PDA

View Full Version : Squealing

Little Miss Road Rage
16-02-2008, 06:48 AM
I have had this for a while not, just not got round to asking about it.

Whilst driving if I let off the accelerator so the transmission is not taking any power I can hear a squealing sound fairly quietly like metal on metal.

Has anyone else got this/ heard of this ?

Is it serious / will it cost me loads to fix ?

Cheers Raggy

richy rich
16-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Is your Atf and transfer box box oil in good nick.

psbarham
16-02-2008, 10:16 AM
sounds daft , but check your brake pads, the standard pads have a wear marker that squeal when the pads are worn, it could be that it is just touching and when the engines on over run its a lot quieter so you can hear it.

Eurospec
16-02-2008, 08:17 PM
sounds daft , but check your brake pads, the standard pads have a wear marker that squeal when the pads are worn, it could be that it is just touching and when the engines on over run its a lot quieter so you can hear it.

Similarly, the brake disk dust shields get bent and touch the disks, you get the same kind of thing.

Cheers,

Ben.

psbarham
16-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Similarly, the brake disk dust shields get bent and touch the disks, you get the same kind of thing.

Cheers,

Ben.

your not wrong there, thats why mine are on a shelf in the workshop

Little Miss Road Rage
17-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Is your Atf and transfer box box oil in good nick.
Not sure, will have to look into that

Little Miss Road Rage
17-02-2008, 12:55 PM

Had new pads and disks last year so i hope they ain't that worn already lol

swinks
18-02-2008, 12:03 AM
What's about simple drive belts (A/C, steering pump) or alternator if it's not while breaking but drivibg? Maybe one got worn (loosen, too tighten) or just pulleys...? Squeeky sound in cold moisty weather - it's very likely.