PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Defexion - supercharger

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi Defexion, I know you were considering some mechanical ways of getting some bang for your buck, and it got me thinking....

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?partnumber=V4HC218-010SQ&tabactive=2

I know that the whole kit is stupendously expensive, but it's just an example of the suprcharger itself.... Fitting something like that (if you can find one cheap!) and running it at very low pressure is going to give a lift in power output for a simple bolt on. So at 3 or 4 psi, you'll get that "cold day, max power" feeling all the time...and the best part is that you start it gently and gradually increase the pressure watching the fuelling on an AFR meter just to be safe.

Depends if you want to break new ground, really, and try something nobody else has. It could end up expensive if you don't know when to stop (though I suspect the factory ECU will not like seeing too much airflow and kill the fun).

The advantage is that it allows you to gradually increase as funds allow....though once you pass the software limits, and start using injectors and a piggyback (or whatever) then there is a very real risk of chewing up your rods.

Just wanted to be thought provoking, I suppose.....I'd just buy a VR-4. Oh I did :D

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2008, 12:42 AM
And, of course, the other alternative (simpler to fit, about the same to buy) is going to be NOS.

This would seem to be your "best option" IMO. Again, you need to be sensible with it: but (for example) a single 25bhp jet wet kit with a 30lb bottle and wiring should weigh in at under $1800USD fairly easily. Rumour has it you can get complete kits for $600USD, though I couldn't find any.

I suspect a single 50bhp jet would cater for all your needs, and not empty the bottle too quickly.

Turbo_Steve
19-01-2008, 12:52 AM
hmm.....
http://www.j-w-racing.co.uk/acatalog/Zex_Nitrous_Systems.html

2.5 with NOS. Come on Galant owners! :D :D :D

man, we've got an old Volvo 240GLT out the back somewhere.............
dear wife, for my birthday I would like.....