PDA

View Full Version : Greddy e-manage

stonegr
10-02-2004, 11:07 AM
This is the managment which replace the dastec Unichip. It can remove the Fuel cut easier and it can controls directly the injectors. Dastec just cheats the AFM.(i had dastec over 10 months) I run now 1,3bar and the car really kills.

Kieran
10-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Ohhhhh!!! Sod the unichip, You've got an MMCS too! Want to sell it?? :-D

enigma
02-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Did you set it up yourself? If not how much was it to set up???

stonegr
02-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Did you set it up yourself? If not how much was it to set up???

Myself ?? nooo You need an expert to set it up.
It cost 550 GBM with harnes, map sensor, fiting, and adjustment :D

Bagofsand
02-03-2004, 06:52 PM
what output do you get with this mod?

Mante
04-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Your running 1.3bar on stock internals?

At the shop that did the work did they also dyno the car to show any improvements?

Details

Details :)

stonegr
05-03-2004, 10:47 PM
what output do you get with this mod?

Check here http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals/emanage_software_manual/004.JPG

VR4 it is listed on E-manage package :)
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/photos/emanage_photos/e-manage_engines.JPG

Anyway you can find more info for e-mage here
http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/#Manuals%20&%20Installation:

And i found this for the Greddy PRofec e-01 boost controler:
Attention eManage users! The e-01 has the ability to program every available option in the eManage. It can be used to completely replace the eManage support software package, and also includes a pressure sensor that can act as the eManage's pressure sensor. Between these two features you've already saved $233! This unit is an excellent addition to the eManage for those who need a boost controller anyway or don't want to use a laptop for programming.

see here http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/greddy_profec_e_01.html

I hope that helps :cool1:

Andre
07-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Since u put in the e-manage system what improvments to the car's performance has it made (DETAILS PLEASE)

Mante
08-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Since u put in the e-manage system what improvments to the car's performance has it made (DETAILS PLEASE)

he gave details of a website itself instead of details of the gains of a dyno....lets see how long that takes...

-LegnumVR4-
12-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Myself ?? nooo You need an expert to set it up.
It cost 550 GBM with harnes, map sensor, fiting, and adjustment :D

So whats needed for the install?

E-Manage unit.
Harnes (is that to hook up to the factory ECU so there is no cutting?).
Map sensor.

Then just labour to set it up?

enigma
12-03-2004, 11:09 AM
From what I see you need the unit itself for a basic install. For a more programmable install you need the injector and ignition harnesses to allow you to trim lots of load points (256?) Also to program it you need the software and a cable. I dont think it is a hard job as long as you have some idea of the implications of your tuning actions! I am sure you will get very good results getting it done by a pro, but my philosophy is that you dont learn that way!

simpsonm
12-03-2004, 02:42 PM
You are correct in you statement dave however it could be an expensive experiment if your selections go wrong!!

stonegr
12-03-2004, 07:59 PM
he gave details of a website itself instead of details of the gains of a dyno....lets see how long that takes...

Sorry but there 's not any 4wd dyno in Cyprus :(
In fact it is only one but i heard that it is not well set-up :shifty:

enigma
12-03-2004, 08:00 PM
How was it set up then?????

stonegr
12-03-2004, 08:13 PM
How was it set up then?????

On road with an extra "lamda sensor'' conected in my exaust so the tuner was checking the mixture in all range of rpm. Also he was checking the knock sensors (2 i think) all the time to avoid detonation.
(sorry for my english) :|
Pictures coming soon, (Saturday night i hope)

stonegr
17-03-2004, 07:44 PM
the pics

-LegnumVR4-
13-07-2004, 08:51 PM
This is the managment which replace the dastec Unichip. It can remove the Fuel cut easier and it can controls directly the injectors. Dastec just cheats the AFM.(i had dastec over 10 months) I run now 1,3bar and the car really kills.

When u say the car realy kills can u give me a 1/4 mile time after the E-Manage was installed.

Cheers,

Rhys

stonegr
13-07-2004, 09:54 PM
When u say the car realy kills can u give me a 1/4 mile time after the E-Manage was installed.

Cheers,

Rhys

0-400=13,06 sec
0-100km = 5,1 sec

(Apex-i REV/SPEED Meter)

enigma
13-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Do you have any real figures? Rather than those from the RSM?

