PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Hard Pipe Installed

Beastlee
15-02-2008, 08:32 PM
So I installed the replacement pipe the other day and I finally got around to taking a couple of pics. I had intended to do a full write up on the install but it's one of those 5 minute jobs that really don't need it. Here's the pics:

uploaded/4273/1203101913.jpg uploaded/4273/1203101942.jpg

And a brief rundown on how to change it over :

1. Drain approximately 1-2 litres of coolant, or take the opportunity to replace it now.
2. Release the two clamps holding the large fibre coated air inlet hose in place.
3. Remove the large fibre coated air inlet pipe to gain access.
3b. If possible remove the clamp and vaccum pipe although this is not necessary.
4. Release the clamps at each end of the hose to enable you to remove it.
5. Carefully disconnect the hose at each end. Clean up any spillages ASAP.
6. Fit the two new silicone sections to the respective outlets (they are both the same) and secure loosly with the supplied jubilee clips. I reccommend that you push them on as far as possible to facilitate the installation of the pipe.
7. Insert the new pipe with the sensor opening at the front of the car, it may be a little awkward to fit but it will go eventually.
8. Adjust the pipe so it sits comfortably and then clamp everything down fully.
9. Insert either the supplied blanking plug or a temperature sender into the opening.
10. Reattach the large fibre coated air inlet and secure both clamps.
10b. If you removed the vacuum pipe then refit and clamp.
11. Double check everything is closed/sealed/tightened before you continue.
12. Refill the coolant remembering the bleed screw on the top of the thermostat (rear end of the pipe).
13. Stand back and enjoy the fuits of your labour.

If there's any more that needs adding, feel free to add or ask. It has stopped my coolant loss but I'm not sure it does anything else, although it's price is probably comparable to a genuine Mitsi one at £36 delivered so still a valid replacment.