Greetings from DK

Hi guys ...and gals :iloveyou:

Loving this site, but cant find the info I need
- plz help a dane out /Elmo

I own a Galant 2.5 V6 24v (6a13)
- look it out at blackcore.dk

My question is:
How to upgrade to 6a13tt
(can I buy the engine in UK and bolt on "the turbo" GUIDE)

We don't have the VR4/ 6a13tt in DK
- any help is much appriciated
(guides are more than welcome palabutcher@hotmail.com)

Be Cool champs ...enjoy the weekend
/boxing

Paul Beazer
22-02-2008, 03:53 PM
The 6A13 (V6 non turbo) and the 6A13TT (turbo) engines are significantly different with different compression rations, cylinder heads, exhaust manifolds and camshaft setups, so to bolt a turbo onto a 6A13 is a big job! You can get the whole engine and drop it in to a V6 car, but you will need to replace the ECU and the wiring loom for VR4 items also
It can be done, but its not an easy job. Andy (the vee - username) has done it and i dont think he'd want to do it again.

Nick Mann
22-02-2008, 05:31 PM
As Paul said! But The Vee is not the only one to have done it....

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24362

White Lightning
22-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Welcome ... and good luck with the conversion if you decide to go for it!

Lillywotsername
22-02-2008, 07:39 PM
/Welcome.... As Wayne says.. Good luck with your future plans.

pitslayer
22-02-2008, 07:51 PM
thats a massive job, could you just not import a VR4? ok it will more than likely be RHD. but it would be just as expensive to put a turbo on a V6, and then you will be lacking the 4wd, traction control and AYC aswell

BCbutcher
22-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi guys ...

Thx for all the replys (mmc forever) :iloveyou:

The car-tax in DK is 180% ...so an upgrade to "turbo version" is muuuch cheaper
- value of my car is 18.800 euro
(expensive YES /Grrr )

The lowest price for an turbo-bolt-on-project I have been offered is 5.400 euro
- so either that or an engine replacement

Maybe I should just buy a vr-4 from UK ...in same colour and interior
- and just swap the number-plates heeh

Be Cool guys /rally

bradc
22-02-2008, 11:37 PM
MarkSanne has done it as well and he lives fairly close to you, perhaps PM him?

MarkSanne
24-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I have no problem sharing it with you all ;)

It's a big, big job swapping the 6A13TT into a V6 n/a and I'm glad I didn't do it myself (the previous owner had it done for him). From what I've been told by him and moreover from what I've learned and seen myself during the last year (I have it for 1 - 1.5 years now) is that the only thing easy is that the engine mounting points are the same, from that point onwards you run into all kinds of problems:

- firewall
the turbo that is closest to the firewall does not have enough space, so a bit of hitting/cutting/welding into the firewall to create room for that turbo is needed.

- subframe
if you should plan to use the V6 n/a subframe than it needs a bit of nip/tuck which is not something you should actually would like, nor is it legal, well at least in NL (it's not that much, and actually not a safety issue, but at an official government test-facility if would fail. so if possible: don't do this and get your hands on an official VR4 subframe

- downpipe
if you have a vr4 engine with it's orginal downpipe, you'll need quite a bit of cutting done to it as the tunnel that leads the exhaust to the back is quite a bit different compared to the vr4. if you have an aftermarket downpipe you might be in even more trouble (the PS-Iida & upcoming RPW -very similar in design- wont make the bend around the edge of the firewall from the first turbo)

And then there is of course the 'normal' challenges with these kind of engine swaps like the cabling, ECU and getting 'orginal' electrical things working again. For example my cruise control doesn't work anymore with the engine ECU coming from an automatic gearbox VR4 I have been unable to get the cruise control working as of yet...

And there are probably more things you'll run into, but as I said before, I didn't do the swap so I don't know every single detail (both unfortunately & gladly). However, there are quite a few (4 or even more) Polish guys that have done the same thing. I'd love to see a detailed 'how-to' on one of those projects as it gives me a better understanding of how mine is built (and maybe, just very very maybe help me someday should I want to change the upcoming Legnum from RHD to LHD).

Anyway, keep us informed whether or not you go for it!

Oh and one last thing that pops into my head, you can also go the compressor-way. A friend of me has put a mercedes compressor, forged internals and a piggyback ECU onto his Galant V6 n/a and that thing is incredible! It goes so f*cking smootly and fast and the sound and feel are so different compared to a turbocharger. It doesn't give you you the turbo-kick, but it sure goes just as fast and you'd end up with something unique (I've searched and I have seen no other 8G Galant with a compressor), probably a bit easier and that sound... ever seen/noticed the sound of the car in the Mad Max movie? it'll get that kind of sound... bizar!

Paul Beazer
25-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Is your friend with the superchagrer on here? I'd love to hear more about his engine!

MarkSanne
25-02-2008, 08:54 PM
@paul: no he is not, you can read some about it on my dutch GalantFans forum (auto-translated dutch->english):

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.galantfans.nl%2Fviewt opic.php%3Ft%3D274&langpair=nl%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Not sure if pictures will show, but text will.

GalantOnly
27-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Greetings from DK

Hi guys ...and gals :iloveyou:

Loving this site, but cant find the info I need
- plz help a dane out /Elmo

I own a Galant 2.5 V6 24v (6a13)
- look it out at blackcore.dk

My question is:
How to upgrade to 6a13tt
(can I buy the engine in UK and bolt on "the turbo" GUIDE)

We don't have the VR4/ 6a13tt in DK
- any help is much appriciated
(guides are more than welcome palabutcher@hotmail.com)

Be Cool champs ...enjoy the weekend
/boxing

Sure we have the VR-4 in Denmark... I do...:afro: