jst gave me **** coz we dont have a BBQ, we have a gas bottle, and a big hot plate haha. but it does the job. She also questioned the number of cars getting in here lol

d i c k i e s
15-01-2008, 09:02 PM
wellington anniversary? this weekend isnt it... ohh yeah it is... lol

VR4 MAD
15-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Well suggest away. Maybe latter would be better as this could be too short a notice for many. Some may not even see thread before this weekend......./pan

Latter would also give me more time to try the EVOScan software and cable before the meet.

How about Waitangi Day then (Wednesday 6th Feb)? It just a suggestion to get something moving.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
15-01-2008, 10:48 PM
im good if everyone else is? dont think i have any plans yet for the weekend.

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 04:51 AM
Yea anytime is good i guess. maybe both if anyones keen. i got nothin to do this weekend anyway.

VR4 MAD
16-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Yea anytime is good i guess. maybe both if anyones keen. i got nothin to do this weekend anyway.

Well it can be all casual anyway, if some of us only drop by to say hello and chat for an hour or two. Gives us an excuse for a small cruise anyway. :scholar:

The BBQ isn't important. The company and the cars are what's important.

Lets see what the weathers going to do first and then we'll decide.

That all good. :pimp2:

/toycar

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 05:14 AM
ok sounds good... well how bout a casual meeting this weekend and a BBQ on waitangi weekend?? How bout everyone choose a day (or both) then we will tally it up, Im keen for both days so

Wellington Anniversary: 1
Waitangi Weekend: 1

VR4 MAD
16-01-2008, 05:16 AM
And me for both.............../rally

Seeings I suggested both dates I better say that hadn't I........../pan

/toycar

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 05:22 AM
And me for both.............../rally

Seeings I suggested both dates I better say that hadn't I........../pan

/toycar

hahaha true true. :afro:

Wellington Anniversary: 2
Waitangi Weekend: 2

rayray24
16-01-2008, 06:18 AM
I can only do waitangi day sorry i have to work this weekend. /Grrr

Plus i might have a pair of evo 8 seats to put in by then. /rally
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=136095629

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 06:29 AM
I can only do waitangi day sorry i have to work this weekend. /Grrr

Plus i might have a pair of evo 8 seats to put in by then. /rally
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=136095629

Thats allgood mate. AS for the seats.. not if i get them first haha. na i cant afford anythin since i cut my boot out.

Wellington Anniversary: 2
Waitangi Weekend: 3

d i c k i e s
16-01-2008, 08:47 AM
talkin to the boss. see if she wants to come or not.
who's partners are going? so she doesnt feel left out... if she does decide she wants to come.

d i c k i e s
16-01-2008, 08:51 AM
im undecided at this moment... dont count me out though. lol

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 08:54 AM
im undecided at this moment... dont count me out though. lol
Well my mrs will be there if the venue is my house, else i doubt she will come.

rayray24
16-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Well my mrs will be there if the venue is my house, else i doubt she will come.

Women ah.... Can't live with them, can't live without them. I'm going to be bring mine on the 6th.

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Women ah.... Can't live with them, can't live without them. I'm going to be bring mine on the 6th.

Choice choice

d i c k i e s
16-01-2008, 09:09 AM
is the 6th gonna be a workshop day? seems like it.

looks like i might have a few things to do... lol prolly due for another oil change etc.. round that time.

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 09:19 AM
is the 6th gonna be a workshop day? seems like it.

looks like i might have a few things to do... lol prolly due for another oil change etc.. round that time.

Candee said that would be a good time to check the seals/pipes round my turbos or somethin. to find reasons for smoke...

Im hoping to install a gauge with some help to. The only installing ive ever done was my V1 radar into my levin. the radar now being illegal, i havent bothered to install it in the vr4

VR4 MAD
16-01-2008, 10:03 AM
.........The only installing ive ever done was my V1 radar into my levin. the radar now being illegal, i havent bothered to install it in the vr4

There not illegal yet. So get it in to get some use out of it before they are outlawed. /pan

I'm working on the other half for the 6th, but I think she's in Auckland for that week. Need to check on that.

/toycar

J-Mo-15
16-01-2008, 06:01 PM
There not illegal yet. So get it in to get some use out of it before they are outlawed. /pan

I'm working on the other half for the 6th, but I think she's in Auckland for that week. Need to check on that.

/toycar

cool so your in for waitangi weekend?

VR4 MAD
16-01-2008, 08:42 PM
cool so your in for waitangi weekend?

Yea I'll be there, it's just the wif is out of town so won't be there obviously.

Have we agreed a day and time for this weekends mini meet yet?

/toycar

dixon8
16-01-2008, 09:30 PM
ok sounds good... well how bout a casual meeting this weekend and a BBQ on waitangi weekend?? How bout everyone choose a day (or both) then we will tally it up,....

A question mark/maybe for both days for me.:anxious:

my partner's just had her feet op and just managing a hobble around the house now. supposed to have her feet elevated for 2-3 weeks and resting.
she's had lots of visitors and drinks at home (she's not driving anywhere) :5shots:

have to see how things go I guess :thinking:

d i c k i e s
17-01-2008, 03:08 AM
okay. cant do this weekend now. most probably waitangi for shore!

just been invited to a family bbq/drinks saturday.

J-Mo-15
17-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Well my place is good for: not much. several cars, small barby, got no tools at this house so it wont be a workshop day here. maybe a "video response" to OZVR4's car wash day? haha.

VR4 MAD
17-01-2008, 05:14 AM
Well my place is good for: not much. several cars, small barby, got no tools at this house so it wont be a workshop day here. maybe a "video response" to OZVR4's car wash day? haha.

That's all good. Looks like only a few may make it this weekend anyway.

I did predict that it was a bit short notice, but a few of us will drop by for a coffee and a meet and greet for an hour or so. Just need to decide day, time and who's coming.

Oh and where we're going from and to.........../pan

/toycar

CANDEE
17-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Coffee meet sounds good :P

Might have to bring the mighty sohc vtec coupe out for a spin :P

J-Mo-15
18-01-2008, 03:55 AM
what day is good for everyone?

VR4 MAD
18-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Saturday morning is now out for me but whenever suits the most people?

/toycar

J-Mo-15
18-01-2008, 08:11 PM
ok hw bout monday morning at my place, its old its rundown, and the lawns are long but its about your company i suppose!

VR4 MAD
18-01-2008, 08:30 PM
ok hw bout monday morning at my place, its old its rundown, and the lawns are long but its about your company i suppose!

Right, I'm seeing Dixon8 this morning so I'll sound him out for Monday. And I think Candees keen and maybe Ryan (rayray24) is usually at starter too. If they haven't responded here by tonight I'll PM or ring a couple of them to get them moving.

We've a list so they can't escape............we have your number guys. /pan

That all good?

/toycar

J-Mo-15
18-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Right, I'm seeing Dixon8 this morning so I'll sound him out for Monday. And I think Candees keen and maybe Ryan (rayray24) is usually at starter too. If they haven't responded here by tonight I'll PM or ring a couple of them to get them moving.

We've a list so they can't escape............we have your number guys. /pan

That all good?

/toycar

Hahaha round 'em up haha. Yea allgood. At least someones motivated... oh while im speaking to you, rumors are pointn towards you having something in your posession that i may want haha

VR4 MAD
18-01-2008, 08:53 PM
... oh while im speaking to you, rumors are pointn towards you having something in your posession that i may want haha

ummm................don't like rumours, they're usually wrong, but talk to us Monday and we'll see............ha ha

Oh and I'm Wynn BTW, sorry haven't picked up your name yet.

/toycar

J-Mo-15
18-01-2008, 09:01 PM
haha sorry the names James. ill PM you

VR4 MAD
18-01-2008, 09:44 PM
haha sorry the names James. ill PM you

OK got that and PM'ed you back.

I'm off out now but will ckeck back here latter today.

/toycar

pungatree1
18-01-2008, 10:52 PM
hi there, we are coming to Welly Auckland anniversary wknd 26/27/28 Jan.... from the great Metropolis of TURANGI. Can we put that date in the options ???

