PDA

View Full Version : Proshop Iida Clutch kit - Pictures

Dan_G
18-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Evening,

Thought 'd post some pics of the clutch kit i got today.

So, how do you know if the cover is uprated then? does'nt say exedy on it? in fact it has a little mitsubishi logo on it.... maybe its a standard clutch with uprated pressure plate?

fuppin better not be considering the price!

pics:

phosty
21-02-2008, 11:19 PM
What power output is it supposed to be good for?

I need to change mine soon so I'm just looking into the options we have on the VR4. What made you choose this one?

Nutter_John
21-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Thats looks like a standardish clucth disk , I went helix and there best none paddle clucth is good for 370+ ft/lbs ( oh thats what i'm running at ) so i would suspect that the clucth will Handle roughly the same

The four paddle excedy will take a lot more , but the clutch is an on /off experience

Dan_G
21-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I was dissapointed that i could not get a torque figure for the kit but i guessed it would be similar to nutter johns figure based on other uprated exedy clutches (only not sure if it is an exedy as first thought) i just hope this one can take more than standard as I'm slipping after fitting the new injectors and upping boost

Nutter_John
21-02-2008, 11:43 PM
The probelm I found that when I did a lot of checking last year no one was able or willing to provide the static torque rating for any excedy clutches ( bar the double and triple plate ones )

Like I said the plate looks standardish and they may have just increased the pressure on the cover plate , the helix one I have is an uprated disk and an uprated cover it is the highest rating they give for a none plate or paddle clucth

I'm pushing beyond 370ft/lb now so will have to seriously look at a new clucth this year , problem is they mostly become very un freindly to drive .

My choice this time though will be a tripple plate excedy from an evo , they are aroun 1100 quid , but then again thats not much more than i paid for the flywheel and helxi setup i use .

Dan until you have bedded the clucth in and then try some hard starts you'll not know if it can handle the power which is a bummer

Dan_G
22-02-2008, 12:48 AM
cheers for the info..

last dyno got about 320ft.lb

since then i have fitted downpipes... installed bigger injectors upped the boost and tuned the fueling via safc with the lc-1 and coz of the bigger injectors and pulling back the MAF hz signal i have ended up advancing the timing quite a bit..... this added with the fact i no longer have fuel cut as my saftey net I live in fear of detetanation....so this is why i have my water injection sat beside me waiting to be fitted once i get a tank (and some methanol) sourced..... then I can push the ickle TD03's to there limit of 1.1 bar until they die...

bearing all that in mind only time will tell if the clutch will take it... if not, i'll be going the OS GIKEN(spell?) route...

Dan

Gowf
22-02-2008, 02:12 AM
I have the excedy 4puck clutch and it isnt that bad, no worse than the one i had in the 205 rally car. Its not totaly on or off, but you cant make it slip for too long as it will just glaze. I havent hard launched the car on it yet, but it will be soon. But as john said, with no figures of static torque being available for them, it'l down to experience to see what they can take.
I havent tried the OS GIKENs, but have known of a twin plate one being burnt out in a relatively standard gto in a matter of months.
Next clutch for me will have to be a carbon/carbon double or tripple made by pitroadM. Only issue with that is the nearly 2k price tag!

eiril_77
07-09-2009, 07:21 PM
can i used single plate from evo 6... it's same size?

Gowf
07-09-2009, 07:55 PM
yes and no..... You need a spacer plate from what im aware.

Axeboy
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
i think thats the same setup i had on my last vr4

and the light flywheel, which was about 1/2 the weight