PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Squeak ?

2700gavin
05-02-2008, 07:53 PM
For the past couple of months I have been having a very annoying "squeaking/creaking" noise coming from the suspension at the front of my Galant Sport. The "squeak/creak" sounded like rubber rubbing on rubber, but further investigation has shown that it 's coming from the ball joint at the bottom of suspension arm. I have had fitted a grease nipple to pack some grease into it which cured the fault for about 3 days. Do you think that the next step would be to replace ? Has anybody else suffered from this and is it just wear that causes it ? Help would be appreciated.

2700gavin
05-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Sorry I think I have posted in the wrong section as have noticed that it shouldn't be in the pictures part.

psbarham
05-02-2008, 08:12 PM
do a search for bottom arms, i myself have fitted some grease nipples to my pattern arms to cure their crapyness, if you need new arms then go straight to mitsu, they may be twice the price but they are 5 times as good and last 5 times as long. in fact they last about 26 times as long, the first set that i fitted lasted 5000 miles, whereas the originals lasted 130000 miles.

Nick Mann
05-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Like the man above says!

And I have moved the thread to a better place for you.

One final piece of info - the bottom ball joint was a Mitsubishi Recall. I am pretty sure that if your car has not had the work done yet, then you could benefit from a free set from Mitsubishi UK. You will need to go to a dealer and ask them to find out. They can check on your chassis number, I think.

2700gavin
06-02-2008, 12:55 PM
I have phoned Mitsy UK this morning and there is nothing outstanding from a product recall, but thanks for the tip.