PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

steve a
17-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi all new member from the south east

have been driving a galant 2.0gls for last three years best car ive had but want to go for the VR4, have seen this one in autotrader

http://www.synergy-cars.co.uk/61895/stock.htm

wondered if it was known or owned by anyone here

thanks

steve

ANTHONY
17-01-2008, 10:55 PM
hi ya I'm also in the south east. i don't recognize the car in the ad but looks OK.....................forget the last comment

Nick Mann
17-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Hello and welcome! This car has been talked about before. Could be a good one, but it sounds like the guy didn't make the best impression when a member looked into buying it?

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27761

Good luck in your search, and /Welcome

White Lightning
17-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi Steve, welcome to the club

/Welcome

Whereabouts in the south east are you from?

HMG1K
17-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Don't touch it!

There's a posting on me on this car from last summer... This is the third time this guy is trying to sell it... Search for threads on here and you'll see...

In a nutshell:

** The 'dealer' is selling the car for a friend...

** The dealer's mate says the car is one owner, an ol' boy who bought it brand new and got a discount from the main dealer at the time and got a discount in buying the Galant... Run the plate on AutoTrader;s checker and this is NOT one owner...

** This mate says he got the car in a part property, part car deal from this ol' boy...

** He has had the car since around May last year - when I spoke to him in September he hadn't even bothered registering in in his name - in law he hasn't the title to sell it...

** He said if I didn't buy it his mate was standing by to snap it up - never has...

** Back to the dealer selling for his mate, enquired about warranty, etc, dealer says it is sold as seen, he is selling it on behalf of his mate, and not as a dealer despite advertising it as a dealer...

Any more - have a search for the thread here as Nick's pointed out...

Smells to me like it was a loan shark or something taking property back in payment for a debt.

steve a
18-01-2008, 09:48 PM
from southend
thanks for the welcomes and the heads up on this one

being sold by someone 2 steps from registered owner cant be good, also looked on auto trader & dvla free check confirms 3 owners and colour should be blue not grey as advertised whether this means anything?

surly if is not registered to the owner any speeding tickets and tax fines go back to last registered keeper all sounds too messed up for me

back to the ads i think

Nick Mann
18-01-2008, 09:52 PM
It looks like Trigger Mauve in the photos - which is a sort of purple/grey colour.

But yeah - they should be selling the car as a dealer or as a private sale, not a combination of the two!

HMG1K
18-01-2008, 10:12 PM
But yeah - they should be selling the car as a dealer or as a private sale, not a combination of the two!

Which explains why this is its third trip on AutoTrader!

I remember the mate (of the dealer) who's car it 'is' was desperate to come and pick me up from Heathrow at the time when I said on a Sunday that I was going abroad for work and coming back on the Thursday... Offering me to let me drive the car home... It was hard explaining to him that at 6pm when it's dark outside and I've just landed is not the way to buy a car!

jayjay99
21-01-2008, 02:22 AM
Welcome to the club Steve, good luck in making your way to owning a VR-4, I was exactly the same as you and had a 2.0 gls beforehand and loved it so much I upgraded. I've had the VR-4 2 years exactly now and have loved every minute of it. If you're ever in the Richmond area feel free to swing by!

orionn2o
23-01-2008, 03:26 PM
welcome steve, where in the south east are you from??