PDA

View Full Version : bought stainless door sills for legnum

MarkSanne
22-02-2008, 11:08 PM
It took a while but I have found and bought a set of stainless steel Legnum door sills + rear bumper sill! I don't even have the Legnum shipped over yet, but within a couple of weeks the door sills will arrive!

Very, very happy to have found a set, as they are very hard to find. Oh and not to mention expensive... 285 usd...

Just wanted to share my moment of happiness here :)

Danj
23-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Do not all the Leggys have the stainless kickplates? - Got them on mine and thought nothing of it!

bradc
23-02-2008, 09:55 AM
probably 5% of them have the sill plates

ianturbo
24-02-2008, 02:34 AM
were you get these from then ???:thinking:
ian

MarkSanne
24-02-2008, 08:48 AM
I saw them on ebay, but before I received the answer to my question if they could be shipped to the netherlands (and if so at what price) they were sold already. I asked the buyer if he could find another set and he said he would look for it. About a month later I received an email that he tracked down another set in Japan! Yeehaa!

venomboy
24-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Bloody gold dust them things, I had a rear bumper one on my leggy , looked soooo cool, then that stupid bitch rammed me at the lights (and tried to hide from the insurance company, including getting her neanderthal partner trying to lure me out to a quiet place for a supposed meet so he could put the frighteners on me, how I laughed at him and his mates ranting and raving not knowing I was watching them!) completely trashed it and could I bu"""ry find another, you can get some with Galant on from some british Mitsi dealer, they're for the pre facelift but fit ok (ish).
Wish i hadn't been so polite to that C**t now, the more I think about it the more it makes me boil, my daughter was in the car, lucky leggies are built like tanks, trashed her Rover when she put her stupid great hoof on the throttle instead of the brake.
VB

Wodjno
24-02-2008, 01:52 PM
So whats the cheapest these can be purchased for ?

New inclusive of VAT and shipping etc

MarkSanne
24-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't think you can buy these new anymore. And I think the going price is around 250 dollar + a bit for shipping. a month ago the advertized sills were also priced at 250 us dollar + shipping (ofcourse depending on where you live/they have to come from).

Wodjno
24-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't think you can buy these new anymore. And I think the going price is around 250 dollar + a bit of shipping. a month ago the advertized sills were also priced at 250 us dollar + shipping (ofcourse depending on where you live/they have to come from).

So anyone tried a Stainless fabricating company ??

We have 1 here in Peterborough as i was going to use them to fabricate some stainless steel surronds for my firepace.. But never got rountuit.. But they where happy and confident they could supply me with what i wanted at a price i'd like .... Obviously we would need some originals !! I'm not interested in any myself.. Just thought maybe it's worth a punt to get a price ??

Nicks into Metal ain't he ??? Surely he must have some contacts ? Or is the foundry business way off the fabrication business ??

ANTHONY
24-02-2008, 11:39 PM
could even get them embossed, sounds a good idea Glenn

dogwagon
06-04-2008, 11:08 PM
It took a while but I have found and bought a set of stainless steel Legnum door sills + rear bumper sill! I don't even have the Legnum shipped over yet, but within a couple of weeks the door sills will arrive!

Very, very happy to have found a set, as they are very hard to find. Oh and not to mention expensive... 285 usd...

Just wanted to share my moment of happiness here :)

I have a set of 4 'used' s/s kick plates in my garage .... i will place an ad in the FS section !!!