PDA

View Full Version : why cant I change my avatar?

glover
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Tried to do it today, managed to lose my old one, and cant work out how to upload the new one?

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
you need to be a full member to use your own. the only ones you can use are the default ones

Nice But
01-02-2008, 06:17 PM
It's only 20 quid and the info it opens is well worth it without the Amsoil discounts......../rally

Go on you know you want too.......:thinking:

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
It's only 20 quid and the info it opens is well worth it without the Amsoil discounts......../rally

Go on you know you want too.......:thinking:he was a member

Wodjno
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
he was a member

Yup /yes

And thats the reason he lost his old AVATAR /pan

But he gained £20 :D

So lose that £20 and you can have your AVATAR back ;)

C'mon, you know you want to :scholar:

glover
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Tweny quid!.....................a year!.................I thought my tewnty quid made me a member for ever!.

Have I got to give my keyring back and remove the clubvr4 stickers from my car?

I didnt think mitsi prices translated to unofficial websites as well.

Unfortunately the £150 misi wants for a suspension arm means I will be avatar less for a whle then.

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Tweny quid!.....................a year!.................I thought my tewnty quid made me a member for ever!.
you are right. the £20.00 a year is just to keep us lot in beer

White Lightning
01-02-2008, 08:36 PM
£20 for a year's membership is a bargain .... look at all the information that you have access to .... plus you only have to make one large order with Amsoil (engine oil and gearbox oil for example) and you will get that money back!

Spirit
01-02-2008, 08:44 PM
And get discount with Sky insurance too !

Kieran
01-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Glover - If you believe that £20 is too much money, then you weren't using the club to it's fullest potential.

Oh Really, was there any need for that?! No./pan

Find me another club offering the same features, information and discounts for less cash.

WildCards
01-02-2008, 09:39 PM

Unfortunately the £150 misi wants for a suspension arm means I will be avatar less for a whle then.

What country are you living in dude. £20 buys bugger all these days, least of all useful information and pictures of the committee naked. I for one think membership is well worth the money.

ANTHONY
01-02-2008, 09:43 PM
and pictures of the committee naked. errr i'v paid and i aint seen that, what am i doing wrong?/Elmo

miller
01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Ive paid a lot more for sites ten times worse than here and been happy for the info received!

Its more of a family than a forum CVR4 is i think!!!!!

Mike

glover
01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Ok, Seemed to have touched a nerve. Please dont misunderstand me the club has been very useful to me over my time of mitsubishi ownership. but every forum (motorcycle, scooter or car) I have ever belonged to doesnt charge a membership fee. Some have very similar levels of expertise, discounts and information. (one i used to be a member of had the discount on sky insurance, one offers 10% off the price of new bikes) and all on the strength of foum membership.

This perhaps has coloured my view as I have never experienced having to pay for it before. These forums have been run as a collective of enthusiasts who have set these up to help out others.

I fully admit that the payment thing could be quite usual on web forums its just new to me.

I have contributed a lot of information to various forums over the years, including some info to this site that was put in the members section (not a great deal, just some info on paint codes i managed to find after some research). I wouldnt expect anyone to have to pay me to see this. I contributed it to help others out.

I dont know the running costs of the site, perhaps its very expensive. four other forums I use pay thier hosting fees etc through donation or the sale of merchandise. I have found that if people are genuinely helped by a site they have no problem in contributing. takes a bit of begging every year but its never failed yet and the site is never out of pocket.

perhaps im just too much of an old lefty, helping out your fellow man for free and all that.

apologies if ive offended anyone but as I said im just genuinely surprised at the £20 a year cost. But I am still extremely impressed with the level of knowledge and commitment of the members and thank them for thier excellent advice. If I come across any more info that could be of use to members I will post it up, even though if its moved to the members section again I wont be able to read it anymore.

Nick Mann
02-02-2008, 03:48 PM
To be fair to our fee - some do charge less, some charge a lot more. I personally think we are better value than many, maybe worse value than some.

The information in the members area is mostly available elsewhere too, and we are not a group of people who turn anyone away who is desperate for information.

The fact that we have several members on here who no longer have a VR4 also speaks volumes for the low cost and family atmosphere, IMO.

And, what is the cost, really? About 50 miles of VR4 motoring? Not much for a years membership.

Nutter_John
02-02-2008, 04:21 PM
just over 5p per day on average , now what else can you get for 5p a day

ANTHONY
02-02-2008, 05:19 PM
just over 5p per day on average , now what else can you get for 5p a day not even a crap in public toilet

MGV6
03-02-2008, 02:50 PM

Yes.

MGV6
03-02-2008, 02:54 PM
just over 5p per day on average , now what else can you get for 5p a day

http://brighton.gumtree.com/brighton/54/17926554.html

:2thumbsup

unclepete
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Surely you should highlight the fact that ClubVR4 is not a profit-making organisation or one, where salaries are paid? I'm happy, we get discounts on Amsoil, Camskill and Mytyres!!! Okay, I'm being a git with those last two but I can't wait to get a whole tenner off my next (MASSIVE) order with mytyres! Plus I get £20 back every order I make with Amsoil, as I spend so much on ATF, oil and filters. I pay £15 for Stirlingbikeclub and I don't get on amazingly with everyone in that but I get 15% off the local shop plus plus plus. It makes sense to me.

WildCards
05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
but every forum I have ever belonged to doesnt charge a membership fee

Naked pictures! Remember the naked pictures!