PDA

View Full Version : Snap happy

antony-baker
20-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Hello peeps...

long time no post from me..

Good to see the forum is still looking great !

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in a photoshoot conducted by myself..

I've been doing photoshoots for various clubs over the past few months and I was wondering, if you guys wanted one as well...

I'm happy to drive to where-ever yoou want to hold it at whatever location you want.

I'll post up a few pictures to give you an idea of the type of pictures that I take..attached...

anyway, let me know what you think...

Its good to be back :)

Kieran
20-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Hey Ant - good to see you again!

Stunning Photos!:afro:

antony-baker
20-02-2008, 11:29 PM
thanks, love the bbcb avatar :)

miller
21-02-2008, 01:12 AM
excellent photographs, i know i would be interested in a decent work of art snap of my cherished motor.

Mike

HMG1K
21-02-2008, 01:18 AM
excellent photographs, i know i would be interested in a decent work of art snap of my cherished motor.

Mike

Me too

antony-baker
21-02-2008, 02:31 AM
brilliant, I will leave it down to you guys to call the time/place

Cheers
Antony

richy rich
21-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Me too
And Me but I might have to clean it first./Grrr

Lillywotsername
21-02-2008, 09:41 AM
They are stunning photos...... /GJ

White Lightning
21-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Amazing photos ... :thumbsup:

I would definately be interested in this!

Nick VR4
21-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Nice pickies :D

miller
21-02-2008, 02:07 PM
How much we looking at for pictures, and at what sizes?

armed with this info we can start debating time, date and more importantly venues.

Venue will be the important one so everyone get their thinking caps on!!!

Mike

Spirit
21-02-2008, 09:39 PM
They are fantastic pics !

Add me to the list of interested parties. As mentioned, some ideas of costs involved would be appreciated.

miller
03-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Big Bump, where are you Anthony Baker?

we neeeed more info!!

Spirit
04-03-2008, 12:42 AM
I have sent him an email, hopefully he will reply soon.

antony-baker
06-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Guys, really sorry I havent been keepingh up to date with this thread, I thought that I had set the thread tools to email me if anyone updated it, but I guess it hasnt worked.

anyway, getting down to it..

regards payment, i dont want anything from you, I'll give you the pics on cd or maybe send them to a mod here for distribution, then its up to you how you print them. I can get them printed for you, but I'll charge whatever it costs me to get them done.

The prints should come up really well in a2 format, a3 for definite...

All I ask is that you dont use them for commercial use without letting me know, and if you post them up anywhere you give me a credit.

Why am I doing this ? well i'm trying to break into mainstream photography, automotive and various other sorts, but cars are my passion. As far as I am concerned another good photo is another one for the portfolio. Its the portfolio that I am attempting to build to show my work to magazines etc.

With regards to location....well, it doesnt have to be a place that is commonly thought of as beautiful, although i dont discount that, a great location can be anything from some run down warehouses to a canal-side or an old factory.....I think good looking cars look great against run down backgrounds...

Location all depends on whichever place is central to the bulk of people interested. Its a total nightmare finding places, and the worst thing of all is turning up to do a shoot and finding out that I have to scout about and waste a few hours finding somewhere other than a TGI fridays car park :)

As for the weather, well the glummer the day, the better really, dramatic skys and moody dusks look great and add passion to the shot...

The only money that I do ask for is just to cover my expenses, ie. Petrol and possibly something towards accomadation if this spans two days ( which in all honesty is highly unlikely ). I did manage to shoot about 15 skylines on a rainy afternoon in afternoon in yeovil for skylineowners.com

If 20+ cars are interested that could start to become a long day, so I will need people to be at the location from pretty early on.

I hope that answers most things.

I hope you can all make it, it really is a good day, plus I'm sure you guys love meeting up anyway :)

Antony

Lillywotsername
06-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Wow that sounds fantastic Antony...

I am sure they are going to be fighting for places.

HMG1K
06-03-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm up for it - just location to sort!

Spirit
06-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Antony

I know how difficult it is to arrange any sort of meet in terms of location, day etc.

As it can't happen without you, may I suggest you pick the location and the date.......that way people can simply say yes or no to being able to make it otherwise it could be weeks of arranging dates.

Once you have then announced a date/venue we can get the ball rolling.

And once again, thank you for such a fantastic offer.

antony-baker
06-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Its far better that you guys pick the location, somewhere within 100 miles of London would be best personally.

Once you have decided on the meet place, we can then work out the exact location to go on to for the photos.

I'd like to say Sunday the 16th of march as a preliminary date for the meet, is that too soon ?

I'd love ideas of places we can go to, I'd suggest that if anyone has a place near them that fits the bill, then step forward :)

miller
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Anthony, fantastic offer,

Count me in please for definite. wherever.

Mike

edit

map to get everyones thoughts flowing on a venue, general areas around london.
http://www.multimap.com/maps/?hloc=GB|london#t=l&map=51.66429,-0.45028|9|4&loc=GB:51.50002:-0.12618:14|london|London, England, SW1P 3

My thoughts are

old aircraft hanger
public building of interest

Spirit
06-03-2008, 08:43 PM
I'd like to say Sunday the 16th of march as a preliminary date for the meet, is that too soon ?

I think that's too short notice TBH mate. What would be the next date after this ?

Beastlee
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Can we have it in Germany please, I know of a lovely road just down the way ;)

I'm gutted I'll miss this as I love those pictures Ant. If you're interested there's a big Japanese auto show in Assen (TT Track), Holland on the last weekend of March. May be a good place to get some excellent pictures and advertise your work. I'll be going, hoepfully with the guys from the galantfans.nl club so if the pictures are done and available in time perhaps we can help with some promo work for you. I'd happily take a board up with some high def prints on them and an info sheet.

psbarham
06-03-2008, 10:33 PM
whatabout somewhere like duxford, if we can persude them to let us use a plane as a back drop

antony-baker
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Sunday 30th of March is good for me as well....

I'm booked on the 29th so cant make it to Germany on the 29th, but thank you for the invite.

A hangar sounds ideal, duxford sounds great too...I'm thinking of the travelling you guys will have to do really to get to wherever....I was thinking that somewhere North of the m25 would be better, maybe Leicester or Northampton or something like that ?

valleyforge1
06-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Come on Kiernan, now you really have no excuse for not having some good pictures of that shiney,shiney GLS in a sexy photo shoot.:2thumbsup

GET THEM POLISHING CLOTHES OUT.....:laugh:

/Elmo

Kieran
07-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Come on Kiernan, now you really have no excuse for not having some good pictures of that shiney,shiney GLS in a sexy photo shoot.:2thumbsup

GET THEM POLISHING CLOTHES OUT.....:laugh:

/Elmo

Heh! Wish I still had that GLS - it was the shiniest Galant in all Christendom!:afro:

miller
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Isnt there two massive Airship hangers south of Northampton, relics of the war. You can see them for miles? Anyone know of them?

Good location if we could get in.

Lets get location sorted for the 30th March.

Mike

pitslayer
07-03-2008, 07:57 PM
what about japfest? could we not find a beauty spot around castle combe?

stunning pictures

DickBarton
07-03-2008, 08:38 PM
They look stunningly good shots, would love some of my vehicle...bit far away though...but if there is a meet going down then I may be able to make it...

psbarham
07-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Isn't there two massive Airship hangers south of Northampton, relics of the war. You can see them for miles? Anyone know of them?

Good location if we could get in.

Lets get location sorted for the 30th March.

Mike

there's 2 just south of Bedford, just off the A421, one i know houses the Goodyear blimp (queue wildcards jokes /lol) i dunno if you can get near them or who owns them though

antony-baker
08-03-2008, 12:20 AM
some good suggestions there guys :)

valleyforge1
10-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Heh! Wish I still had that GLS - it was the shiniest Galant in all Christendom!:afro:

Sorry mate I didnt know./pan

Kieran
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry mate I didnt know./pan

No need to apologise mate!! I really should stop linking to threads that are more than 4 years old!!/pan

antony-baker
13-03-2008, 03:03 PM
all gone quiet on this peeps, are we still going ahead with this ?

thanks
antony

miller
13-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Please yes, just need the rabble to agree on a location and date, not much to ask really!!!

Mike

miller
16-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Hey, just seen this pic posted on another forum! What a location!
Just waiting for a response on how he got away with it?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/civicboy40/Cn%20shoot%20aug%202007/civicundervulcangreyscale.jpg

Could you imagine it with a Legnum / Galant 70/30 side on under the nose?

Mike

elnevio
17-03-2008, 07:25 AM
A Vulcan bomber - what a plane! I remember seeing them at airshows in the 80s - awesome machine.

Beastlee
17-03-2008, 07:52 AM
We had one at RAF Waddington, impressive machines.

Kieran
17-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Vulcans are awesome planes. Yeah, a Legnm would be fitting - they're both dirty great bombers that make a lot of noise and chuck out loads of pollution! /Devil5