J-Mo-15
18-01-2008, 11:14 PM
dont see why not. we can throw it out there. maybe just another small meet. even if theres not, you can pop on in at my place, its on the direct path to welly! let me know anyways! :happy:

rayray24
19-01-2008, 12:14 AM
The 6th only for me sorry, even that day could be out. Work work work!! I will keep an eye on the tread and will find my way there.

J-Mo-15
20-01-2008, 01:36 AM
Just a lil heads up... we only have tea and juice haha hope thats ok with everyone. and can everyone whos coming please let me know and ill PM a brief map on how to get here. Cheers

J-Mo-15
20-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Just a lil heads up... we only have tea and juice haha hope thats ok with everyone. and can everyone whos coming please let me know and ill PM a brief map on how to get here. Cheers

oh can we arrange this meet for the morning guys? just got a list of things we have to do in the evening! Plus lets you all get back to your families for the rest of the day off. hoping this is ok...

VR4 MAD
20-01-2008, 09:43 PM
oh can we arrange this meet for the morning guys? just got a list of things we have to do in the evening! Plus lets you all get back to your families for the rest of the day off. hoping this is ok...

Morning James. Been ringing around a couple of VR4 guys without Internet and the general consensus is this weekend being a extended break means most seem to have things on or are away.

Sorry to say it doesn't look good now, especially for a morning get together and at best it looks like there was only going to be three others able to make it. Hope this has not put you out too much. The 6th Feb meeting looks much better at the moment.

Hows that with you.?

I'll PM you my cell number latter so we can txt directly for easier contact.

That all good.

/toycar

J-Mo-15
20-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Morning James. Been ringing around a couple of VR4 guys without Internet and the general consensus is this weekend being a extended break means most seem to have things on or are away.

Sorry to say it doesn't look good now, especially for a morning get together and at best it looks like there was only going to be three others able to make it. Hope this has not put you out too much. The 6th Feb meeting looks much better at the moment.

Hows that with you.?

I'll PM you my cell number latter so we can txt directly for easier contact.

That all good.

/toycar

Yea no worries Wyn. 6th gives everyone some more time too.

Cheers again.

VR4 MAD
20-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Yea no worries Wyn. 6th gives everyone some more time too.

Cheers again.

James, you have PM.

I'm off out for awhile, will check back latter.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
21-01-2008, 02:45 AM
yeah i been busy today... so i kinda thought i wasnt gonna be able to make it. Just finished what i was supposed to be doing.

J-Mo-15
21-01-2008, 02:59 AM
yeah i been busy today... so i kinda thought i wasnt gonna be able to make it. Just finished what i was supposed to be doing.

aw true, what you doing the rest of the day? check out the pics of my leggy i finally posted in the General area.

d i c k i e s
21-01-2008, 03:17 AM
rest of the day? i gotta pack my stuff and get ready for tomorrow.
i fly away to hamilton for the week for work so yeah... other than that bro, get my house tidy and pop round to the mates later... nothing much.

vr4_fanatic
22-01-2008, 04:17 AM
hey guys names Luke
Obviously new to the forums,
Just purchased my New Mitsi Vr4, keen to see some others works of art...
Wat day were you all gonna meet

J-Mo-15
22-01-2008, 05:03 AM
Gday Luke, James here.
Looks like it will be Waitangi Weekend. You in welly are you? Welcome to the club by the way!

vr4_fanatic
22-01-2008, 05:21 AM
im a lil here an there, haha
wadestown at the mo, but basically central city.
im wanting a few modifications by the time we all meet,
doing a few this weekend but just little minor ones
nice to meet ya james, where abouts are you based

J-Mo-15
22-01-2008, 05:25 AM
im a lil here an there, haha
wadestown at the mo, but basically central city.
im wanting a few modifications by the time we all meet,
doing a few this weekend but just little minor ones
nice to meet ya james, where abouts are you based