The reason I ask is obviously the RSM will not be deadly accurate.

stonegr
13-07-2004, 10:02 PM

Just RSM :sad3:

-LegnumVR4-
14-07-2004, 05:34 AM

How much of a difference did u find between the RSM and the drag strip times Dave?

Anyway the reprograming which the E-Manage has done has helped. Nice times Stonger :-b

zentac
14-07-2004, 08:13 AM
If your going to try and set it up yourself you would need a wide band lambda sensor and something that can read it.

enigma
14-07-2004, 08:16 AM
I have just bought a wideband O2 sensor, just need something to connect it to now! :$

stonegr
26-07-2004, 12:14 PM
How much of a difference did u find between the RSM and the drag strip times Dave?

enigma
26-07-2004, 12:44 PM
In the heat of the moment I have never got round to setting the RSM to time official 1/4 miles........bit like forgetting to turn your nitrous bottle on :lipsrseal

valmes
23-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Dave, did you install the e-manage? What differences has it made?

Thinking between S-AFCII or e-manage...

Another question - what do you set your HKS FCD to? Do you still get fuel cut? At what boost apprx?

zentac
23-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Go for e-manage rather than Apexi. Ive gone Apexi and wish I hadn`t its just not programable enough. As for the FCD weve both got it set to 12 which means you still get fuel cut from time to time but running at 0.9bar seems ok.

valmes
23-09-2004, 10:01 AM
The problem with FCD is that, no matter what I set it to, I get fuel cut at wide open throtle from low RPMs(lets say from 3000) at about 1 bar of boost. Tried settings from 3 to 12. Accorrding to information found from different sources, fuel cut could be completly removed even at lower settings. Will try putting it to 1.
Hell, I dont know why am I installing it? I have already replaced one engine...! :)

Will check if its connected right.

Is there any other "play it safe feature" that cuts fuel? Maybe knock sensor?

pjjohnson
23-09-2004, 10:37 AM
There is something weird about fuel cut with our cars.

I have told this story before but I'll do it again.

I ran high boost (1.1 and 1.2 ) without any fuel cut problems for some months. The boost was controlled by an HKS EVC IV unit - something that has worked very well for me.

Then an 'expert' company suggested that I needed to change the boost cut limit, and suggested an HKS FCD. It was fitted and hey presto I started getting fuel cut.

I haven't got an FCD any more and I don't get fuel cut.

I don't know why I only got it with the FCD fitted, or why other people have so many problems with it.

Maybe using the HKS EVC to raise boost is the reason.

Does anybody out there running high boost without fuel cut know why they don't get it ?

enigma
23-09-2004, 11:14 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuel cut is not really dependant on boost. Fuel cut occurs when more than a specified mass of air passes through the MAF, NOT when you reach a certain boost limit. On a cold day air is dense and fuel cut may occur at 0.7 bar, on a hot day the air is much less dense and you may get fuel cut at 1.2 bar.......effectively this is the same mass of air flowing through your engine.

stonegr
23-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, fuel cut is not really dependant on boost. Fuel cut occurs when more than a specified mass of air passes through the MAF, NOT when you reach a certain boost limit. On a cold day air is dense and fuel cut may occur at 0.7 bar, on a hot day the air is much less dense and you may get fuel cut at 1.2 bar.......effectively this is the same mass of air flowing through your engine.

Absolutely right Mr Dave.

If you install E-manage you will not need the HKS FCD because the e-manage can change the pulses.

I ran 1,2 bar boost and have no problem almost 1 year now.

The problem with FCD is that, no matter what I set it to, I get fuel cut at wide open throtle from low RPMs(lets say from 3000) at about 1 bar of boost. Tried settings from 3 to 12. Accorrding to information found from different sources, fuel cut could be completly removed even at lower settings. Will try putting it to 1.
Hell, I dont know why am I installing it? I have already replaced one engine...!

Will check if its connected right.

Is there any other "play it safe feature" that cuts fuel? Maybe knock sensor?.

FCD does not help. I try it before e-manage and had the same results.
Install e-manage and forget the boost cut :)

pjjohnson
23-09-2004, 12:58 PM
So why do some cars get fuel cut and some don't ?

valmes
23-09-2004, 02:38 PM

Thats right.
There is no such thing as "boost" as far as our cars ECU are concerned.
But HKS FCD K3 is supposed to do just that - change the voltage signal from Mass Air Flow Sensor to ECU, thus lowering or completely eliminating fuel cut. For some reasons it doesnt do it..

Has any one out here succecefully used FCD to eliminate Fuel Cut?

enigma
23-09-2004, 02:56 PM
My FCD does something! The limit seems to have been raised and I haven't had fuel cut for months.......even on the track!

pjjohnson
23-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah, weird isn't it.

No-one seems to know.

Spirit
24-09-2004, 12:01 AM
I have run boost of 1.0bar for months now too and have never experienced fuel cut (and thats no FCD fitted).

Kieran
24-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Both my GLS and Hordak have been running no boost at all, and i've not had fuel cut in either car! :-D This fuel cut problem is weird! :$

enigma
24-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I have run boost of 1.0bar for months now too and have never experienced fuel cut (and thats no FCD fitted).

Wait 'til winter :dozey:

pjjohnson
24-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Winter makes no difference to me.

zentac
24-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I run 0.9 bar, if I up it I hit fuel cut with the FCD set to maximum

enigma
24-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Intake dynamics make a big difference as well, Rhys has posted before about it. The sensor in the MAF is towards the top, if you have an intake that swirls the air then it can only measure what is passing it. If the distribution of air is not even across the intake cross section then the amount of air metered will be incorrect. Thus if you are not hitting fuel cut it could be that the majority of your airflow is at the bottom of your MAF and not being metered, this will lead to slightly lean running and melted pistons........eh Pete :lipsrseal If the majority of air is passing through the top of your MAF you will end up with a rich condition and poor fuel economy. :rolleyes5

What you want is perfect distribution of air through the MAF cross section for the ECU to correctly meter fuel and give you fuel cut when appropriate.

Now there is another factor, run a HKS filter? Then you are drawing warm not very dense air through the MAF which means you can run high boost but actually not be putting much air through!

Exhausts? If you can get the exhaust to breathe better then you will also be able to get more air in.............again affecting fuel cut

How about turbo and intercooler efficiency? Low efficiency = high temperatures = high pressures BUT low volume so no fuel cut.

The way you increase your boost will affect the fuel cut situation as well, there will be a 'map' for fuel cut based on RPM (this may be a psuedo map) bring too much boost (or air flow) low down the revs and you will hit fuel cut.....its much harder to hit fuel cut at higher rpms as the turbos run out of puff and cant pass enough air through the MAF. I always hit fuel cut in 3rd or 4th gear at 3000RPM ish after a kickdown or in tip mode......so I wound the boost down at these RPMs. 1st and 2nd gear are over so quickly the turbos dont really get chance to peak out so you are unlikely to get fuel cut.

All these factors probably explain why car to car we have different results

valmes
24-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Same here... When accelerating on drag strip can go as high as 1.4 bar... changing gears at abot 7000 rpms... and not getting fuel cut.

I do get it when I push down on accelerator from 3000 rpms in 3rd or 4th gear? even at 1.0 bar!

P.S.: My target is 3.0 bars of boost... have to do my homework this winter :)

Kieran
24-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I think Dave's post should be put in the library...... ;)

pjjohnson
25-09-2004, 07:18 AM
In the library, yes, under 'JWOTTLCNMNEHRGAFQ'

pjjohnson
25-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Sorry that should be JWOTTLOCNMNEHRGAFC. My attention to detail has lways been crap. I think pretty soon it will be time to SATALATOPTBAPITOTM.

Nick Mann
25-09-2004, 09:52 AM
:thinking: :Eek1: :headsc:

PJ? You been on the pills again? I can't work that one out!

Kieran
25-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Sorry that should be JWOTTLOCNMNEHRGAFC. My attention to detail has lways been crap. I think pretty soon it will be time to SATALATOPTBAPITOTM.

Now.... It does normally take a few seconds to see Pete's rather dry sense of humor.... But this one's beyond me?! :rolleyes5

....Or has engine rebuild number 47 finally driven Pete stark raving bonkers?! :dunce: :wall: :wtf: :shrug:

valmes
26-09-2004, 02:24 PM
I've done that!!! No more fuel cut! 1.2 bar of boost with occasional spikes to 1.4 - and no problems with ECU cutting fuel when its most needed. Will take a pic of what my HKS FCD is set to :) and post it here.

