PDA

View Full Version : Some Help Please..

mpau009
18-02-2008, 07:17 AM
1) What does this thing do?/pan (hose in the first few pics)

I am pretty sure it used to be connected to the black elbow pre throttle body, but its been a while. I am planning on doing away with the stock one, and plumbing in a line the same size to a similar position on the new side. But id kinda like to know WTF it does before i go fiddling. It doesnt seem to be on my vacuum hose diagram either? have i confused it for something else...

2) Can someone please post a pic of the front drivers side of the fuse box? I cant quite remember what cable went in to which fitting..:thinking:

3) Does anyone recognise this part? i am fairly sure it is an earth, but i dont know where it was supposed to be bolted on? Im guessing iv forgotten to put it through one of the bolts down by the gearbox somewhere?:inquisiti That is the bottom radiator hose in the last pic, if that helps put things into perspective.

Any help would be great.:afro:

Subaru ETA
18-02-2008, 08:29 AM
that hose want somekind of coolant feed to the throttle body was it?

mpau009
18-02-2008, 08:45 AM
that hose want somekind of coolant feed to the throttle body was it?

No, iv already extended those since i decided to keep the prewarmer when i moved the throttle body, i am pretty sure it is a boost line, its not the boost solenoid since i have removed that, but there is a 2nd one that goes into that elbow aye?

Iv got no idea what its for:thinking:

Subaru ETA
18-02-2008, 08:49 AM
lol dont you hate that! im putting a vectra head back on at work that i pulled apart like a month ago. being ford and mazda trained it aint been easy remembering where **** goes!

ill have a look at mine tomorrow see if i can work it out

White Lightning
18-02-2008, 08:50 AM
It's quite hard to tell from the pictures, but you should have an earth that goes from the engine/gearbox to the -ve terminal of the battery I believe. I think that is what you are holding in the last pic.

As for the first one, I am not sure without looking. It's not the fuel rail is it?

Nutter_John
18-02-2008, 09:39 AM
power steering regulator feed

Nick Mann
18-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Aye - that's the first one!

It's difficult to make out the last picture - But I wouldn't have said that there are many connections like that? Is that one from the fuse box? Or is it one for the starter motor?

mpau009
18-02-2008, 10:58 AM
:happy: Yay! That makes sense. I'll have to tap a fitting for it into the new elbow, that should clear up some clutter.

I'll have to recheck that electrical connection, i had the starter off for the clutch/flywheel, so that might well be it. Dont think it will quite reach the fuse box, its slightly further down. Half the problem is iv unbolted the brackets that hold the loom pieces in place so its hard to retrace anything.. But thats some good ideas to start :afro:

mpau009
19-02-2008, 07:23 AM
It's quite hard to tell from the pictures, but you should have an earth that goes from the battery to the -ve terminal of the battery I believe. I think that is what you are holding in the last pic

Yay, you were correct..

I pulled all the tape and junk off to see which wires need rerouting/extending away from the hot areas.

The reason it was so hard to pic was i cut the end off it and taped it up when i moved the battery to the boot ages ago, so it wasnt needed. It must have been bolted through one of the gearbox bolts which i didnt think to put back at the time.

I'll run a new one to earth the engine block to the chassis when i tidy things up.

Now about that fuse box pic/notworthy ;)