Nice nice. what you looking at doing? Im based way up in Paekakariki haha work in town n the hutt sometimes though

vr4_fanatic
22-01-2008, 05:30 AM
um jsut this weekend, put in new filters, oil change, new sparks, and a boost tap.
then hoping to do the exhaust and get adjustables within the next couple of weeks, just popping off to dinner back in an hour

dixon8
22-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Looks like it will be Waitangi Weekend.

just a reminder that Waitangi Day is on WEDNESDAY (not a weekend).:speechles

we could go for a cruise and stop somewhere for refreshments, cruise home, whatever /rally : 5shots:

it's a couple of weeks away so that's plenty of time to plan something :happy:

J-Mo-15
23-01-2008, 09:21 AM
just a reminder that Waitangi Day is on WEDNESDAY (not a weekend).:speechles

we could go for a cruise and stop somewhere for refreshments, cruise home, whatever /rally : 5shots:

it's a couple of weeks away so that's plenty of time to plan something :happy:

Haha true. In saying that i guess it depends if you go to 7's or not haha. 5 day weekend WOOHOO!!

SIGGS8
28-01-2008, 06:30 AM
hey been a long time since i have checked for a meet and i could been keen to meet on waitangi day. depending on where have a few minor issues at the moment, wont go into that at the moment though

d i c k i e s
28-01-2008, 06:35 AM
hope it aint car related...

SIGGS8
28-01-2008, 08:25 AM
definatly is car related

VR4 MAD
28-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Right then, are we going to get this met at James place off the ground or what.

I'm a starter and the weathers looking OK. As before, we don't have to have anything flash or formal like a BBQ. A quite side down with a coffee or a beer would be fine by me. :pimp2:

What say everyone else? /rally

/toycar

CANDEE
28-01-2008, 09:26 AM
I think ill have petrol in the car so I think the leggie will make its booming appearance :P Just got to work out if the missus is coming along too or not.... /rally

And hopefully my creaking diff will go away before then..... /Grrr

d i c k i e s
28-01-2008, 10:08 AM
not looking good for me so far... ive got an open day i gotta attend... not sure how long dat will be? its out in petone...

edit: not looking good at all.. my employer is trying to get people to work on that day. so it maybe a definite no im affraid.

CANDEE
29-01-2008, 10:42 PM
So whats the plan guys? Is this going ahead?

J :afro:

rayray24
01-02-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm out sorry guys, car needs new brake pads and it's warranty service is due in the next 200km. Got it booked in for next friday. Next time for sure.

J-Mo-15
01-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm out sorry guys, car needs new brake pads and it's warranty service is due in the next 200km. Got it booked in for next friday. Next time for sure.

lol, anyone? haha

VR4 MAD
02-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Well Dixon8 and I are starters for a wee run out to say hello.

Any others?

/toycar

J-Mo-15
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Well Dixon8 and I are starters for a wee run out to say hello.

Any others?

/toycar

Hope coffee isnt the drink of VR4 drivers lol...

CANDEE
03-02-2008, 09:42 AM
I think ill be in for a run :P Ill just confirm with the other half what the plans are for that day :P

Robotnik123
05-02-2008, 01:50 AM
Hey guys, I'll come.

What time are you guys meeting tomorrow?

matsondawson
05-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Is there a time and a place decided yet?

d i c k i e s
05-02-2008, 03:05 AM
i may show up now, dependant on weather. not lookin good so far.
as above tho. time/place?

VR4 MAD
05-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Well the weather forecast (ha ha.....who ever believes them anyway/pan ) says it'll be fine but coolish tomorrow.

As to time and place, not decided yet.

My suggestion would be an early afternoon meeting at say Porirua car park outside Repco. Time.......well about 1.00pm maybe. Drive from there to James' place and back over the Paekakariki hill road...........:speechles Depends on how the petrol lasts I suppose how and where we go. I know Candee and I both on a fuel ($$$$$) budget this week.

