PDA

View Full Version : Maybe: Any interest in Ariadne's toys?

Kieran
16-01-2008, 12:01 AM
Hmmm.:thinking: :book:

I'm thinking of removing a lot of the upgrades I've done. There's nothing wrong with them per-se; indeed, the parts are still all pretty fresh and new but as a whole package, my car is not quite what I had in mind. So I'm looking at my options.

To help me decide, I thought I'd see if you lot would be interested in any of the things I'm thinking of removing. Some are unused, some have been on the car for about 18 months/6000 miles - So they've not seen a great deal of action.

So - would any of you be interested in any of the items below? If you are, post a reply saying what you're interested in. I'll say again that this may not happen. I may change my mind and keep the parts on the car, but I want to see what my options are before I make that descision.

Used Items:

Greddy Spec-V Intercooler Kit (Including P/S cooler relocation kit and lower hard pipes)
Cusco Hard pipes (Replaces the top three flexis).
Pro-Shop IIda Throttle body intake pipe.
Tein S-Tech Springs
Bilstein B8 Sports shock absorbers
Buddy Club Racing-Spec consender
NagaiDenshi ULTRA Grounding Kit
Cusco Type-II Chassis Brace (Still straight but extremely gravel rashed!!)
SARD Attack Meter (Not fitted but purchased as a used item by me)
Blitz Realize-TT Cat-back exhaust system with 3" Flange
SARD Sports Radiator & Pressure Cap (Manual Transmission version. I have an Aftermarket ATF cooler.)
Greddy Aluminium Radiator Top Pipe
Greddy Profec-B Spec-II Boost controller

As-New, unfitted items:

AuTechnni (Billy No Name) Smoked Gauges (Vac, Volts, Oil Pres, Oil Temp as I recall).
SARD S.C.S Intercooler water spray kit
SARD Fuel pressure regulator & Fittings
SARD Fuel pressure gauge
SARD Low Temperature Thermostat

miller
16-01-2008, 12:09 AM
THink you and me need a discussion over the boost controller, intake throttle body pipe and hard pipes:pimp2:

Mike

peter thomson
16-01-2008, 12:12 AM
Hi Kieran I'd be interested in Pro-Shop IIda Throttle body intake pipe. What are you planning on doing?

psbarham
16-01-2008, 12:12 AM
are the springs to fit the standard shocks?, if so.......cooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

Kieran
16-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Oh, it's worth mentioning that I'd need standard parts in return for some of the items as well.

And again - this is all hypothetical at the moment.:scholar:

Kieran
16-01-2008, 12:16 AM
are the springs to fit the standard shocks?, if so.......cooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:D

They will. Ghanda had a set with standard shocks. I've used them with shortened shocks. Bear in mind they're rated for a VR-4 - Rates below:

3.9KG Front
1.5 ~ 2.7KG progressive rate for the rears.

miller
16-01-2008, 12:16 AM
hypothetically speaking like for like replacements not a problem

psbarham
16-01-2008, 12:18 AM
They will. Ghanda had a set with standard shocks. I've used them with shortened shocks. Bear in mind they're rated for a VR-4 - Rates below:

3.9KG Front
1.5 ~ 2.7KG progressive rate for the rears.

yeee haaa, perfick for what i want, i need stronger springs for the arse end of mine for shed pulling, do you want standard v6 or uprated v6 springs in return/lol?

SGHOM
once you've got rid of the bits K...... can I have the rest of the car ?? :thinking:

I need one..... cheap & urgent. :inquisiti

Kieran
hypothetically speaking like for like replacements not a problem

Okay - Noted.:scholar:

Kieran
16-01-2008, 12:22 AM
What are you planning on doing?

My mother used to say about me that as a child I knew exactly in my head what I wanted. And that when I saw it, I would tell her. That didn't necessarily mean that it had been invented or was possible!/pan

Kieran
16-01-2008, 12:25 AM
once you've got rid of the bits K...... can I have the rest of the car ?? :thinking:

Ariadne is not for sale - that's not what this is about.:scholar:

However, Don (AncientofMu) has a corker of a VR-4 for very little cash. :deal2:

suttonp2
16-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Hi Kieran,

I'm still looking to replace my current droney exhaust system with something a little nicer sounding, yours looks good! Dunno exactly what's on mine at the mo but the tailpipe must be about 6" diameter..... too loud!

Dan_G
16-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Kieran,

hypotheticaly speaking I would be interested in the Greddy Intercooler kit with mucho interest...

we can & will rebuild her better than before

Dan.

Kenneth
16-01-2008, 12:54 AM
in my opinion there are some items that you just may as well keep as there is no reason (that I can see) to remove them.

# Greddy Spec-V Intercooler Kit (Including P/S cooler relocation kit and lower hard pipes)
# Cusco Hard pipes (Replaces the top three flexis).
# Pro-Shop IIda Throttle body intake pipe.
# Buddy Club Racing-Spec consender
# NagaiDenshi ULTRA Grounding Kit
# SARD Sports Radiator & Pressure Cap (Manual Transmission version. I have an Aftermarket ATF cooler.)
# Greddy Aluminium Radiator Top Pipe

I cannot see any benefit (comfort, reliability etc) in removing these items, if anything I would have thought these items would add to reliability.

g6acb
16-01-2008, 12:59 AM
:thinking: Kieran - not sure what you have planned for the future but I always had the impression that you wanted a 13.xx second 1/4 miler in a streetable tune that looked as stock as possible and shined like the koh-in-oor

Have you not achieved all that?

Anyway...... I'll have your 'boss of gloss' sticker and my name back please :evilgrin:

CANDEE
16-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Do you have any pics of the Buddy Club Racing-Spec consender K? And have a review of it?

VR4 MAD
16-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Do you have any pics of the Buddy Club Racing-Spec consender K? And have a review of it?

Here you go, some info.

http://www.optionimports.com/buclraspcosy.html

Haven't looked for a review as such but read the bottom of this article about before and after installation.

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/12/12_evolution.shtml

/toycar

stuey
16-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Might be interested in the lower braces....

Kieran
16-01-2008, 01:49 PM
hypotheticaly speaking I would be interested in the Greddy Intercooler kit with mucho interest....
Noted.:scholar:

Kieran - not sure what you have planned for the future but I always had the impression that you wanted a 13.xx second 1/4 miler in a streetable tune that looked as stock as possible and shined like the koh-in-oor
Yes, that bit's been achieved, yes. However there was more to the original plan than that and everythings gone a bit 'wide of the mark'. I'm not removing everything, as you can see. The downpipes, sports cat, brakes, anti roll bars, etc are all bang-on so they're staying. Oh, and the 'Boss of Gloss' sticker is MINE! All Mine!!:smug:/Devil5

in my opinion there are some items that you just may as well keep as there is no reason (that I can see) to remove them.
Agreed - Removal of these items IS a retrograde step, and a considerable one... I know that. It's a personal thing. They do work very well, my parts have all been chosen carefully as you know and from a performance point of view, I cannot fault them - Particularly after the results at Santa pod last year. However, after nearly 3 years of meddling with my VR-4 and living with the results day to day, I have a much better idea of what's important and what's not to me.

Cheers for the responses so far guys!:scholar:

TAR
16-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Kieran,

I could be interested in the following:

Greddy Spec-V Intercooler Kit (Including P/S cooler relocation kit and lower hard pipes)
Cusco Hard pipes (Replaces the top three flexis).
Pro-Shop IIda Throttle body intake pipe.

Cheers,

Tim

Mark 4
16-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Kieran, I'll take the FPR and gauge.

Kieran
16-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Hi Kieran, I'll take the FPR and gauge.

Noted Mark, Thanks.:scholar:

Also - Tim, noted too.