PDA

View Full Version : How do you make your factory fit Cobra alarm 'chirp'?

HMG1K
22-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Simple as that...! When you press the remote to arm / disarm your factory fit Cobra alarm, what do you have to do to make it chirp at you to compliment the indicators flashing...?

I think I may have read it somewhere once that it was to do with doing something when you disconnect and reconnect the alarm!

Thanks in advance...
philip

elnevio
22-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Simple as that...! When you press the remote to arm / disarm your factory fit Cobra alarm, what do you have to do to make it chirp at you to compliment the indicators flashing...?

I think I may have read it somewhere once that it was to do with doing something when you disconnect and reconnect the alarm!

Thanks in advance...
philip
I had thought this was something which could be changed without disconnecting the power, but couldn't find anything at all in my alarm manual, or the one in the resource library.

However, a quote found on PH website:

"To activate/deactivate the acoustic signalling (buzzer) when arming/disarming the system press the radio control A button within 5 seconds of connecting the system power supply:
The direction lights will blink once if the buzzer is not active;
The direction lights will blink once and the buzzer will beep to confirm buzzer activation."

I'm not sure what you do about disconnecting the power supply - I assume you make sure the alarm is off before disconnection.

Hope that helps!

Johnny_Cashed
22-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I sent you this (http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?threadid=104041&highlight=cobra) link, but I'm not sure if it'll work with our cobras

n13l pm
22-02-2008, 07:21 PM
I just disconnect the battery for about 30seconds then reconnect, and try the alarm button after reconnecting, it will work. To get rid of the sound do the same procedure again mate.

HMG1K
22-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Thank you ALL!!!!!!

I thought it was something like that - but wasn't sure on the bit after reconnecting the battery... Johnny, thanks for your link too - must have been there where I had read it originally and forgot that link you'd originally sent over!

kamal
23-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Thanks for the info, will try it tomorrow.

HMG1K
23-02-2008, 10:50 AM
BINGO! It works!

Thanks folks!

Keep in mind you will loose all your stereo settings, and keep at hand any codes you'll need - like for your stereo... But well worth it! Luckily for me I finished my full stereo install yesterday so I was starting with a 'blank canvas'.

Thanks again!

Zaid
23-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I assume you have done it by taking off the battery and hence you lost the stero settings. How about by taking out the alarm fuse, that will do the job i guess?

BINGO! It works!

Thanks folks!

Bare in mind you will loose all your stereo settings, and keep at hand any codes you'll need - like for your stereo... But well worth it! Luckily for me I finished my full stereo install yesterday so I was starting with a 'blank canvas'.

Thanks again!

HMG1K
23-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I assume you have done it by taking off the battery and hence you lost the stero settings. How about by taking out the alarm fuse, that will do the job i guess?

Yep, should do - but I didn't know where to start looking for the fuse, and as all my settings were wiped the day before when I disconnected the battery (which prompted me to remember this small job) I did it the long way round, but fastest for me...

Really cool having it bleep - and I it will make it more obvious if the alarm has gone off in my absence and the alarm bleeps & flases the 4 times or some kind of patten like that that it does to alert you.

Zaid
23-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Thats cool, will do mine tommorrow first thing in the morning, thanks Philip for bringing this up:)

kamal
23-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Cant wait til tomorrow, I'm gonna try it now out in the dark!

glover
23-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Which is the alarm fuse?? the owners manual doesnt list it.

sanct
23-02-2008, 10:47 PM
So let me get this right.

1/ Disconnect battery for 30 seconds
2/ Reconnect battery
3/ Press unlock/lock (larger button)

and my alarm shout beep on arming?

glover
23-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Just done mine by torchlight, All done.

disconnect,
wait 30
reconnect
beeps!

Spirit
23-02-2008, 11:24 PM
I have disconnected my battery many times for longer than 30s and never chirped......so does the "pressing the button within 5 seconds" get this to work then ?

HMG1K
24-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I have disconnected my battery many times for longer than 30s and never chirped......so does the "pressing the button within 5 seconds" get this to work then ?

Yes... I disconnected the negative terminal... waited the 30seconds or so...

Then on reconnecting, I used my right hand to place the terminal back on the battery while I pressed and held down the larger button on the alarm fob with my left hand at the same time... As the negative terminal touched the batter, the car beeped a 'cough' like beep (the same loudness as when you set the alarm and a door is left open and it beeps a continuous beep)... and when I armed / disarmed the car it beeped!

Two beeps for armed... one for disarmed!:afro:

Spirit
24-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Might give this a go later then, especially as my stereo is out being repaired at the moment too.

Spirit
24-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Damn, thought I had tried this before, it doesn't work on my Elite 3 /Grrr

In fact, I have just dug out the manual for it, and the section on arming the alarm says:

"Pressing button A on the radio key will arm the system. This will be indicated by:
1: Two flashes of the hazard warning lights
2: The LED warning light on the dashboard will be constantly illuminated "

No mention of a chirp then :inquisiti

HMG1K
24-02-2008, 06:24 PM
That's right - mine mentions nothing of a chirp either! It's like an 'easter egg' for our car alarms!

I've got the Optimum HF3 installed - no mention in that manual about chirps, but it works if you give it a try!

Paul Beazer
24-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Hmm, tried mine htis afternoon. No chirp on arming it still. It chirps when you reconnect the batery but thats it.
Cant bothered with it running lumpy so i'll just leave it.

g6acb
24-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I think 'chirp' is being a bit kind..... its a pretty loud 1/2 second beep when you unlock the car, a double beep when you lock it.

I activated it no trouble, but find it very annoying, but still can't get shut of the beeps /Grrr

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18075&highlight=alarm

ritch_w
24-02-2008, 08:12 PM
worked fine for me (Elite 4 on an Outlander), disconnected battery / reconnected and pressed big button.

def better now hearing it arm / dis arm and knowing rather than guessing!

ritch_w
24-02-2008, 08:31 PM
sorry double post DOH!!!

Spirit
24-02-2008, 08:45 PM
it works if you give it a try!

Did try it mate. I tried the "hold button whilst reconnect" and the "press within 5 seconds of reconnect" methods and neither worked for me.

My Estate already has the chirps/beeps working thankfully

Zaid
24-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Mine worked this morning... and have been playing with it all day :P
I also checked out the manual for my E46, and guess what, I never knew those beemas had dead locks... its cool, I can operate all my windows from my remote!

ANTHONY
24-02-2008, 10:37 PM
when we was in Florida a few years ago we rented a Galant, and the very loud chirp was the only way we could find the car in the Disney car parks

kamal
25-02-2008, 12:37 AM
didn't work on my opti hf2

Zaid
30-01-2009, 12:43 AM
I am trying to get the V6 Sport to chirp, I followed the instructions provided, however, its not chirping! Anybody know why? Might it just be an option on certain models?

HMG1K
01-02-2009, 06:49 PM
You got the Cobra? (guessing you have)....

Were you hitting the button on the keyfob constantly when you reconnected?

Zaid
01-02-2009, 10:45 PM
You got the Cobra? (guessing you have)....

Were you hitting the button on the keyfob constantly when you reconnected?

I tried pressing the A button once and also constantly, both ways didnt work... I am thinking now that this feature is only available on Elegance model but not the Sport?

HMG1K
01-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Hmmmm should be the same alarm... do you know what model you have of Cobra - if you've got the manual.