PDA

View Full Version : Clean An Shiney

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 09:56 PM
just thought i'd show of my freshlly polished motor :cool1: .
i took these today straight after polishing it on the bank's of the very famous river clyde :sunny:

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 09:58 PM
and here's on of my painted clock surround

Spirit
08-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Very small mate - cant you host them bigger elsewhere and link to them ?

SGHOM
08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Scottish "kieran" Ian !!! :-D :-D you 2 would make lovely couple !!
looks good though mate , I'm waiting 'til spring before mine gets hosed down. :$
Although, got to admit, I went to the petrol station last week,where they do a hand wash for a fiver. & a damned fine job they did too !!
tar removal, hot wash, fullsoaped, & then 4 of them set about sponging it all over, another hot rinse, then a full shammy !!!
I thought that was it, but then they opened the doors & started doing the windows inside !!! & the inner sills & even gave the dash a wipe over !!
bless em !! :D :D

Kieran
08-02-2004, 10:09 PM
....I'm waiting 'til spring before mine gets hosed down...

:noshake: :stare: :thumbsdow :furious3: :wall:

SGHOM
08-02-2004, 10:14 PM
:noshake: :stare: :thumbsdow :furious3: :wall:
what have I said now ???
Isn't nature good enough for our cars ?? let the winter rains keep the dust from settling on it, & then, come spring, give it a good hose down, & a wipe over with a shammy !! :-D It'll look sparkling !!

Kieran
08-02-2004, 10:33 PM
what have I said now ???
Isn't nature good enough for our cars ?? let the winter rains keep the dust from settling on it, & then, come spring, give it a good hose down, & a wipe over with a shammy !! :-D It'll look sparkling !!

:wtf: :io: :scelp: :Scream1: :gun2: :furious3: :wall:

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
if you want to see the pic's BIGGER then go to my domain

(UPDATE=bigger pic's have been added further down the forum)

www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500686
i probably am like kieran in the way that i like my car very clean as often as possable,
i wash it every night once it is parked up and do the inside every weekend try and polish it at least twice a month i also take the wheel's of once a month to wash the wheel-well's and put a coat of polish on the wheel's.
i used to enter some of my previous car's for competition's and my first job was panel beating so between these i have learnt a lot about apperance.
( :| what you laghin at woman!!)

Kieran
08-02-2004, 10:57 PM
Just had a look at the Car Domain page Ian.....

:smitten: Wow! Verrrry Nice!

i wash it every night once it is parked up and do the inside every weekend try and polish it at least twice a month i also take the wheel's of once a month to wash the wheel-well's and put a coat of polish on the wheel's.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

You see, this is the difference between a VR-4 owner and a GLS owner! We know how to take care of our motors, and treat them right! :p :-D

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 11:02 PM
:adore: IT'S ALL ABOUT PRESENTATION :arse:
i,m not sad or anything i just like a clean car alway's have-alway's will.......

enigma
08-02-2004, 11:02 PM
i wash it every night and try and polish it at least twice a month

hmmmm nuff said!!!! :-D

Brind
08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm afraid I'm just like Derek when it comes to cleaning the car, every time it rains it's a job less I have to do. :)

PS, Hamilton is the better colour Ian. :D

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 11:08 PM
:noshake: seattle silver is far better and rarer as it has a peril effect it change's in different light with shade's of silver,bronze an gold :smoking:you can see the change in colour on the fourth page of my domain page's :wiggle:

Spirit
08-02-2004, 11:20 PM
You see, this is the difference between a VR-4 owner and a GLS owner! We know how to take care of our motors, and treat them right! :p :-D

Thats a bit of a slur on us VR4 owners ain't it ? :noshake: :furious3:

Could it be we are out in our cars actually having fun instead of just standing there washing them :-D

Brind
08-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Hamilton is rarer as they are only on Evo's and VR4's ;) :-D

Pete, that's harsh, funny and true. :D

SGHOM
08-02-2004, 11:25 PM
I think the basic problem is, that If you cant make it go fast, just make it look nice !!! :-D :-D

Dmac1969
08-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Ian
Great pics , personally i like your boot mod best , ive never seen that done before and it looks well smart!

PS Ive got some piccies of my car online ,although its not in the same class as ians car!!... just click on this link http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287754401

Cheers

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Could it be we are out in our cars actually having fun instead of just standing there washing them :-D
:noshake: sorry kieran i can't speak for you,
but i find i can have fun with the best of them!! it aint alway's about the power you have it's about how you use it and i can surprise a lot of folk..

:evil2: couse you see i'm a bit
MMMMMMAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!! :mad: in my clean car.

Big Ian
08-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Hamilton is rarer as they are only on Evo's and VR4's ;) :-D
:D
let's face it any colour of any GALANT, VR4, or LAGNUM is rare as the car's them selve's are few an far between. :headsc:

Brind
08-02-2004, 11:38 PM
True.. :D

Kieran
08-02-2004, 11:43 PM
i find i can have fun with the best of them!! it aint alway's about the power you have it's about how you use it and i can surprise a lot of folk...

Yep! The "Engage GLS Power" button at the bottom of the accelerator pedal is lots of fun when used judiciously :devil5: !!!

