PDA

View Full Version : Xf

psbarham
09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
i am officially in love with this car, it looks stunning, i saw one in the flesh yesterday for the first time, and what can i say, apart from wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drool,drool (http://www.jaguar.co.uk/uk/en/xf/highlights/highlights/introduction.htm)

Ryan
09-02-2008, 10:30 AM
Hmmm, not really for me.

bernmc
09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah - followed one for a while on my way back from the cotswolds yesterday morning. They do look nice. Like the rear LEDs too - very smart in the wee hours of the morning :)

Ingletor - you South African peasants clearl have no taste ;)

DickBarton
09-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Side on with a quick glance and it looks like the new Mondeo - no real surprise as it is Ford that builds them both...front end looks reminiscent of a Hyundia Sonata (I think that is the name of it). In the Gallery shots, the top right one reminds me of the back end of a 407.

Overall - I don't think it is much of a car in it's own right, looks too similar to too many other cars so it doesn't get my vote...but I reckon it will be a good drive...just not one that would get me wanting to have a shot of it...

Kieran
09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
The bum is gorgeous - it's got overtones of Aston Martin about it.

The front however looks like a Korean-Spec Hyundai or Kia - That grille is terrible!!

pitslayer
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
back looks ok, the front does nothing for me. the concept looked stunning, now it just looks crap,, and it hasnt got a J after the X

bradc
09-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I quite like it overall, much better looking than that ugly new xk, I can't see how anyone could find the headlights and taillights on the xk good looking

KiwiTT
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Looks like the S-Type may be going for a "song" soon. Lot's of people will fall for the XF

Remember the XF is using a modified chassis of the S-Type.

Hmmm .... Is the S-Type R worth considering on the second-hand market in a year or too ?

The supercharged S-Type R joined the lineup in 2003. The "R" is powered by a supercharged V8 producing 390 hp (291 kW), and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 5.3 s (0 to 100 km/h in 5.6 s). It includes 18 in (457 mm) alloy wheels, wire-mesh grille and dramatic monochromatic paint. The "R" also has a sportier rear apron, side-skirts, and front apron with built-in fog-lamps, a rear spoiler, a brace located near the rear subframe, and "R" badging on the boot lid and both front wings.

Nah ... Almost. I stick with my VR-4. It is almost as quick. :D

bradc
09-02-2008, 08:21 PM
the S and X types are too bloody ugly!

KiwiTT
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
the S and X types are too bloody ugly!Hmmm ... I beg to differ.

The S-Type just shows class. However, I have always liked the original Mark II and I saw the S-Type as a re-invention of it.

bradc
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
The Mark II is beautiful, but the S-Type isn't!

I dislike the curvy boot that just goes down too far, and the entire front end is terribly ugly in the S-Type. OK back in the early 60's, but not any more

bernmc
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Never liked the S either... and nor did most of the buying public (unless they owned dentures). Never been able to think of the X as a 'proper' jag.

Loved the looks of my old 96 XJR though

Turbo_Steve
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Sexy body, ugly face. I'd rather spend the cash on tuning the VR-4 to the same performance.

pitslayer
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
X type is not a jag, its a mondeo, it doesnt deserve to have the jaguar badge on it, its the bmw 3 series of jaguars, a good car, but every one has one.
S type- its just ugly

if your going to buy a jag, buy a proper one, XJ series, preferably the 4 litre V8 supercharged XJR. i cant say i like the new or old XK for that matter, if i were buying an XK, there would be this nagging thought in the back of my mind, going "for a few quid more, i could have and aston"

Kieran
09-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Hmmm.

One of the management peeps bought an X-Type V6 and spent the next two years camping in his jag dealership.

I like the XJ, very ministerial. I would roll with an S-Type though....I think they look okay and the fact that nearly everyone hates them means they're reasonably cheap.

SGHOM
09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
S type..X type.. they are just mondeo's in a party dress. outdated design & outdated technology. /pan

Kieran
09-02-2008, 11:34 PM
The S-type isn't Mondeo based is it?

Johnny_Cashed
09-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I would roll with an S-Type though.....

[switches to ghetto speak] Innit? [/switches to ghetto speak]

Rossco Type-S
09-02-2008, 11:45 PM

Nope. The X Type is. Think the S-Type is more Model T.

Kieran
10-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Nope. The X Type is. Think the S-Type is more Model T.

/lol /pan

Rossco Type-S
10-02-2008, 01:57 AM

It's actually a Lincoln...so not a good place to start

Ryan
10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Ingletor - you South African peasants clearl have no taste ;)

Ermm, taste? This bug-eyed adulterated example is hardly something I'd expect to see any self-respecting member of the ruling class driving. The thing that absolutely ruins it (apart from the hideous front) is the rear - that gaudy silver strip of foil emblazoned with "J A G U A R" is awful. Where is the rest of the rear lights clusters?

I've ever really been a huge fan of the marque - especially not since Ford have had their grubby (peasant) mitts on it :) This example just looks cheap and nasty I'm afraid.

Pete M
12-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Well I think the XF looks very nice. I was never a fan of the (new) S-Type, and the X-Type had too many layers stacked on each other. As for them being Mondeo or Lincoln, Jaguar started out in the beginning by using other companies' chassis and engines and creating something much more special out of them. Why re-invent the wheel when you can improve the car and make it something special. I certainly haven't driven a Mondeo back to back with an X-type, but those who have say the X-type is very different.

My Jaguar is the last of the original XJ series, and I think it's one of the best looking Jaguars ever. It's the only one in NZ, I think, as it's the highest trim spec (Vanden Plas), the biggest engine (5.3) and Jaguar, not Daimler (very rare).

Ryan
12-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Now *that* looks like a Jaguar to me. Very nice example indeed.

Little Miss Road Rage
12-02-2008, 06:47 AM
The only good thing about the xf is the track they use for the advert

R.

pitslayer
12-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Well I think the XF looks very nice. I was never a fan of the (new) S-Type, and the X-Type had too many layers stacked on each other. As for them being Mondeo or Lincoln, Jaguar started out in the beginning by using other companies' chassis and engines and creating something much more special out of them. Why re-invent the wheel when you can improve the car and make it something special. I certainly haven't driven a Mondeo back to back with an X-type, but those who have say the X-type is very different.

My Jaguar is the last of the original XJ series, and I think it's one of the best looking Jaguars ever. It's the only one in NZ, I think, as it's the highest trim spec (Vanden Plas), the biggest engine (5.3) and Jaguar, not Daimler (very rare).
we had one of them, was the 4 litre, when you looked behind the prestige car, you soon realise how poorly built and unreliable they were. still awesome cars and that straight 6 makes a hell of a lovely noise. however yours is a very fine example, these sportier jags are getting harder and harder to get hold of, i was tralling piston heads for a 4litre TWR x300 like we have already, couldnt find one, as we are selling ours, wanted a quick price guide.
i would rather roll an XK8 than the X, S and XF

Spirit
18-03-2008, 09:10 PM
They had the XF on Fifth Gear last night.....got a big thumbs up, especially the interior.

Would certainly be near the top of my car list if I was getting a company car right now.

Oh, and for the record, as a former owner of an X-Type 3.0 V6......it was f*cking lovely to drive and I regret the day I sold it..............so there :happy:

The Vee
18-03-2008, 09:30 PM
;) Hmmmm

Spirit
18-03-2008, 09:38 PM
What's that then Andy ?

....a Jaguar bus ?
....an X Type bus ?
....an XF bus ?

The Vee
18-03-2008, 09:50 PM
errrr Pete, Something you want to talk about??? It is indeed an XF bus. Classified XF by London Transport in 1963 (Xperimental Fleetline, the chassis made by Daimler. But of course you knew that and I'm sure Kieren will be along soon to add some more:inquisiti :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

/What? Fuse? nah not me

Spirit
18-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Nothing to say here, move along please

The Vee
18-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Nothing to say here, move along please

ding ding

Kieran
18-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Bah.... Bet that XF doesn't HOWL like the leyland 510 series...

:coat

The Vee
18-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Bah.... Bet that XF doesn't HOWL like the leyland 510 series...

:coat

LOL I rest my case m'lord:scholar: