PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Motors Scam

MGV6
29-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Got a letter this morning from Mitsubishi, about this http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/winacar/ColtCZC-winners.asp

A mate of mine who used to work at Mitsubishi years ago told me these are classical scams by many dealers in attempt to encourage sales. There is no prize and winners announced are fake.

What do you guys think?

Mitsubishi Motors giving away £120,000 worth of cars - is that really possible?

Nick Mann
29-01-2008, 05:04 PM
AFAIK it is illegal to state that prizes will be won and then they are not.

It is certainly possible. It's a lot cheaper than some advertising campains!

HMG1K
29-01-2008, 08:59 PM
AFAIK it is illegal to state that prizes will be won and then they are not.

Spot on - it's illegal...

All Competitions, in the terms and conditions, will have a line saying "for a full list of winners, please send a stamped address envelope to XYZ". Also, all such competitions shouldn't require a 'purchase' to qualify for entry, so another line will read: "no purchase necessary, send your name and address to ABC to enter".

I'm guessing there is no 'purchase' needed here as it's a test drive...

It's a lot cheaper than some advertising campain.

Certainly is! £120k of car - at list - is peanuts... Lets cut it down to cost price of the cars, say around £60k, is chicken feed...

Even though it's currently cheaper at the moment to buy a 30" TV ad spot during Coronation Street - primetime ITV1 - than it is to book the equivalent a radio advert, Mitsubishi owners tend to be repeat buyers, so targeting via its website and customer letters it a doddle.

glover
01-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I would have said it was nonsense untill my wife won a brand new renault clio about ten years ago. :evilgrin:

HMG1K
01-02-2008, 01:35 PM
And I won a Mitsubishi video recorder at a dealership invited evening and prize draw at the launch of the 8th gen Galant in 1997... I got the third prize - the first was a new Galant !

Kieran
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
I would have said it was nonsense untill my wife won a brand new renault clio about ten years ago. :evilgrin:

Always back luck to win the booby prize!/pan