PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Smart phone out there that can match up ????

Wodjno
18-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Right to cut a long story short !!I have owned an 02 XDA Orbit for approx a year. Have been overjoyed with it. All the features i could ask for and more /yesBut!! I was running a little short on memory a few weeks ago, so decided to do a little cleaning up of the memory.. /yesWell i deleted out plenty of stuff and got lots of memory back :DBut i no longer had a telephone function or a Contact list /panAs its a touch screen phone, the keyboard comes up on the screen. But it no longer existed. Nor did my Contact list, not just the numbers ! The Phone book itself had vanished.. So i rings 02 and tells them the prob.. They say.. |No worries just send it back and we'll send you a new 1 :DSo i did.. But yesterday i rang them to see where my new phone had got to ?? They then informed me that they no longer made the phone so could not supply me with 1 :(They then gave me a list of 3 phones to choose from..Nokia N9502 XDA GraphiteSony Ericsson P1iI have revied all 3 phones and neither match up to the spec of the Orbit. I have searched the whole web !! And there is no other phone that has it's spec :(So it looks like i gotta settle for something Lessererer.. So any of you Chaps(or Chapesses) have any thoughts on the above phones.. Or have any other options that i may be able to get 02 to supply me with..Cheers WODJ :D

Roberto
18-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Tell them you want an XDA Exec instead, as it more a like for like and thats what a replacement should be....

Wodjno
18-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Tell them you want an XDA Exec instead, as it more a like for like and thats what a replacement should be....
I ;ooked at the Exec and it was still not upto spec.. Then i came across the Stellar.. It has everything the Orbit has, and a bit better. Rang 02 to tell them i wasn't happy with what they had offered, and said that only the Stellar was upto spec. After being put on hold for 5 mins, they came back and offered me a brand new Orbit? I said i thought they had been discontinued ? They said they have been discontinued from there returns department, meaning they are not sending out any more refubished Orbits. So alls well, that ends well :D

Roberto
18-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Nice one.

I was wondering about them saying the Orbit was discontinued, cause you can still get them over here.

Wodjno
18-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Nice one.

I was wondering about them saying the Orbit was discontinued, cause you can still get them over here.
Pity thou !!I did like the idea of the Stellar /yes

Spirit
18-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Pity thou !!I did like the idea of the Stellar /yes

Worth offering to pay a little to upgrade to it ?

Glad you sorted it out anyhow mate.

thecustomer
18-01-2008, 08:29 PM
wasn't the xda made by HTC?

http://www.htc.com (http://www.htc.com/)/would give you their current range.

hope that helps

:afro: