PDA

View Full Version : Bumpers Bumpers Bumpers

RAVEN
04-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Hi all.

I'm currently looking at changing my front bumper. I'm looking at the VR4 bumpers at the moment as I love the aggressive look.

The top picture is of a car very similar to mine ... colour and everthing.

The second picture is of the older VR4 and I'm wondering, can the lower lip spoiler on the bumper come seperately so I can add it to my current bumper? This is by removing my current lower lip spoiler and replacing it with this one. Or would I have to buy the whole bumper? Any ideas on price?

The third picture is of the new shape VR4 and man it looks FANTASTIC! Love it. How much would this bumper and the grill cost to buy? (I won't have the VR4 badge of course as my car isn't one.

Cheers.

Spirit
04-02-2004, 07:20 PM
As far as I know mate they are one piece bumpers and I dont remember anyone buying one so can't give you a price - of course you would also have to change the fog lights too and I bet they arn't cheap.

Best bet is a call to Mitsy for both - but without putting a downer on the idea I think the price will put you off unless you are lucky enough to find a scrapped VR4 with one complete.

It's another of those let's guess the price questions :-D - bumper and fogs either pre-facelift of facelift - my guess is around £1000+ (someone posted on here the VR4 spoiler alone is over £1k + VAT :noshake: )

RAVEN
04-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I read that post about prices for the VR4 spoiler not long after making this thread. With prices like that for the spoiler alone ... I think the price for a new bumper will be too much.

I think it's a disgrace the prices for body parts for the Galant. Can't believe it!

I bought a brand new GSi bumper for the Astra and that cost £280. Why are Mitsubishi asking stupid prices like that?

zedy1
04-02-2004, 10:57 PM
front bumper cover (not the bar) approx 450
foglights and trim approx 200 pair

Dmac1969
04-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Raven
Im doing exactly that to my car!!!.Ive got a secondhand 'Sport' bumper (Looks very similar to the 'new' VR4 pic) from a crashed galant that only needs a little work to make perfect ,plus i got some secondhand front fogs to fit it. The bumper and fogs (3 of , one spare!!) are costing me £80. (New price i think is around £280 for the bumper and the fogs are around £280 each i think). Ive had to buy the sport grille , the towing eye cover and the lower mesh grille for the front at a cost of £198 (new). The car already has a set of Sport 17 inch wheels (£500 fitted , with tyres from my dealer..was a special price tho) and ive had a VR4 style spoiler fitted (no brake light tho , so not a real VR4 one) , that cost me £500 all in for painting and fitting. Ive just ordered a set of sport/elegance ect side sills , at £325 (not including painting and fitting). When they come in , im ordering some clear front indicators and side repeaters , then booking the car in to get the whole lot fitted! The only bit of the car that wont look like a sport/Vr4 will be the back end , i havent as yet found a secondhand rear end...but that can wait! Ill try and put pics up somewhere when its done.

Big Ian
05-02-2004, 12:30 AM
RAVEN :undecided why make it look like other's when all you got to do is mod your own bumper and make it a one off! :thinking: ive done a very simple DIY job to my bumper and ive been getting e-mail's and allsorts of questions about "what make is it","where can i buy one",ive had one guy from america calling me a lye'r saying"there is no way that my bumper is stock!" use your imaganation and save yer self £££££! :headsc:

RAVEN
06-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Have you cut out the colourcoded slats in the vent in the bumper mate? Looks good. Good idea. I was thinking of that very idea today so the bumper vent matches the mesh in the grill. Think it will look miles better.

I also want to get rid of the gap between the two 'corner splitters' at the bottom of the front bumper so it's even keal like on the second picture above. Doesn't quite look right the way it is ... That's why I was wondering if that part I was talking about in the second picture is sold seperately, so I can remove my current 'splitters' and replace it with a 'proper' spoiler.

Loads of ideas running through my head at the moment mate. Just want to make the front bumper that all more aggressive. Also want to get rid of the 'tusks' that's currently on the bumper which sprays water at the headlights ...

Big Ian
06-02-2004, 02:06 AM
yip i have cut the slat's of and added fine mesh ive also done the grill,next job to the bumper is ,i'm going to cut away the fog light's and add 2 set's of small square light's 1 set=driving/1 set=fog,a bit of work involved but i think i should be able to sculped it the way i want it?