PDA

View Full Version : how I pay for my mods

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm really just trying to justify to myself why I spend so much on my car!! this picture give you some idea of how I pay for life in general.
the office on the left is 3 story, 27,000 sq ft refurbishment project. it's 90% 1st fixed, just waiting for the builders to get some plaster on the wall inside etc, & then I can 2nd fix it . the jobs worth £100K to me [ inc fire alarm etc ] ther's 680 lights to go in, & around 1000 sockets !!
as soon as thats done, were building the 2 offices behind [ new build ] tottaling 20,000 sq ft, & then the 13,000 sq ft office in the foreground.
all this is to be done by early 2005 !!! [ in your dreams !!! ]
all in all I've around £400,000's work lined up over the next 15 months or so !! :-D :-D [ including other jobs ongoing ]
should keep the wolves from the door for a while, only problem is, I aint had a penny yet from any of this work !! so, in a way, I'm spending it before I get it !! [ dangerous ! ] :$ :$
& who, you may ask, does all this work ???
ME !!! easy peasy doing new build !! :cool1:

Nick Mann
05-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Sounds like you are doing well! Go for it! I have thought about going in to business working for myself, but haven't had the balls to walk away from a salary yet. And now the first sacrifice in starting up would be the VR-4.
:noshake:

Think I'll stop where I am for a while, and look enviously at those with more modifications than me! :)

Nick VR4
05-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Wow sound like you have some work going for you good luck mate :-b :-D

enigma
05-02-2004, 10:54 PM
680 lights to go in, & around 1000 sockets !!

hmmmm......thats about a £1000 from the mr handy bulk buy outlet........where does the customers other £99000 go?

Making the car go faster of course!

SGHOM
05-02-2004, 11:45 PM
simple maths !!! £100K job. £50 K on materials, £20K on labour. [ got to have a bit of help !! ] £20 K on tax & VAT :veryangry £9.9K on the unforeseen extras I have to fork out for, & the rest is mine !!!
err !! hang about, let me work that one out again :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

zedy1
05-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Derek your like me spending too much

SGHOM
06-02-2004, 10:13 AM
this is the real thing, not an artists impression !!! looks good. this, & the other 3 buildings will pay for my mods, & my 'place in the sun' !!!

venomboy
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Erm.. why doesn't it look anything like the artists impression?

Nick Mann
06-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Looks like the impression to me. The 'square donut' building, looking from the car park on the right. Only difference being the colour of the cladding?

SGHOM
06-02-2004, 08:18 PM
well spotted Nick !!! the completion date for this refurb' is dec 2003 !!! err yeh all right !!!
despite what I previously said, I stand to make at least £25K from this project, but when it will be finished. god knows ! I'm commited to spending a few bob on my car now, & it looks like a bit of financial support from my friendly bank manager will be in order !! :$ :$

landy
06-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Glad to see business is good, Derek. :smug: :-D :-b
Make sure they do pay though !! :shifty:

michaeli
08-02-2004, 02:50 PM
this is the real thing, not an artists impression !!! looks good. this, & the other 3 buildings will pay for my mods, & my 'place in the sun' !!!

Where are you going to buy your place in the sun???

Is it Spain?? If so I can help you with any spanish legal jargon or call someone in Spain for you. My Fiancee is Spanish and I speak fluent Spanish myself, I also have a company which does legal translations in French, Spanish, German and Italian.

If I can be of service let me know...... ;)

RAVEN
10-02-2004, 02:58 PM
Very good mate. I'm a property developer myself. Not in the sense of developing offices like yourself, more in the property market. I've developed two terraced houses at the moment and made myself quite a good profit seems though I'm only on the second step on the ladder. I'm in the process now of sourcing my third development.

At the moment I'm developing around my current job, but I'm hoping if my third development is a success, I'll be able to quit my job and do property developing full time. I think the latter is very probable as I am very enthusiastic about this.

I wish you all the success in your project mate.

KiwiTT
10-02-2004, 08:43 PM
It must really be worth it, spending on improving the VR-4.

There is only one VR-4