PDA

View Full Version : GlS+power!

Big Ian
10-02-2004, 02:34 AM
i had a bit of fun today with a local guy and his mint 3door cossie.his cosworth has been in a few mag's over the year's and it once claimed to be the fastest in the country 170mph+,any way one thing led to another and when we pulled over he asked what i'd done to my car's performance?.he recon's he could not shake me off till we where doing over 125mph :stunned: and when he slowed down to 130mph i caught him again i have to admit i thought my speedo was out of zink but he say's that was the true speed as his speedo is calabrated (it also has 2 speedo clock's?).he also admitted to not going to fast as he wanted to see how fast i was willing to go..
:D :D "how chuffed do i feel" :D :D
:-b ive asked if i can take a few pic's to show you guy's how amazing his car look's :-b it's got to be seen,diamond black,17'z, he's owned sinse new(1986) and has spent over £40.000 on engine's alone!! he has down tuned it for now and can only top 155mph?
:boing3: I30mph FROM A GLS!!!!!! :headsc:

Brind
10-02-2004, 04:12 AM
Probably not far wrong, 2.0 GLS manual = 131mph and an automatic = 124mph.

As for acceleration, I'd be pretty pi**ed even to own a standard Cossie to have a 9 and half second car on my arse.

ritch_w
10-02-2004, 05:58 AM
nice one ian GLS power strikes again :-D

ive manage 130 on my private driveway :D and crapped out of doing more incase i was red flagged

Spirit
10-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Nice one mate - one chuffty badge in the post ;) :-D

Big Ian
10-02-2004, 09:35 AM
As for acceleration, I'd be pretty pi**ed even to own a standard Cossie to have a 9 and half second car on my arse.

i think what made me keep up with him is that he let me catch him and he was just keeping his speed steady to egg me on more,i raced him year's ago in my 225bhp orion turbo and he totaly blew me of the road i was doing 140+ and he passed me like i was stopped! ive also had the plesure of being in his cossie and it was awesome he took it to 160 before we ran out of road..