PDA

View Full Version : The 'For Sale' forum returns!!

Kieran
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
As mentioned in the Committee AGM, the ClubVR-4 classifieds system is being withdrawn in the near future. With immediate effect, no new adverts can be posted to the classifeds, though the existing adverts will remain for some time to allow people to sell their products.

By popular demand, the original UK 'For Sale/Wanted' forum has been reinstated to full service to replace the classifieds.

This forum works the same as before. If you never used it before it was originally removed, it works just like the other forums. You simply post a thread advertising and/or requesting items - no complicated hoops to jump through.

There are a couple of 'ground rules' that should be observed:

Try to avoid posting unnecessarily on for sale threads unless you're interested in the product or have a query directly related to it. There's plenty of other forums if you wish to chatter!

Traders are not allowed to post adverts for their products and/or services, etc. without express permission of the ClubVR-4 Committee. We thank you for your understanding regarding this.

The CVR4 Committee

ANTHONY
11-02-2008, 10:25 PM
sounds fair to me ...sorry was that posting unnecessarily

Kieran
11-02-2008, 10:27 PM

Tony......... :coat

pitslayer
13-02-2008, 01:35 AM
i would say it is yes

Davezj
17-02-2008, 10:55 AM
are you not going to get rid of all the previous for sale wanted stuff and start with a clean sheet, as i just searched for stuff and it is pulling threads from ages ago, one would presume these theads are all dead now.
wouldn't one.
"one" where did that come from, i am morphing in to the queen help me i am melting.
Yes the last bit was unecessary kieran, SORRY!!!

EDIT:-
kieran can you mention that there needs to be a "wanted" (WNT, WTD, whatever), or "for sale" (FS) at the start of the posts as people are not doing it alredy. and it cuts down searching time if you can do a FS and wheel search, if you catch my drift.

aside, could there be a parts for sale subsection as well as Parts wated subsection. same for cars, wanted, for sale.

just a thought

Nick Mann
17-02-2008, 11:39 AM
We have "cars for sale" and "parts for sale" and a general "for sale/wanted".

I guess the old stuff is all out of date, but most people are capable of checking dates on threads! :P

If it isn't obvious, then maybe it needs re-structuring somehow?

Kieran
17-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I guess I could move the old threads out of the forum and hide them? Any objections?

Nick Mann
17-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Nope.

Looking at it, K, the titling of the forums is not too clever either. What's the difference between For Sale/Wanted and Parts For Sale?

Kieran
17-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Yeah, good point, I can tweak that too. I'll tackle it later, right now I have a coupe that's pacing up and down my garage and wimpering at the door....:inquisiti

DickBarton
17-02-2008, 11:57 PM
Don't clean it just yet - I need to find some specs!!!

DickBarton
18-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Darn...I cannae find it...oh well, will make do with what I know!

glover
23-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Wooohoooo.....

Cheers guys, I couldnt get on with the classifieds thing at all.

KHK
21-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Kieran, thank you for your PM