PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer bottle

Robotnik123
21-01-2008, 02:16 AM
I notice that when I fill my car's windscreen washer tank all the way up to the top, water leaks out until the water level reaches the 1st bend in in the neck of the bottle, a few inches down. Is this by design and the water is going out an overflow hole, or do I have a faulty tank? Not that it matters of course, because the leak is so high up that plenty of water stays in the tank.

Kenneth
21-01-2008, 02:34 AM
I notice that when I fill my car's windscreen washer tank all the way up to the top, water leaks out until the water level reaches the 1st bend in in the neck of the bottle, a few inches down. Is this by design and the water is going out an overflow hole, or do I have a faulty tank? Not that it matters of course, because the leak is so high up that plenty of water stays in the tank.

My understanding is that you fill the washer bottle until the floating foam indicator reaches the FULL mark, not the washing fluid. ( I believe the filler neck is actually a separate piece to the holding bottle... )

Robotnik123
21-01-2008, 03:17 AM
My understanding is that you fill the washer bottle until the floating foam indicator reaches the FULL mark, not the washing fluid. ( I believe the filler neck is actually a separate piece to the holding bottle... )

Ah yes, I see the empty and full markings now. Shows how observant I am! I was putting water all the way up to the top of the filler cap, which explains why it was leaking out!.

d i c k i e s
21-01-2008, 03:32 AM
yup. i just fill it up to the top, not that it matters anyway.

Paul Beazer
21-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Mine does it too, just fill it up to halfway up the filler neck and it will be fine.