RAVEN
09-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I've washed my car three times so far this month, and by the time I get back from work ... what do you know? My front wheels have sprayed up all muck again all over the sides of my car! :huh:

Think some mudflaps are in order for the front I think. :baby:

Big Ian
10-02-2004, 01:59 AM
i got home from work at 23:00hrs and it was flek'n rainin :stunned: !! but still i had to do it as the road's are a-wash of salt N grit :veryangry

colVR4
10-02-2004, 11:33 AM
I just run mine thru one of those ARC jobbies every now and again, plus a hand wash when the weathers nice on a Sunday and the missus is playing up so I get out of the house. That's alright init?

..I think I can hear Kieran's angry typing again..... :uhoh2:

Kieran
10-02-2004, 11:47 AM
I just run mine thru one of those ARC jobbies every now and again....
:stare: :thumbsdow :stop:

..I think I can hear Kieran's angry typing again..... :uhoh2:

Scottish Ian aside, I've never know such a bunch of car washing infidels!!! :furious3: :wtf: :rolleyes5 Gaaaaah!!!! :furious3: :wall:

Big Ian
10-02-2004, 05:10 PM
:uhoh2: i don't beleve it i ve only went one and a half miles to work got out my car in the car park :scared1: it's dirty again :grrr: look's like i'll be washing again tonight after work :wiggle: can't wait :thumb1:

Nick VR4
10-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Just took mine up the local jet wash place
It was dirty had salt ,mud ,muck. seagulls $hit :eek:
Only problem was the rotary one was being fixed so had to use the other one
Dragging a hose with a high power jet wash on it and using the Brush all round the car has not helped my bruised ribs
Well the car is clean anyway :D

enigma
10-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Nick.....take it to Warton....they will clean and shine for £4.50! ;)

Nick VR4
10-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Nick.....take it to Warton....they will clean and shine for £4.50! ;)
Cheers BDA :D
Just found out from the Mrs that a place about 10 mins drive in Fleetwood Jet washes , Sponges etc and Wax , plus dries it for £5.50
Derr thicko me should have phoned her and asked I guess :p :-D

Brind
10-02-2004, 10:32 PM
I don't have a garage unfortunately and even then I wouldn't be able to house all three of 'em.
So the driveway it is I'm afraid. I'm only really concerned with the underside at the moment anyway because of all the salt on the road of late, washing it for the sake of making it 'look nice' is a waste of time this time of year, and besides! it's a VR-4 it can run in a rally and still look the dogs b0ll0cks!

Anyway... that coat of wax and that glossy stuff should last all year! shouldn't it? :$

wirdy
10-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm afraid I'm in the minority here too.........I'm with Ian & Kieran....

A clean Galant is a happy Galant, they've got feelings didn't you know :smitten:
If you don't clean them properly, don't fettle them mechanically and don't spend money on them in some way then they get upset and go wrong.

A couple of years ago I convinced my missus that we needed 4 x 500w security floods installed along the side of the house. Of course she sussed my cunning plan when I began to washing the car after work in 'near daylight' :-D

Big Ian
10-02-2004, 11:29 PM
:boing4: 15 min's to go then home time for a good wash of me-motor! :boing4:

Big Ian
27-02-2004, 04:52 PM
:-b auto glym'd everywhere today, 6hrs work :smug:
1/washed,dry'd
2/tar remover,(which i leave on and remove with polish) really needed it done
3/polished
4/coat of high gloss finishing polish (smell's lovely)
5/alloy wheel cleaner
6/(alloys)tar removed,wheel's wax'd
7/tyre's gloss'd
8/window's in+out
9/all door shut's,underside of bonnet,inner wing's all polish'd
10/hoover'd+polish'd inside+boot
:thumbsup: all auto glym products :adore:

tomorrow if it's dry==wheel's off,re paint brake's (copper this time). :wiggle:

lorriman
27-02-2004, 06:19 PM
I saw a link elsewhere about painting the brakes, but does this work with the bog standard ones on an ordinary Galant? They look rusty in parts and some nice gold or red gloss would look fantastic.

If you can use paint, which stuff would you recommend?

Thanks

Big Ian
27-02-2004, 07:08 PM
check my domain page and you will see a :scared1: BOG STANDARD rusty galant with painted brake caliper's
www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500686

lorriman
01-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Scottish Ian

They certainly look great! Red is definitely the colour.

What paint did you use and did you have to dismantle the whole assembly to do what you did?

Thanks

Big Ian
01-03-2004, 10:36 PM
the paint i alway's use for my brake's is from homebase it's heat resistant never fade's and never chip's eeeeeehhhhhhhhhh!! sh!2e forgot the name of it... :headsc: it's in a small glass jar..and you get lot's of diff-colours.also i just painted them still on the car..fek witt's it called?? :headsc: i'll have to get back to you with the name.it's under £5 a jar and ive found it last's longer than the more expensive brake paint youd buy from a car shop.

KiwiTT
01-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Thats a bit of a slur on us VR4 owners ain't it ? :noshake: :furious3:

I agree, plus .... at speed :evil2:

lorriman
03-03-2004, 09:10 AM
the paint i alway's use for my brake's is from homebase it's heat resistant never fade's and never chip's eeeeeehhhhhhhhhh!! sh!2e forgot the name of it... :headsc: it's in a small glass jar..and you get lot's of diff-colours.also i just painted them still on the car..fek witt's it called?? :headsc: i'll have to get back to you with the name.it's under £5 a jar and ive found it last's longer than the more expensive brake paint youd buy from a car shop.

Scottish Ian

Thanks a lot. I'll have a root through Homebase now I know the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Cheers