PDA

View Full Version : drivers side air vent + switches

pungatree1
22-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Anyone got a complete drivers side air vent / mirror controller / fog light assembly? Mirror switch now gone along with fog light switch and so I might as well replace the whole thing!

Turbo_Steve
22-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Surely just cheaper to get the switches? They only clip in (I think?)

DefeXion
24-01-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah, switches are clip in. We got a mirror switch from the dismantled legnum if you want to purchase it. The foglight switch already sold.

Subaru ETA
24-01-2008, 08:17 AM
yeah, just repalce the switches they are a peice of piss to do...removing the vent however is a different story!.....

pungatree1
24-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I guess I didn't explain! Originally it was just the foglight switch that wasn't working and so I have been trying to track a cheap replacement as its just the switch part that has failed. Took it round to a mate's place and he removed the mirror part (which was working previously) and then broke the little clip on the air vent part trying to get the whole vent system out!

The vent still sits in place but is a bit loose and tends to slip downwards. Anyhow when he put it back together the mirror folding switch doesnt work now!

I got a quote from Kempys today for $45 for fog light switch & $45 for mirror switch plus gst and freight. At the moment I am just keen to replace the foglight switch so I can at least use them and I am not too concerned about the mirror switch although how much do you want for it?

DefeXion
25-01-2008, 05:47 AM
I tell you what 45 bux for the mirror switch AND the vent minus the fog. How does that sound?

phosty
11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Hmmn, having recently removed my vent/fog/mirror swith panel I can testify to the difficulty of getting it out!

For the future reference of others here are pictures showing the location of the hidden clips that hold it in - two on each side (one 15mm wide and one 6mm wide):

uploaded/4134/1202760517.jpg
uploaded/4134/1202760570.jpg

I managed to get my fingers onto the left hand side clips by coming in from underneath (lower dash cover removed) and then jammed a small screwdriver in on the right hand side - luckily without leaving a mark. But be careful as the plastic is easy to snap (I damaged to LHS grill hinge by pressing too hard with my fingers.

pungatree1
12-02-2008, 07:44 AM
Thanks for that Phosty - it did seem difficult to take out! I am going to leave the the vent and mirror part at the moment but still keen on finding a relacement fog light switch (thanks tho Defixion). Seems to be another common weak point along with the clocks!