PDA

View Full Version : looking at a VR4 this week

pitslayer
29-01-2008, 06:08 PM
might be going up to look at a VR4 sometime this week and maybe put a deposit down on it. ive read the buyers guide,and what not, is there anything else i should be looking out for on test drive? and yes i will be checking the gearbox works aswell. the car has everything i want on it already, and looks pretty clean inside and out, 54kmiles on the clock, manual. wants about 5k for it, its a 96

WildCards
29-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Service history, recent fluids change, cambelt etc etc. A '96 would need to be mint to warrant £5k at the minute IMO.

Spirit
29-01-2008, 06:24 PM
What mods has it got on it Pits ?

AncientOfMu
29-01-2008, 06:28 PM
:rolleyes4 /wall /Hissy

what is wrong with my car :( why the hell does noone want it :(:(:(:(

sorry just feeling low.

More details pits? maybe someone could look at it with you?

MPBVr4
29-01-2008, 06:30 PM
This one ?:inquisiti http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/348507.htm

richy rich
29-01-2008, 06:40 PM
This one ?:inquisiti http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/348507.htm
That engine bay would put me off straight away.

Nice But
29-01-2008, 07:16 PM
They're all like it up there........ they wash the outside but don't clean the bay. It's dust. My Leggy was bought in sept07 and arrived in this country 2 weeks ago, so it's sat somewhere for a long time.

Cleans up ok though. Saw that one, and it does seem in nice nik, although was looking for the leggy so only gave it a cursory glance.

bradc
29-01-2008, 07:20 PM
That engine bay is pretty bad, what were they driving it in, a concrete yard?

The Vee
29-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Not always bad an engine like that, It's probably not been tampered with(too much!) and is not steam cleaned so any leaks may show.

pitslayer
29-01-2008, 08:26 PM
that should be the one cant view it off my phone. Ancient your car is lovely and very well priced, but i have decided on a manual galant, i just dont want to get a lemon

MPBVr4
29-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Not always bad an engine like that, It's probably not been tampered with(too much!) and is not steam cleaned so any leaks may show.

My thoughts also.

TAR
29-01-2008, 08:55 PM
i just dont want to get a lemon

Hope your not talking bout AoM's car!!/pan /pan

Seriously, the best bet is to see if someone local can go with you.

pitslayer
29-01-2008, 09:25 PM
ancients is a lovely car. I mean the one im looking at i dont want it to be a lemon.

pitslayer
29-01-2008, 10:14 PM
is it me or in that pic does the front wing by the lights look dented

Spirit
29-01-2008, 11:31 PM
is it me or in that pic does the front wing by the lights look dented

Not sure, hopefully it's just a reflection from the nice shiney paintwork

pitslayer
30-01-2008, 03:07 PM
will have to check it out, think im going up friday morning...ish

TAR
30-01-2008, 05:23 PM
ancients is a lovely car. I mean the one im looking at i dont want it to be a lemon.

Yup I agree.....was only joking with you about lemons!!:happy:

pitslayer
30-01-2008, 07:10 PM
i hope i can get this black one. it covers the most vital things im looking for
non standard alloys
manual
shiney
Galant
not trigger mauve /lol
and most importantly of, which i think i touched on earlier, its not trigger mauve /pan
/lol

elnevio
30-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey pits

Did I see somewhere that you're possibly going to the States? Will you take the VR-4 with you if you do?

Nice But
30-01-2008, 07:18 PM
not trigger mauve /lol
and most importantly of, which i think i touched on earlier, its not trigger mauve /pan
/lol

And the problem with Trigger mauve /pan /pan /pan :happy:

They are nice people, which is unusual for a car dealer, Ben and Andy are very helpful. The cars are mainly stock, they do the cambelt (and replace tensioners if needed) or get them to do them, underseal (very well) and fit a Toad cat1 for a package price of £500.

I had the pack added to mine, they seem slightly flexible on prices, so have a go. I got 200 off mine due to a clerical cock up on their behalf, they just shrugged and took it. They offer their own 3 month warranty. They service the car before delivery, oil/filter, AYC fluid replaced, auto fluid replaced and filter (not flushed) the y use genuine Mitsi oil and filters.

I was very happy with them and the price.......

Good luck

:happy:

pitslayer
30-01-2008, 07:49 PM
you do realise that every trigger mauve car, makes good kill a box of kittens dont you? /pan. i just dont like the colour, actually i dont like purple, in any shade or form
i spoke to them and they seem like really nice guys, and i havnt heard anything bad about them.

if i move to the us, ill probably sell the galant. however my fastback and beachbuggy will be coming over to the US with me

Nice But
30-01-2008, 07:56 PM
:happy: no worries....... I'm not a major purple fan but I quite liked the trigger when I saw it in the metal...... should look nice with some bronze wheels methinks.../rally

They are nice guys, very genuine and not at all in your face......which really is unusual for a dealer:afro: Their cars are good as well, you see them warts and all, have a look at the blue numleg...... with the wobbly roof/pan they know it's a dud but will probably use it as a hack themselves.......

Have fun, the hardest part if finding them....... it's not too bad just a bit round the houses.

pitslayer
30-01-2008, 09:41 PM
i would say, its ok ive got satnav, but to be fair i hate sat nav. i had one the other day take me on a 8 mile detour, and at one time it told me to go left, then left again, then left again, then left again, then left again. i ignored it after going around the block once, stupid garmin piece of junk.

they seem friendly enough, which is unusual for dealers they are usually pushy and try and sell anything under the sun. spoke to them, and if its still there friday when i go up, and its the car i want, ill put a deposit down, and he said he would hold it untill my funds came through.
i dont think i can afford the 500 for the alarm and what not, shame as its such a good deal. but i have budgeted for 5k for the car, and i wont go over my budget.