Also need James to either PM or txt me (or someone) his address otherwise we're f**ked really............./Grrr

/toycar

dixon8
05-02-2008, 04:47 AM
My suggestion would be an early afternoon meeting at say Porirua car park outside Repco. Time.......well about 1.00pm maybe. Drive from there to James' place and back over the Paekakariki hill road

Gee it's had to try and get everyone to commit isn't it /duh : /wall

we even postpone the meet for two weeks and still a slow response to a show of numbers :speechles

i'm sure we can do better and get number up a bit more, maybe not as many ask our bros up north /grouphug /GJ

/Welcome SO WE'LL ALL MEETING AT THE REPCO CARPARK SEMPLE ST, PORIRUA AT 1.00PM TOMORROW /Wave :beerchug:

/thankyou .

CANDEE
05-02-2008, 05:31 AM
Im in! /rally

J-Mo-15
05-02-2008, 05:46 AM
haha i just got home. yea sounds good. meetin in the hood then driven up to paekak. ummmm could be a follow the leader mission on the way back, as my place is hard to find but ill try and draw a map for your interests Wynn.

d i c k i e s
05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
havent heard from rosco in awhile? nor seen him on the forums lately.
ill PM wynn my cell #. I hope u got credit cos i dont... come on vodafone!!!

CANDEE
05-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Ross wont be coming as he is working :(

d i c k i e s
05-02-2008, 06:14 AM
I maybe a lil busy tomorrow. ill check the forums before 12pm (lunchtime) 2morro just to see what the haps are? okay..

J-Mo-15
05-02-2008, 06:15 AM
sweet. sounds like a few comin then!

VR4 MAD
05-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Right guys, just got home and seen all the PM's. I'm having tea then I'll respond to each.

James, work work for me too........../Grrr

All looks good for tomorrow.

/toycar

VR4 MAD
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Bastards............started above reply just before 8.30 and lots of you lot were online, finish reply 8.31 and you've all gone............../Grrr

What up with that.............all watching House eh..............well stuff you lot (jokes)...........:speechles

/toycar

J-Mo-15
05-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Bastards............started above reply just before 8.30 and lots of you lot were online, finish reply 8.31 and you've all gone............../Grrr

What up with that.............all watching House eh..............well stuff you lot (jokes)...........:speechles

/toycar

haha im here

VR4 MAD
05-02-2008, 09:45 AM
haha im here

Will we see you at Porirua or is around 2ish at your place OK? /rally

/toycar

J-Mo-15
05-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Will we see you at Porirua or is around 2ish at your place OK? /rally

/toycar

sent you a PM with my number. Ill meet at Porirua also to make it easier.

VR4 MAD
05-02-2008, 09:57 AM
sent you a PM with my number. Ill meet at Porirua also to make it easier.

Excellent.

Sweet.

/toycar

d i c k i e s
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Well at this stage me and my boy are coming. Porirua gonna be busy today with the festival of the elements on and all that, which is why i maybe a lil late.

Robotnik123
06-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry I couldn't make it. This morning the car started over heating. Looks like a leaking hose, so it shouldn't be too expensive to fix.

Hope the meet went well!

d i c k i e s
06-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Well as i said, i was gonna be a lil late... lol
Okay i was 1 hour late, than the time stipulated. lol... whats that now? 2 meets ive been late to? Porirua was packed though, and cos i live right next to where they were having the festival of the elements for waitangi day.

Other than that though... good day good weather... good to meet the 2 new guys. Though ive seen james around before... lol.
Played basketball against each other.

need to fix up the communication when on the road... lol

CANDEE
07-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Was a good day :) Cheers to James for having us :P

Now Whenz and Wynn we need a pics thread :P

d i c k i e s
07-02-2008, 01:55 AM
What pics? lol... just kidding.
Ill try get them up tonight when i get home... Dont forget im at work and my boss is watching me... NOT! :inquisiti

Ohh.. how was everyone getting out of james? lol... i saw mat go the other way (pram wayz) while i shot the gap which was all good. got stuck behind a damn subbie all the way to paremata round about. and was stuck behind a cop car after that... lol

CANDEE
07-02-2008, 02:06 AM
As the first one to go out i had to go to the car transport place and come back around :( Dixon came out just after i came back past....:inquisiti

VR4 MAD
07-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Firstly a big thank you to James for his efforts to make sure this little get together actually happened............well done. /rally

Again, as is usual for events in Wellington, the weather was excellent, fine and sunny etc etc............:iloveyou:

After choosing an initial meeting place that turned out to be right in the middle of a rather large Waitangi Day festival.........Doh /pan and finding car-parks in very short supply, we got on the road to a less crowded venue (BP Mana which I nominate as our default meeting place hence forth), where we eventually managed to get everyone together and prepared to tour off to James (J-Mo-15) place up at Paekakariki.

The small delay caused while the late comers fought their way through the traffic jams was used productively by some to put their car through the BP car wash. Hate to say it, but it didn't make any difference, that bird-**** on the bonnet is well and truly baked on and no commercial car-wash in the world is ever going to get it off.............../pan Sorry.

Here's a couple of picture of the cars and a rather disreputable group of owners..........ha ha

20937 20941

20938 20939
Cars - Left to Right: Silver GLS (who cares), White Legnum (Jeremy), White Mines Legnum (James), Dark Galant (Wynn), Dark Legnum (Matt), Mauve Galant (Dixon), White Legnum (Whenu)

20940 20942
Owner's - Left to Right: James (J-Mo-15), Jeremy (Candee), Matt (MatsonDawson), Whenu (Dickies) and Dixon (Dixon8)
(Note Whenu pointing out the the only speck of dirt ever seen on Dixons car...ha ha /pan )

Lastly, my attempt to get a picture of our little CVR4 convoy on it's way to James place............it was a bit difficult to drive, steer around a corner which was the only time I could take the photo and get the following cars in view, hold the camera in one hand (AND NOT DROP IT OUT THE WINDOW) /pan /Grrr and compose a half decent photo. This wasn't helped by those following NOT KEEPING UP and NOT STAYING CLOSE TOGETHER............/Grrr
Guys, for future reference, a convoy is a group of vehicles closely travelling in a line, not spread along a 2km stretch of road. /pan

20935 20936

Sorry James, you aren't in these understandablely as you were leading our little convoy.

All in all, a great day was had by all I reckon.

Go CVR4 Wellington...............:iloveyou: /rally

/toycar

d i c k i e s
07-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Awesome pics wynn, especially the ones in the side mirrors.
Dixon, your car needs to see more road.

J-Mo-15
07-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Awesome pics wynn, especially the ones in the side mirrors.
Dixon, your car needs to see more road.

Haha thanks for the good feedback guys. Yea i had met these guys all but 5 minutes and i gathered Dixons car never sees the tarmac. haha. But yea as Whenz said, we have met before haha. And the atmosphere was swell. Great guys, Great cars, Great whether... Average coffee HAHA jokes.

Looking forward to the workshop meet. Might learn something (i learnt a great deal yesterday by the way). big thumbs up to everyone

d i c k i e s
25-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Well here they are finally, i just got my USB cable for my camera back the weekend. Ive only picked the best ones. Others didnt come out to good, wonder why?

J-Mo's engine bay.

J-Mo's engine bay. (different view)

Close up on BOV

J-Mo's Ride

J-Mo's Ride (Mines VR4)

J-Mo's Sub

CANDEE's Sub

Half of the Welly Crew? (Left to right)
J-Mo, VR4MAD, matsondawson, dixon8, CANDEE. And thats me behind the camera! lol

Enjoy!

J-Mo-15
26-02-2008, 06:17 AM
hahaha aww im flattered lol wheres everyone elses? haha

d i c k i e s
26-02-2008, 06:29 AM
hahaha aww im flattered lol wheres everyone elses? haha

like i said, other didnt come out too good. lol /pan
but did u notice that, these were taken in the shade... our cars were overheating in the sun.. plus bright sun + camera = take flash off next time!

ohh forgot to mention, J-Mo and CANDEE were having a lil sound off competition... (jokes!...lol)

CANDEE
26-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I was showing James what tones were like :P /pan

CANDEE
27-02-2008, 04:17 AM
We were also spotted going through Pukarua(spelling) Bay by a workmate in his red leggie vr4(prefaclift)... /rally

d i c k i e s
27-02-2008, 06:59 AM
i also saw a leggie... looked similar to ryans but in silver. at new world in mana.