PDA

View Full Version : Local wheel alignment recommendation please

White Lightning
13-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Guys,

I want to get my car booked in for a full alignment / geometry check. The place that Miller used looks good but it's a 300 mile round trip for me! Anyone got any recommendations for somewhere reasonably local to me?

TIA
Wayne

Nice But
13-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't offer any suggestions around your way but this could be a useful list to start.

I'm fairly close to Miller but want to find one round by me....... Solihull.

I don't know about this lot but I have bought tyres from them in the past......
Merityres (http://www.merityre.co.uk/find_a_centre.htm) are these closer....

orionn2o
13-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I have a place that I used which is in Surrey. I'll dig out the address tonight if thats any use to you??

When I dropped my car into Abbey Motorsport, they took it there for me. They did a full 4 wheel laser alignment

Nice But
13-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Out of a matter of interest how adjustable is the VR4 at the rear....... I'm used to fully adjustable RX8 and MX5 suspension, I had a look underneath the Leggy but didn't see too many adjustment points.......:inquisiti

White Lightning
13-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't know about this lot but I have bought tyres from them in the past......
Merityres (http://www.merityre.co.uk/find_a_centre.htm) are these closer....

Thanks. But, I am trying to avoid the average tyre fitting place as I am not convinced how good they would be doing alignment on a VR-4.

Nice But
13-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Merityre aren't the norm kwik twot sort of place....... know what you mean though....../pan

There's a company called Center Gravity in atherstone Staffs that are excellent, they will come to Club meets with their trailer etc and do the cars there........ I'm organising one for the RX8 Club at their next Prodrive day....... tain't cheap though.

White Lightning
13-02-2008, 11:47 AM
I have a place that I used which is in Surrey. I'll dig out the address tonight if thats any use to you??

Sounds good ... I am only about 3 miles from the Surrey border so I am sure it would be a lot closer than Nottingham.

K9NG
13-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Wayne try Motorworx in Marlow very knowledgable guys who have a good
alignment machine.

White Lightning
13-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Wayne try Motorworx in Marlow very knowledgable guys who have a good
alignment machine.

Nice one Paul :thumbsup:

I have booked it into Motorworx on the 23rd ... I explained to them that I am not 100% sure that my rear lower camber adjustment arms are OK but they said that they always go over the car and check it is "alignable" before they actually do the alignment. Which is a good thing when it costs £75 ... :o

I assume you have used them yourself?

psbarham
13-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Out of a matter of interest how adjustable is the VR4 at the rear....... I'm used to fully adjustable RX8 and MX5 suspension, I had a look underneath the Leggy but didn't see too many adjustment points.......:inquisiti

the only adjustment on the rear is the tracking.

Eurospec
14-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Bagshot Tyre and Exhaust- its a merrityre- ask for Clifford, he's excellent.

I even get the gto set up there for its one 'circuit' job of the year.

Cheers,

Ben.

K9NG
14-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah Wayne used them plenty of times, Carl and Danny are top guys.

White Lightning
23-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, that was a wasted journey ... /Grrr

Got to Motorworx as arranged at 9am. Had the car put on the ramp and then we found out that they did not have the VR-4 in their system. I did ask them to check before I got there and was told if there is a problem they would give me a ring. They had settings for a 97- Galant (EA) but they were completely different to the settings I had from here. They didn't seem too happy to use the settings from here without checking with the manufacturer of the machine (Hunter) ... who are not their till Monday.

One good thing, Danny did confirm that my rear camber adjustment arms are OK. Apparently, they are supposed to rock on their axis (Nevman take note if you are reading this!)

So, that's a 50 mile round trip and a very dirty car for almost nothing (the motorway was filthy today!).

Oh well, at least it gives me an excuse to go out and clean it again later .... /pan

orionn2o
23-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Thats a shame mate, so are you not going to get the adjustment done now?? Or do you want that place that I got mine done?

K9NG
23-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Thats a PITA Wayne, when I had my Pulsar aligned I gave them my settings and they done it to that!

White Lightning
23-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Thats a shame mate, so are you not going to get the adjustment done now?? Or do you want that place that I got mine done?

I am still going to get it done. Just maybe not back at the same place. Can you give me the name of the place you used just so that I can see how close it is and what they charge? At least, I will know they have done one VR-4 ...

Joe_M
16-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Hi guys, sorry to drag this thread back up but I thought I'd share my experience.

I took my car to Motorworx a couple of weeks ago because it was pulling quite badly to the left. They didn't cure the problem, so I took it to Elite in Rainham yesterday and they re-aligned it and it drives sweet. I definately wouldn't recommend Motorworx!

ANTHONY
16-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi guys, sorry to drag this thread back up but I thought I'd share my experience.

I took my car to Motorworx a couple of weeks ago because it was pulling quite badly to the left. They didn't cure the problem, so I took it to Elite in Rainham yesterday and they re-aligned it and it drives sweet. I definately wouldn't recommend Motorworx! I had my sport done at Elite they use a four wheel laser check very good cost is about £50 .00

orionn2o
26-03-2008, 01:08 PM
I swear I replied to this message before.

I had mine alignment done at Abbey Motorsport. Oxted.

Can't remember the price however but they are very good up there