PDA

View Full Version : Has my membership run out ?

Davezj
04-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Can't remeber how to sign up again.

no reminders sent. thought i would get a PM to remind me to renew my membership.

Nutter_John
04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
in a simpsons style laugh - ha ha :p

I'm sure it was an oversight by the poor under work management :D

Kieran
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry about that Dave - you should have had a reminder, not sure what happened there - Nevermind, here's the link you need:

http://www.clubvr4.com/index.php?page=joincvr4

Davezj
05-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks, another £20 very well spent

And so say all of us!!!!

caishanvr4
05-02-2008, 01:36 AM
And what if you dont have paypal?
Is there another way to pay.

Kieran
05-02-2008, 01:39 AM
And what if you dont have paypal?
Is there another way to pay.

Yep, you can fling a cheque to this address:

Club VR4
PO Box 108
Plymouth
PL7 2ZT

Please make payable to Club VR4, and maybe a quick note with your username and any changes to your address, just so we know who it's from.

:scholar:

caishanvr4
05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Yep, you can fling a cheque to this address:

Club VR4
PO Box 108
Plymouth
PL7 2ZT

Please make payable to Club VR4, and maybe a quick note with your username and any changes to your address, just so we know who it's from.

:scholar:

And if you don't have a cheque book :inquisiti
I'm not being difficult, just dont have the means your asking for atm but i have the wonga :pimp2:

The Vee
05-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Paul/ dave

Sorry about this, seems the auto system has correctly identified your renewals but not sent out advance warning. As you are both early in the the month for renewal, you both miss my post in members area and end of month PMs.
Paul, if you wish, youcan send me cash and I will paypal it for you. If that's OK ley me know and I'll PM my addy.

The Vee
05-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Just to reassure peeps, I'm working on another method to resolve this issue of memberships expiring without notice.

ANTHONY
05-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Just to reassure peeps, I'm working on another method to resolve this issue of memberships expiring without notice.could we not put the expiry date on the members profile then they can check their selfs

Spirit
05-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Just to expand on Andy's earlier post, it seems an email reminder is sent to people so it's wise to ensure your email address on here is up to date, and also check your spam settings to ensure emails from CVR4 are accepted.

Davezj
06-02-2008, 12:04 AM
I have just checked through all my recent email from the club some 30 emails in the last few days so i missed it in amongst the subscribed threads.

a pm a few days before subscription are due would be much better if it is possible.

but i am only being picky, i ask about the subscription, 2 second later i got a reply, paypaled the money and i was back up and running as a full member within 5 mins. Now that's what i call service. try and get BT or Bit Gas to do that. not a chance.

Spirit
06-02-2008, 12:20 AM
a pm a few days before subscription are due would be much better if it is possible.

It's not possible to do this automatically with this software, but we are looking into sending two email reminders - maybe 14 days and 3 days before expiry for example. The other issue with PM's of course is that the person would have to log in to see the reminder, whereas an email might be seen quicker.

Thanks for posting up you did receive the email, at least the system is working.

pitslayer
08-02-2008, 10:23 PM
i got a pm reminder, and email reminders. and i still dont know how to use paypal, and i lost my cheque book, so waiting for a new one to come. :(

The Vee
09-02-2008, 01:10 AM
i got a pm reminder, and email reminders. and i still dont know how to use paypal, and i lost my cheque book, so waiting for a new one to come. :(

And you replied to my post in members area!!! Had a hunch you'd be here soon/pan :d

pitslayer
10-02-2008, 12:27 AM
i havnt had the time, to sit down and figure this paypal melarky out, i despise this internet banking stuff. will sort it out this week, i forgot how much you gain with your membership. but not having membership has its gains, i can now read my PMs on my phone as there isnt a drop down box that doesnt work sometimes on fireforx or all the time on my phone, /lol
if a knew where my cheque book was i would write one out now, and have it sent off, but god knows where it is, i have got 6 paying in books though /lol

Spirit
10-02-2008, 12:40 AM
You don't even need a paypal account mate.....it should be easy !

Go to the join page, and begin the process.....starts with filling in your name and address etc. The second part is the payment section, so select paypal. This will take you to a paypal page.....on the left had side is a link to use if you don't have a paypal payment. From there you should be able to make a one off payment using a debit/credit card.

Hope this helps.

pitslayer
10-02-2008, 10:09 PM
o'rly....willl look now
by the way you might want to change this
We look forward to meeting you at some of the many events and meets that are arranged through the Club.

If you have any questions regarding the membership please visit our Club VR4 Membership Info/Queries Forum where we will be able to assist you with your queries.

If you are having issues with the Online Application Process please post in this thread
Alternatively contact BraindG here.

edit:i have a paypal account but dont know my password, and its insisting i use my account....cant recover it, because its got my old bank account details which i closed ages ago

bugger it wheres my cheque book

Spirit
10-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah it's on the list to be done

pitslayer
10-02-2008, 11:05 PM
cheque is far easier to do :)

bigsed
19-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Just to chip in I also have not had a reminder. I haven't been around much of late so I'v eonly just noticed. Just checked my memberhsip card and it expired 11/07 :(

Spirit
20-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Just to chip in I also have not had a reminder. I haven't been around much of late so I'v eonly just noticed. Just checked my memberhsip card and it expired 11/07 :(

We have proven the system seems to work fine, so you probably had an email back in November, but of course you may have missed it or it might have gone into your spam folder.

Also, Andy posted a list of people due to renew in November (as he does each month) in the members forum on the 31st October.