PDA

View Full Version : First immpressions of a reasonable 200 mile trip..

Nice But
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Today I had to deliver the spare RX8 wheels I had and the Borla zorst my 8 used to sport, to Manchester...... fitted perfectly in the leggy:happy:

Fi decided as we were so close to Chester we NEEDED to go shopping /pan female logic....:inquisiti so off down the A556 we trot to said shopping village (more like town) at Ellesmere..... deep joy. But it did mean that we had to come back....... via country roads.........Yay.

This is the 1st time I've really had the opportunity to progress at a reasonable rate on some interesting roads. I can't remember the full directions but Fi is very good at finding direct routes on yellow grade roads. The Leggy don't half grip doesn't it..../haz The moonroof was open, the sound of a wailing V6 at full chat in tiptronic mode, the grippy tyres and fantastic lanes.......... heaven. Shame about my wobbly brakes :o the odd emotional moment.....

So to sum up 200 miles 1 tank of juice and a bit, a grin from ear to ear.... what a car! Mitsi have made a cracker. An RX8 it isn't, and I am not comparing the cars, but the VR feels so planted, the power delivery is silky smooth, when the 40mph sunshine driver gets in your way, plant the pedal listen to the roar and the whine as it all spools up............ Nirvana.

And if I am adding to global warming...... after todays weather - Bring it on....

Now when is my dump valve going to arrive/Banana

Nick Mann
09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Heh! Fun mile chomping is firmly in VR4 territory.

Glad you are happy!

Nice But
09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Nick, happy ain't the word........ I love it...... It's big, it's none too pretty...... it frightens small animals/children.... perfect.

Booking in for my new custom 2.5" zorst from MIJ Performance on the 29th so should by the meet have:

HKS dump valve - on it's way
Evo 9 alloys - collect monday
Big Zorst and symphony from - 29th feb
Brakes that work properly - when I get back from my yachtmaster practical exam.

Then after that lot it will be boost control. Major brain picking required on the meet.

bradc
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Back country roads is the most fun you can have in a VR-4. It does help when you have good brakes though