PDA

View Full Version : Manual for the Galant

valleyforge1
13-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Ive just been reading the tread marked "Can everyone read this" for the VR4 workshop manual and was just wondering if there is anything floating about for the lesser models such as my sport.

I made the mistake of getting the Haynes manual,"All Mitsubishi Galant models 1994 thru 2003" and it most be for the America model.(Off Amazon)/pan

Are these things they flog on cd from E-bay any good.

The Forge

g6acb
13-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Its all under your nose

Members links ........ Resource library.................Misc_ service and Maintenance.................... service and repair manuals pdf x 26

It couldn't be easier to find:inquisiti

but... these dont contain the 1999 or 2001 suplements which dont half come in handy :scholar:

valleyforge1
13-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Expected that answer somehow. You know what I mean

g6acb
13-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Ive just been reading the tread

Thought you were a lanky, not Irish :speechles

Expected that answer somehow. You know what I mean

er no , not really, thought that was helpful and to the point in call a spade a spade Yorkshire fashion????

HMG1K
13-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Ive just been reading the tread marked "Can everyone read this" for the VR4 workshop manual and was just wondering if there is anything floating about for the lesser models such as my sport.

I made the mistake of getting the Haynes manual,"All Mitsubishi Galant models 1994 thru 2003" and it most be for the America model.(Off Amazon)/pan

Are these things they flog on cd from E-bay any good.

The Forge

Wonderful - saves me thinking about that Haynes manual and if I should get it! :scholar:

I'm guessing the CDs on eBay are pants - in terms of if you want to fix something - or indeed look something up - it's easier to thumb through a book than load a CD and try and hunt through the various files and folders...

I think a book version of these CDs sometimes, but rarely, come up - I'd rather have one of these.

I-S
13-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm guessing the CDs on eBay are pants

You are so very wrong... The PDFs on the CDs are set up in a good way, with supplements linked to the original section on which they expand - something obviously not done with the paper version. If you want a paper version, print it.

Usually what most of us do is print the bit we need for whatever it is we are doing and then not worry when the printout gets torn, oily, etc.

HMG1K
13-02-2008, 12:20 PM
You are so very wrong... The PDFs on the CDs are set up in a good way, with supplements linked to the original section on which they expand - something obviously not done with the paper version. If you want a paper version, print it.

Usually what most of us do is print the bit we need for whatever it is we are doing and then not worry when the printout gets torn, oily, etc.

Nice tip! Thank you ! :pimp2: I think an investment will be worth while!

shaun1978
14-02-2008, 09:40 AM
I think for £2 or whatever they are , every little helps , I've got one , it's ok for the galant I have but pretty much useless for the legnum.

valleyforge1
15-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Its like you say its nice to just thumb threw a Haynes manual, Maybe its just what makes you feel more at home. I mostly had cars that you had no prob of just going down to your local halfords and picking up the necessary book.

Shaun 1978......Is the cd pants or is the info any use.

HMG 1K......If you want the manual ill get it in the post for you.

Isaac...... Maybe its because I still dont realize just what a different car I own now and still cant get used to not being able to pick up info on it so easily. Still its good to kown that this web site and the people on it are so helpful.

I-S
15-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Is the cd pants or is the info any use.

If you have a UK car then it's of huge use. If you have a VR4 (which the CD does not cover) then it is of more limited use.

HMG1K
15-02-2008, 03:56 PM
HMG 1K......If you want the manual ill get it in the post for you.

Mate, that is really kind of you! Thank you! PM me and let me know of any costs to cover your expense / postage etc and I'll sort it, and let you know my address.

valleyforge1
05-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Isaac.........Is their any particular cd that I should be looking at as they all look abit different but then again they all look the same, if you know what I mean./Elmo /Elmo

g6acb
05-03-2008, 12:32 AM
More than happy to bung a cd in the post for you.... If you admit your side indicators are wrong!!! (and you give me an address to send to!)

Davezj
05-03-2008, 12:33 AM
if you are full member i can give you a CD with jap manual, galant manual Caps handboook, etc. just drop me a PM with you address and i can post it to you.

valleyforge1
05-03-2008, 01:57 PM
But why on earth would someboby change a set of indicator lenses???????.Next you,ll be saying that the wheels are not standard as well./pan