PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Big Day Out..?

jaimz
16-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Hey dudes,
Just thought I'd put up a thread here to see how many members are going to the Big Day Out on Friday. Could potentially arrange to meet up at some point.

It's also a bit of a shameless plug to get people to come and see my band!

We're playing on the Local Produce stage at 3.30pm. /haz

bradc
16-01-2008, 03:45 AM
saw your missus on Ellerslie Panmure highway 20 minutes ago Jaimz :)

ohh and congrats that you're on stage :)

Ryan
16-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Nope - I'm not going.

GroundControl
16-01-2008, 05:24 AM
I ain't, but I know detonate is going

Subaru ETA
16-01-2008, 05:28 AM
yeah i saw you guys are playing! and yes im going, wouldnt miss rage (and battle circus) for the world!

Robotnik123
16-01-2008, 05:40 AM
I'm going. Anyone else from Welly going?

ShadyNZer
16-01-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah man Rage is gonna go off, especially 'Killing in the Name Of'...if i wasnt going away id pay just to watch that one song....oh and Young Sid....

bradc
16-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I with ya on that one, almost worth going just to see Killing in the Name of

ShadyNZer
17-01-2008, 09:07 PM
heard the bdo is sold out :O

d i c k i e s
17-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm going. Anyone else from Welly going?
not me... i maybe lookin at going to rotorua for the reggae fest. funds pending!! lol

Subaru ETA
19-01-2008, 06:46 AM
my christ........ you guys missed out... RAGE WAS ****EN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! killing in the name was there final song of the encore, it was brilliant.... it was a sight to see, even the people in the grand stands were moshing out!!!!!

i have been a huge fan of rage since i was like 14 so yea, it was a big deal considering i thought i would never get to see them live!!!!

o yeah, bulls on parade... O YEAH!

ShadyNZer
20-01-2008, 10:51 AM
not me... i maybe lookin at going to rotorua for the reggae fest. funds pending!! lol
man accomodations sold out i heard, every place we rang said the minimum stay is 2 nights (fri and sat) and said no other place in rotos will do one nighters...luckily she was full of sh!t and the missus found one that will let us stay for just the sat cos im workin the Fri :afro: should be choice, mainly going for UB40...cannot imagine how much greenery will be in the air but im sure its going to be o for oarsome...:pimp2:

how'd your performance go Jaimz?
did Rage do guerilla radio? that was always one of my faves too

jaimz
20-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey dudes,
Yeah... what a day!! Rage were awesome - especially Bulls on Parade and Killing in the Name, which I watched from up in the stands. There's something awesome about 40,000 people chanting along to that song... amazing stuff!

My highlight was Supergroove though... godDAMN they are one tight outfit!! The songs are completely timeless, and you can't help but smile and laugh. So cool! Plus, we got to watch them from the side of their stage which was totally sweeeeet!

Our gig was pretty cool - I've had some really kind comments from various peeps. I thought we put on a good show... hopefully we impressed the right people.

Thanks to anyone who made it along :iloveyou: