PDA

View Full Version : super drager Vs custom twin

SGHOM
06-02-2004, 04:34 PM
super drager/fujibutsi Vs BDA's home made, & my custom made twin !!
the former sound fantastic, & when you drive past pedestrians, they look who has made that racket !!
with mine & I presume Dave's, pedestrians look before you even get to them !! :-D
just been out & thrashed the nuts of my Legnum, & I kid you not , you get within 100 yards of unsuspecting old folk, & they look around to see whats coming, never mind whats just been !! :D :D
I also realised yesterday, that I've set off car alarms with it !! :$ :$ the 1st time I thought it was just coincidence, but it's happened 4 times now ! must be their alarms too sensitive . :$ :$

enigma
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
You boy racer you!

I have to admit, whenever I see a group of lads walking the streets (cos they are too young to drive presumably!) I always ALWAYS select N and give it a good old blip!!! VVVVVRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM PPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

:laugh:

Kieran
06-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Bruuuuummmmmmmm......Brummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... :uhoh2:

SGHOM
06-02-2004, 05:02 PM
:boing3: on full throttle, approaching some unsuspecting peeps !!! :-D :-D
prats who work for me just haven't listened to a word I said, so I stormed off & took my frustration out on the car ! :$ cant dump very well at the moment though !! its just not loud enough, all will be sorted next week. & I will be over £50 poorer, err..£500 ?? err................... :$ :$

enigma
06-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Bruuuuummmmmmmm......Brummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... :uhoh2:

faaart faaart more like :-D

Kieran
06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Actually, I'm being unfair.... Most of the time, it's

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........p urrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then, if I press the 'Engage GLS Power' button (the one that's at the bottom of the accelerator pedal :devil5: ), then it goes....

purrrrrrrrrrROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!..roarrrrrr rrrrrrr

SGHOM
06-02-2004, 05:16 PM
might invite you 2 up to my place one day !! when Dave arrives, I'll be outside waiting, When you arrive Kieran, you might have to ring the doorbell !! :D :-D

Kieran
06-02-2004, 05:18 PM
:lolz: Cheeky bugger :-D

Spirit
06-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Two points on that:

1: You have taken away the sleeping giant aspect of the VR4 with the extra noise
2: Half the people will be saying "noisey tw*t" ! I know I used to :-D

My drager is a little throatier since the decat and I do love the noise but it does not intrude into the cabin which you have complained about Derek :huh:

As long as you guys are happy thats all that matters :-D :-D :-D

enigma
06-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I always ALWAYS select N and give it a good old blip!!!

However, Mrs BDA suggests you check which direction you choose when you come out of N :argue: :wall:

Brind
07-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I was following my mates the other week back from having and indian.
Very sedately driving around town towards the motorway, reach the motorway but there is believe it or not a speed camera just as it turns into a sliproad for a motorway????? anyway get past this which is 40mph limit.. and then foot to the floor!!! :-b I wasn't close behind but was the only car behind them.. obviously the car went like a bat out of hell making all these great revvy roaring sounds as I past them.

Got to where we were going and they all said they were shocked and didn't know what the hell it was that past them! :-D obviously they did but it was still a shock to hear it go past like that.

But yeah, as long as you're happy, as I think mine is loud enough if not too loud at times!

If I could have the same performance with a standard exhaust I wouldn't have what I have.
The reason why we got the VR4 was to have something no one else has that has all the room and power to go with it.
Ostentaciousness is the furthest thing from my liking no matter what gains it could give.

SGHOM
07-02-2004, 01:20 AM
Ostentaciousness is the furthest thing from my liking no matter what gains it could give.
so you think I should forget the huge twin exhaust, the un-chip, the boost, the re-map, the 18" alloys, the whale tail spoiler, the ATF cooler, the nitrous, the 150 dcb ICE, the trick paint job, the............................. :-D :-D

Brind
07-02-2004, 01:27 AM
In terms of looks, I prefer subtle.. you can do what you like!!! you're a big boy now. :-D

Power mods I'd welcome but nothing that would change the general looks of the car is for me.

Alloys, side indicators is the only thing you'll 'see' changed on mine given choice, stuff under the bonnet is a different ball game.

Nick Mann
07-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Have to be honest, I agree with you, Mark. I would change the wheels now if I could afford some new ones! Also the side repeaters.
Derek - if I could afford it, you, Mo and BDA would be looking at the back of my car way out infront of you by the end of the 1/4 mile!!

Part of me wishes that I had not bought such a new VR-4. I could have had Haydars for 1/2 what I paid for mine, which would give me a car with a lot of mods to play with already, plus extra money each month to play further. Ho hum. The lottery win tonight will change all of that!! :D

enigma
07-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Hmmmm.......I think my exhaust looks like it should be there.....ok its a bit louud, but people still cant work out wtf just wasted them!

At a trip to the pod I was up against an MR2 whos 'fans' thought he was a cert.......no suck luck! Wasted him by a second and a half! I still have a sleeper! :-D

Nick Mann
07-02-2004, 06:14 PM
That you do! I think that Dereks donated back box is just the job for me. I wouldn't want the noise you have every day. I would like the speed, though!

Spirit
07-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Soon you will hear what mine now sounds like on a track - will link a clip asap - pretty cool :-D

Spirit
08-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Okay the video link is up so here you go:

http://www.p.honey.btinternet.co.uk/Track3Out.wmv (4.05Mb)

enigma
08-02-2004, 09:24 PM
No in car shots? But what about the shiny new bracket you bought???? :(

Spirit
08-02-2004, 09:27 PM
There is here Dave: http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2957

I just put this link here for people to hear the exhaust noise ;)

And photo's here: http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2951