Zaid
30-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Pits if you get that car you got to let me sit in it since you are local and since I have never been in a VR-4 !

shaun1978
30-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi, I guess i better say hello.
I saw that car last sat and they said they would take 4.5k for it so bear that in mind. I stumped for a legnum and knocked them down a bit on that as well, also getting the package which to me seems a good deal. They do seem very friendly and helpful and im very impressed. The picture of the car isnt in their yard..... when i seen it it had a notice saying awaiting preparation.

Zaid
31-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Hi, I guess i better say hello.
I saw that car last sat and they said they would take 4.5k for it so bear that in mind. I stumped for a legnum and knocked them down a bit on that as well, also getting the package which to me seems a good deal. They do seem very friendly and helpful and im very impressed.

For 4.5K I guess they are making about 1.5K from this car. Had qutations from Japan, its just the hassel of importing, waiting and getting them on the road that puts me off..

pitslayer
31-01-2008, 01:10 AM
really thats good to know he said he wouldnt go lower than 5k.
yes zaid, ill let you sit in it lol, where to are you based ?

Zaid
31-01-2008, 09:01 PM
really thats good to know he said he wouldnt go lower than 5k.
yes zaid, ill let you sit in it lol, where to are you based ?

Am in Church Village between Pontypridd and Llantrisent (hope I got the spelling right :P)
Good luck with the purchase /rally

Nice But
31-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Pits

They are flexible...... if you look like you'll walk away they should move, or if you fancy it, go the alarm/cambelt/underseal for £5K route.

If you don't ask you don't get....... as Shaun says all the cars are waiting prep, I think it's Andy's lad who does the cleaning, so you'll have to do it yourself:happy: properly. Mine was a warm region with a diddy battery, asked them to swap it for me and I'd divvy up the extra. Well they swapped it and didn't charge me...... result.

They will match the speedo to miles for 50 notes cash.......

I was just impressed. They come highly recommended from me :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 08:17 PM
right, well had a bit of bad news, rung up ebony and ivory earlier.....sold yesterday....... however i am now putting a deposit down on the best VR4 i have come across for sale, im ecstatic, i wish my money would come through asap so i can pick it up. and im going to guess the previous owner is really happy that, its staying within the club
so here it is my new car.....when i have paid for it /lol, putting the deposit down this weekend.

TAR
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase.

You have picked a great car and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Nice But
01-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Nice one...... I say things happen for a reason.

miller
01-02-2008, 08:34 PM
good choice, you know it made sense!

Mike

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 08:49 PM
But I Want It Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HMG1K
01-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Congratulations! Wise purchase!

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
i think so to, at least i know that 3 months down the line it is going to turn out to be a complete sh***er. im really happy though.
what i dont understand is why the hell no one bought it before me, maybe it was just ment to be. for those of you who know the car personally you know what i mean, its immaculate, for those who dont know the car personally, apart from the scrape on the wing mirror, and a bit of flaky paint on the bumper it looks like it rolled out the factory.

HMG1K
01-02-2008, 09:40 PM
i think so to, at least i know that 3 months down the line it is going to turn out to be a complete sh***er. im really happy though.
what i dont understand is why the hell no one bought it before me, maybe it was just ment to be. for those of you who know the car personally you know what i mean, its immaculate, for those who dont know the car personally, apart from the scrape on the wing mirror, and a bit of flaky paint on the bumper it looks like it rolled out the factory.

Nothing that a ChipsAway bloke can't sort out !

At least you have the car's life documented on this site - know the owner - know the people who know the car... A very good purchase!!!

HMG1K
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Am in Church Village between Pontypridd and Llantrisent (hope I got the spelling right :P)
Good luck with the purchase /rally

Loving your photos of your car !!!:pimp2:

pitslayer
01-02-2008, 10:06 PM
i honestly dont know why i bothered looking at other cars. i just want to say, i didnt buy this car because i wanted a VR4 and this one is conveniant. i have a seriously good gut feeling about this car, fallen in love with it, unlike the black one, which the more i think about it, the more i dont want it. the more i think about Dons, the bigger the smile on my face gets

im so happy right now

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 10:39 PM
and it stays in the club

Zaid
02-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Loving your photos of your car !!!:pimp2:

Thanks mate :) I have also updated my gallery with some more photos of my current and previous Galants. Get your Elegance on your gallery as well :)

Zaid
02-02-2008, 12:18 AM
i honestly dont know why i bothered looking at other cars. i just want to say, i didnt buy this car because i wanted a VR4 and this one is conveniant. i have a seriously good gut feeling about this car, fallen in love with it, unlike the black one, which the more i think about it, the more i dont want it. the more i think about Dons, the bigger the smile on my face gets

im so happy right now

Congratulations mate, a very good choice :)

HMG1K
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Thanks mate :) I have also updated my gallery with some more photos of my current and previous Galants. Get your Elegance on your gallery as well :)

:evilgrin: :evilgrin: Had already checked those out too !!! Swish looking, mate!

Will do with mine - will have to collate all the ones I have and stick them on my gallery! :pimp2: