PDA

View Full Version : Manual gearbox conversion wanted

advancedme
31-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Hi

I'm in the UK and have just built a full engine for a 6A13 Legnum. The gearbox doesn't like it.... ;-(

Need a manual gearbox and drive train for a Legnum VR4. Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Dan

advancedme@gmail.com

www.advancedme.co.uk

Nick Mann
31-01-2008, 11:06 PM
As in a twin turbo 6A13? To what spec? What gearbox doesn't like it?

It isn't going to be easy. I am lucky enough to have the bits in my garage to convert mine to a manual, but whilst I am not doing it yet, I'm not willing to part with the bits either! For exactly the reason it is going to be difficult to source the parts.

The box has the same internals as 5 speed Evos, but the bellhousing is different. Not sure if that will help you or not. If you can wait, then it might even be worth investigating sourcing the parts from NZ. There's a place called Kempys that the NZ guys seem to think is an easy & reliable source of second hand parts.

advancedme
03-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi there Nick

It has a built engine with pistons and rods and is running a standalone ECU. its the semi automatic box. 2nd to third gear slips every time.

Do you have a link to the guys in NZ so I could import a driveline. I hear its just the gearbox that is different, the transfer box is the same apparrently???

Thanks

Gly
03-02-2008, 12:10 AM
www.kempys.co.nz

expect to pay an arm and a leg, and maybe a vital organ!

Nick Mann
03-02-2008, 12:17 AM
The transfer box is the same.

Have you got Amsoil in the 'box? And have you driven it "normally" for a few hundred miles since the battery has been out?

I would try both of those before giving it up as a lost cause?