PDA

View Full Version : TCS / ABS / AYC issues

Wakaba
21-01-2008, 04:39 AM
I just had my warped rotors resurfaced, and installed an aftermarket steering wheel using a proper boss kit. Now I am having issues to say the least....

Issue 1:
While driving straight, intermittently the little swerving car light will turn on, and the ABS pump will engage. This causes the right front brake to grab like no tomorrow, yanking my car to the right and a stop.

I pulled the ABS fuze to get home.

Issue 2:
While driving straight, with all four tires filled with proper pressure, the AYC light will turn on at speeds over 35km/h. If I go any faster than that, the lights begin to climb, and I can hear the AYC pump go into overtime.

Any ideas?

Subaru ETA
21-01-2008, 05:45 AM
sounds like a problem with the wheel speed sensors. check that they dont have metal shaving on them or been damaged when they did the breaks

Paul Beazer
21-01-2008, 07:51 AM
I just had my warped rotors resurfaced, and installed an aftermarket steering wheel using a proper boss kit. Now I am having issues to say the least....

Issue 1:
While driving straight, intermittently the little swerving car light will turn on, and the ABS pump will engage. This causes the right front brake to grab like no tomorrow, yanking my car to the right and a stop.

I pulled the ABS fuze to get home.

Issue 2:
While driving straight, with all four tires filled with proper pressure, the AYC light will turn on at speeds over 35km/h. If I go any faster than that, the lights begin to climb, and I can hear the AYC pump go into overtime.

Any ideas?
Sounds like some wires have got crossed over somehow. You say the brakes come on when you're driving, thats not good!

bradc
21-01-2008, 08:36 AM
I think Dave is on the right track, it is most likely something to do with the wheel sensors

Paul Beazer
21-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Did they take the disks off the hubs to machine them, or just remove the wheel? Like others say could be some swarf in the wheel sensors, it was too early when i posted before!

Nick Mann
21-01-2008, 10:35 AM
As everyone above says! It could be the sensor is working, but the abs ring is cracked. But odds on that is where the problem lies.

richy rich
21-01-2008, 12:22 PM
sounds like a problem with the wheel speed sensors. check that they dont have metal shaving on them or been damaged when they did the breaks
Totally agree.

Wakaba
21-01-2008, 01:16 PM
I pulled the rotors off to have them resurfaced, and I don't think I damaged the wheel sensors. I will check anyway.

Is there a simple way of diagnosing which wheel sensor may be the culprit?

Subaru ETA
24-01-2008, 06:23 AM
datalogging with diagnostic equipment or check resistances