PDA

View Full Version : Gear stick surrounding piece...

slaine
18-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi there, good morning.

I just received a couple of dash kits I bought from the states for my Galant, one in aluminum and the other in black :happy:
To put these dash kits easily I'm going to do it at home, taking the parts from the car and doing it there, I havent done it ever before...
I'll need to take out the parts from the front dash which comes out just pulling, and the piece that surrounds the gears stick, but I dont know how to get this last one... I'm not sure if it'll come out just prying up with a flat screwdriver or what... :inquisiti

Hope anyone here has done this before and knows how to take that piece out, thanks a lot for the info and help /thankyou

n13l pm
18-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Once you remove the gear knob, all you need to do is put your hand in to get a grip of the surround and pull it up, it should unclip itself as easy as all the other panels did.

Hope to see some photos uploaded once finished..

slaine
18-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

Many thanks for the info, I'll do it all this weekend, I hope it goes ok...
I'll post the results with pics once finished, no probs :)

P.S.: ur car looks really great m8, how much did u low it? I've seen lowering springs in online shops, but they mostly low the car 40mm and I dont know if that will be a bit too much for my 17" wheels...

HMG1K
18-01-2008, 04:26 PM
:happy: Also, Kieran's written an excellent guide - with large colour photos - on how to do this...

I know you have to be a member to see this, and many other fab articles, but it is well worth the £20...

I used this article and it saved me a lot of hassle - and any scratches to the trim!

slaine
22-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi there, good afternoon.

Well, in the end I received the bloody dash kits, stickers they are, sh1t3, and what is worse they are for a Galant from the States, which is different than ours here in UK, so the stickers wont fit, not all of them anyway, and I've tried to contact the company but they are playing deaf :angry:

So, to calm meself down a little bit (I was really pissed off with these people) I called ProSpeed and booked my car for a cat-back exhaust system, £299 /Hyper

Tomorrow will be done, hope it'll all be ok after, if I get anything from the dash kits company I'll post around, cheers :)

Davezj
22-01-2008, 08:21 PM
i would hate to think what you would buy if you were buying a house and it fell through. Brazil!

slaine
23-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi there, good morning.

That was funny, I have to say :D but I already was thinking of getting a custom exhaust for my car, it was going to happen sooner or later, so, coz I was a bit angry I did it without thinking anymore, called ProSpeed and booked it :D
I have to pick it up later on today, lets see how it looks/sounds/behaves after...