PDA

View Full Version : Tptronic vs Auto

d i c k i e s
28-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Lately ive been driving around in tip mode...

Question is, is it true when driving in tip mode you use more petrol than you would if you were driving in automatic?

Ive havent noticed a big difference myself. but yeah? must all depend how you drive it i guess..

pungatree1
28-01-2008, 02:50 AM
I only use the tip a little as I find the car is fairly quick when needed when just in drive - kick down comes quick enough etc. On those times I have used tip I have seen the fuel gauge move before my eyes and that wasn't even pushing it anywhere near the limit! Ultimately how you drive it though must affect the fuel economy though!

d i c k i e s
28-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Yup! lol.
might have to just leave it in drive then. lol

bradc
28-01-2008, 04:13 AM
I don't like how in drive it select 5th really early, and when you do hit the throttle it tries to keep it in 5th for a while, which uses the torque converter which heats up the gearbox fluid.

d i c k i e s
28-01-2008, 06:39 AM
yeah noticed that.. so ive been changing via tip mode... (dats where i get some popping sounds from exhaust... mmmmm!)

orionn2o
29-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Im not keen on auto mode because when you go around roudabouts or what it'll drop in a rubbish gear like 5th and then if you need to accelerate out you've got no power! So then if it kicks down you run more risk of spinning out.

I'd rather pick my gears for the situation of driving that i'm negotiating