PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed brakes - anyone tried them?

Nice But
28-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Having a rummage around at work and found this guy Godspeed Brakes clicky (http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/home.htm) has anyone used any of his kit before? If so is it any good?

If my vibration turns out to be disks etc then I might plumb for his 4 pot steel 325mm kit...... £500 cheaper than AP/Brembo, and he makes the adapters for the cars.

I've mailed him so will wait his reply....... just testing the water to see if anybody had tried them.

WildCards
28-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Can't go wrong with a name like that surely? :p

Just make sure the seals and dust covers etc are suitable for fast road use and nothing needs any special treatment or has ridiculously short service intervals etc.

Nice But
28-01-2008, 12:51 PM
I was thinking the same, he offers 2 years warranty......

I'll wait for him to reply to my mail. Yep the guy has got to have a sense of humour....:happy:

psbarham
28-01-2008, 06:08 PM
i've been waiting for a reply for 18 months now for 294mm two peice discs, i hope your chair is comfy /pan

Nice But
28-01-2008, 06:47 PM
That doesn't sound to good....... oh well we'll see.

Back to the drawing board/Grrr

K9NG
28-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Godspeed :stop: I had a very bad experience a few years ago when
ordering 4 pot brembo kit for my Saab.

The kit did'nt fit and the discs were fouling the ball-joints so I e-mailed him about the problem, and Ian said that he was making the kit from memory. :inquisiti And that he would send out a new fitting kit,
when that came they still did'nt fit so I asked for a refund and he was refusing the refund! Expecting me to wait for another fitting kit!!
I finally got most of my monies back, he would'nt give the full payment back because he said they were a custom kit and that he did'nt have another buyer for them at that point in time :thinking:

When I spoke with Trading Standards they were well aware of Ian and that he has been to court many times and still keeps opening back up and ripping people off /pan

Stay well clear imho.

Nick Mann
28-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Good feedback, Paul. Sounds like he could be onto a good thing, but isn't able to get it right.

Shame you had to get your fingers burned to find that out though!

I-S
03-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Not quite as bad a name as "Hope" when it comes to brakes, but almost...

Nice But
03-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for that info........ that'll be a no no then!

I'll alter the title to reflect...

Paul Beazer
04-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Not quite as bad a name as "Hope" when it comes to brakes, but almost...
Eh? As in Hope MTB brakes? Explain yourself!

bradc
04-02-2008, 09:35 AM
as in hoping the car will stop :)

WildCards
04-02-2008, 09:58 AM
/lol Tim, you do realise by adding 'don't read thread' people are bound to be even more intrigued to see what they shouldn't read.

Nice But
04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
/pan Well it might stop people wasting their time...../lol

I've amended it ....:inquisiti

I-S
04-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Paul - just that calling a brake "hope" is a little worrying. I wasn't implying that there was anything wrong with hope's products (well, other than being a bit blingy, but functionally they're fine), only that the name is not one that a marketeer would ideally attach to the product.

Paul Beazer
04-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Im with you now Isaac!