PDA

View Full Version : New member & I have questions!

rabidbullfrog
13-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Ok I am a new member. Wondering if there are any other members from the U.S. on here? And of course if any one is aware of any 8th gen. Galant or Legnum VR-4's in the U.S.? I love these cars and am wanting to import one into the States but am not geting any help or info from Mitsu. Japan. If any one knows of any one who imported one, tried to import one, or has any helpfull information I would appericate your response.
Thanks Guys!
Curtis

Robotnik123
13-02-2008, 11:42 PM
I expect it will be very expensive, if not impossible to import a VR-4 and then get it legally onto US roads. Having it as a track car might be a possibility though.

Alternatives you could consider are transplanting a 6A13TT engine into a US FWD Galant, or buying a US Spec Lancer EVO.

Ok I am a new member. Wondering if there are any other members from the U.S. on here? And of course if any one is aware of any 8th gen. Galant or Legnum VR-4's in the U.S.? I love these cars and am wanting to import one into the States but am not geting any help or info from Mitsu. Japan. If any one knows of any one who imported one, tried to import one, or has any helpfull information I would appericate your response.
Thanks Guys!
Curtis

ANTHONY
13-02-2008, 11:44 PM
/Welcome sorry cannot help on the import stuff but feel free to post some photos of your eclipse. oh and welcome

g6acb
13-02-2008, 11:50 PM
There are not so many American members here, any that are primarily hang arround at www.thegalantcenter.net

I think there are insurmountable problems getting a Legnum VR-4 on the road in the US, but many at the galantcenter have impressive mods / conversions

Kieran
14-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Welcome rabidbullfrog!

I only know of one member with an 8th Generation Galant VR-4 in the USA.... A chap called 'Mante' on here.

Thing is he fell out of contact with us AGES ago.... But it might still be worth sending a Private message to his account...

He also has a Youtube account... You can also try contacting him here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mante78

Paul Beazer
14-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes, welcome indeed. As others have said not very many US members on here, but you're welcome to join us!!

richy rich
14-02-2008, 01:55 PM
/Welcome