2 RSM users.
What "power loss" numbers do you have in your RSM? What power figures do you get? At what RPM?

Easy 5,26 0-100 and 13,65 sec at about 0,95 bar of boost... but at 1.2 car feels much stronger :). I think car could have produced better times, but I am not that experienced with manual transmition. RSM showed figures in range of 320-380 PS.
Didn't measure times at 1.2 bar yet, but think it will be much better... with all power loss figures set to 0 (changed to have more accurate results... since RSM simply adds what is lost through transmition, aerodynamics etc. to what is measured from the "wheels") it showed steadily 383 PS. Well, if I am correct it is called "at the wheels horse power". I wonder how accurate is RSM in measuring power?

stonegr
26-09-2004, 03:53 PM
I've done that!!! No more fuel cut! 1.2 bar of boost with occasional spikes to 1.4 - and no problems with ECU cutting fuel when its most needed. Will take a pic of what my HKS FCD is set to :) and post it here.

2 RSM users.
What "power loss" numbers do you have in your RSM? What power figures do you get? At what RPM?

Easy 5,26 0-100 and 13,65 sec at about 0,95 bar of boost... but at 1.2 car feels much stronger :). I think car could have produced better times, but I am not that experienced with manual transmition. RSM showed figures in range of 320-380 PS.
Didn't measure times at 1.2 bar yet, but think it will be much better... with all power loss figures set to 0 (changed to have more accurate results... since RSM simply adds what is lost through transmition, aerodynamics etc. to what is measured from the "wheels") it showed steadily 383 PS. Well, if I am correct it is called "at the wheels horse power". I wonder how accurate is RSM in measuring power?

Verry nice times m8
What mods do you have ?
And how many degrees was the temperature ?? (Russia rules ;) )

valmes
27-09-2004, 02:54 AM
+2 +4 С

R-SR Magic Exhaust system. HKS Power Flow intake. HKS EVC III. HKS FCD. HKS FPR with fuel pressure sensor. Tomei WBLS. Greddy ETS. Boost pressure gauge. Apexi RSM+G. Blitz Blow off (modified). And some other mods...

PS: I lived in Cyprus for about a year... :)

Mante
23-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Stonegr: On the emanage unit itself which setting did they set rotary switches two and three? Oh yea which pin is for the air flow output on the ecu? Im at the point of buying the emanage instead of putting an apexi afr on. thanks

stonegr
24-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Stonegr: On the emanage unit itself which setting did they set rotary switches two and three? Oh yea which pin is for the air flow output on the ecu? Im at the point of buying the emanage instead of putting an apexi afr on. thanks

Ok, i did not set it up myself. An expert did it for me.
I just drive the car.
I hope the pic can help you.

sorry i cant post the pic
''emanage.jpg:
File Too Large. Limits are 620 x 0. Your file is 640 x 324. ''

Limits are 620 x 0 ????????????????
:dozey: :dozey: :dozey: :dozey:
it is just 27 kb pic :sad3:

Mante
24-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Ok, i did not set it up myself. An expert did it for me.
I just drive the car.
I hope the pic can help you.

''emanage.jpg:

:dozey: :dozey: :dozey: :dozey:
it is just 27 kb pic :sad3:

can you email it to mante@hotmail.com ?

Legnum Boy
24-10-2004, 04:26 PM
''emanage.jpg:

Just get the 640 x 324 down to 620 x ???

stonegr
24-10-2004, 08:38 PM
can you email it to mante@hotmail.com ?

Ok i email it ;)

ako
06-11-2004, 05:54 AM
Sorry to drag this up again, but I've got a couple of questions on this.. From what I have read elsewhere, is it true that putting in a piggyback device like this will retard your ignition to a point? I.E since the ECU is being fooled in fuel/airflow terms only, it goes with fake values for both, and things go "wrong" in other areas?

On the other hand.. Its not that bad a thing. You'd lose a bit of power, but thats about it...

enigma
06-11-2004, 09:44 AM
I haven't fitted it yet, but as I understand you have full control over the ignition timing and fuelling. I thinkthere are something like 256 load sites for each. So that seems to be a no! I am sure if I fitted it I could get another 30-40BHP from the engine :D