PDA

View Full Version : latest update !!

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 11:23 AM
mon; bonnet vents fitting & painting; £200
tues; ATF cooler; [ Nobles ] cooler 235mm x 125mm, [ I think ?] £56.35 + £8.50 for pipe work, & 2 hrs labour to fit @ £38 per hour
wed; uni-chip, re-map, dyno, etc...etc.. £560. did tell them that if anything else is needed whilst they are at it, just do it !! ie; replace cone filter with whatever they recomend. [ not sure the filter is doing its job properly ]
thurs; new discs, pads & lowered springs. discs & pads £400, springs £99.75. labour......... well, he quoted me £95 to do brakes, & now !! whatever it costs to fit springs at same time!!
fri; file for bankruptcy !! :-D :-D :$

PS !! will speak to Kieran later, regarding turbocharging his !! " not a problem, & not as expensive as you might think !!" well, thats what Noble's say !!

Spirit
05-02-2004, 12:22 PM
" not a problem, & not as expensive as you might think !!"

I often find garage's version of "not expensive" isn't quite the same as mine :-D

Kieran
05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
:wow: :eek: So, you're spending about £1500?!?!?!?!!!!!

JAYSUS!!!! :toilet: :scared1: :Eek1: :nono:

Do you not fear the wrath of Mrs Interlec?!

Nick VR4
05-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Any Pics mate :rolleyes5

enigma
05-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Derek, if you could wield a spanner you could figure on halving that! Mind you if you earn more than it costs to pay someone else to do it.......why bother! :greedy:

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 01:21 PM
wield a spanner ??? :$
I would love to , but there a few probs with that. A; I dont have a garage, its full of junk, B ;my drive is only just wide & long enough to park on. C; I live on a steep hill, so, nothing doing there then. D; I dont have a collection of tool to do the jobs, ie; axle stands, ramps, trolley jacks etc,etc. E; It's usually dark when I get home from watching people work, & normally, I'm out doing other things, pricing jobs, getting drunk etc !!! F; I'm not sure what a spanner looks like !! :$

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Do you not fear the wrath of Mrs Interlec?!
OH Kieran !!! grow up !! :p you dont think I'm going to tell her do you ?? :$ :$ what you dont know, cant hurt you !!! ignorance is bliss !! etc ..etc..
besides, I've promised to start & redecorate the house !! starting with the stairs, & we live in a 3 story house !! :Cry1: and seeing as I dont know how a paintbrush works................. yep !! you've guessed it ?? :wiggle:

Spirit
05-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Derek I luv your style mate, another who thinks like me :-D

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 01:41 PM
:lolz:

zedy1
05-02-2004, 05:46 PM
good luck mate are you taing it to rolling road

Kieran
05-02-2004, 06:11 PM
PS !! will speak to Kieran later, regarding turbocharging his !! " not a problem, & not as expensive as you might think !!" well, thats what Noble's say !!

WOW!!!

Tell me! Tell Me!!! :-b :D

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 06:13 PM
damned !!! I should have told you earlier, I've forgot now !! :$ :$

Kieran
05-02-2004, 06:15 PM
I'll make my way up to your house and polish you to death if you don't remeber pronto! :-D :furious3: :devil5:

Remember Clumsy Dave and His reversing incident after he angered the God of GLS Power!!! :wall:

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 06:24 PM
printed the thread, 'chips with everything' & I'll let Darren peruse it at his leasure. when I next go in, [tuesday ] we'll chat a bit further regarding your GLS.
basically, it's not a problem to turbocharge it, the only problem is an intercooler ?? I think it needs to be at least as big as a VR4's !! and the max boost you will get is 0.5 PSI, I presume that is to do with the compression ratio of 10.1 ??
He'll let me know more next week !! can you wait that long ?? :D