PDA

View Full Version : HKS SSQV dump valve

Nice But
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Is this the right dump valve to fit the VR4? had a look on the HKS site and it seems to be ok.

SSQV dump valve (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270208510382&fromMakeTrack=true)

If it is, it looks a good price.

White Lightning
01-02-2008, 07:48 PM
It's the right valve but in a universal kit. Therefore, it won't come with all the bits and bobs you need to fit it "straight on" to a VR-4. I am not sure what bits are required though as I have not got one myself.

Nice But
01-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Mmmm so by the time I've bought the bits it'll probably be more the normal price of 200+, in which case I may as well get a hybrid, so I can fart if I want to or be stealth if required.

Cheers WL. I've e mailed the seller so hopefully he'll tell me what else I would need. His boost controllers seem a fair price as well.

Must stop it....../pan

pitslayer
02-02-2008, 03:44 PM
i was reading something a min ago, and i think its only like 3 connections to a BOV, that is an awfully good price though, find out how much they cost. then find out if he will do discount on 2 of them if they are cheap enough

Nick Mann
02-02-2008, 04:00 PM
The BOV fit to the pipe that the standard BOV fits in. The return pipe for the re-circ needs blocking. The 'signal' pipe from the manifold is the same.

I'ts difficult to tell from the item description, but I think you might only need a blanking disc additional to what is being sold.

Nice But
02-02-2008, 04:18 PM
The guy has got back to me and you also need an adapter which he sells for 10 quid. Ordered one earlier...... £133 all in. I shall be farting soon. He's got 2 left.

Nick what did you block off your return pipe with?

Just thinking of using something solid with a jubilee clip on the hose.

Nice But
02-02-2008, 04:31 PM
i was reading something a min ago, and i think its only like 3 connections to a BOV, that is an awfully good price though, find out how much they cost. then find out if he will do discount on 2 of them if they are cheap enough

Pits, sorry Bud I had ordered one just after I put the post up. £133 all in including the adapter you need.

The guys called Rob this was his reply:

Hi Tim, yes you will definitely need an adapter. We are able to supply the adapter for 10 pounds including p&p. To purchase hit buy it now on this auction thereafter send 10 pounds to jdmtrade@hotmail.co.uk via paypal as payment for the adapter. Thanks Rob
- jdm-trade

i looked on Revolution 247 or something like that and they retailed at £200+ so it was no contest........Pssssssssst I shall be going:inquisiti

Nick Mann
02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I have a bit of machined aluminium. It could well be part of an HKS fitting kit. But yes, anything the right diameter and jubilee clipped in will do it!

patrickstarfish
04-02-2008, 02:29 PM
has anyone got any pictures of a bov fitted please im guna attempt to fit one soon cheers guys/rally

Nick Mann
04-02-2008, 02:31 PM
You already have one fitted - just swap it for the new one, and blank off the re-circ pipe if you aren't using it.

It is mounted under the front passenger side of the car.

Nice But
04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
has anyone got any pictures of a bov fitted please im guna attempt to fit one soon cheers guys/rally

Mine should be here in about a week so I'll slap a picture up when I've got it fitted. as Nick says though, remove the old, blank the recirc pipe, fit new. Then Phssst when you want too..../rally

patrickstarfish
23-02-2008, 05:25 PM
thanks nick wasnt sure about the return pipe gona give it a go

Turbo_Steve
23-02-2008, 09:23 PM
HKS ones are L O U D. IMO you might want to go for a set of silver fins to keep the noise sensible.

Nice But
14-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok an update....... the BOV took 4 weeks to get here, but here it is. Fitted it today, took about 20 mins when I'd found a bit of pipe 4mm. It is loud, but I like.

It also sits low down which isn't the best place for it but until the MAP 2 turns up and I need to ditch the MAF and pipes so a hard pipe reinvent will be needed.

I like....... the guy is helpful but the delivery can be slow as he uses a malasian drop shipper...... but a HKS dump valve for £133 to the door ain't bad.

Link for blanking plate (http://www.viper-performance.co.uk/productsearch.php?cat=9039&mat=118&diam=34.93%20mm) I've ordered some 4mm and 5mm hose off them as well.

Turbo_Steve
14-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Just FYI you can buy alternative fins for this to get different noises. I rapidly tired of my SQV with purple fins. Changed it for the Silver and it was a lot more subtle....much better.

Nice But
15-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks steve........ I still like my wheezing car ATM if I tire of it then I may change them.:happy: