PDA

View Full Version : A nice colour

96legnumvr4
23-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Anybody got any ideas on a nice colour for my newly refurbished legnum. I was thing matt black (completely dull with no shine whatso ever on it a bit like the sr71 bomber jet) or else a black base coat with a dark red pearlesent coat over it? Appreciate any ideas anybody got.
P.S. Cheers to everyone that told me the drivers door off a Galant would fit my legnum. Cars in the shop at the mo and i delivered the door earlier on. Cheers people.

pitslayer
23-02-2008, 04:39 PM
matt black is gash. i cant stand anything painted matt black anymore, its far to over done and doesnt look any good anyway, its like those people who drive around with rusty bonnets.

TAR
23-02-2008, 08:04 PM
The best colour I have ever seen is House of Kolor Candy Apple Red.

I have attached a link to a website showing a car painted in this colour. In the flesh, the colour is remeniscent of blood, its without doubt one of the most gorgeous colours ever!!

P.S. sorry about the car in the picture, its the best I could find!

http://www.superchevy.com/features/0408sc_1967_chevelle_restoration/photo_01.html

bradc
23-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I dislike matte black as well, I'd prefer gloss black, or about a million other colours first!

pitslayer
23-02-2008, 08:54 PM
in my opinion if you paint your car matt or satin black, you have failed on the imaginary side of things. its been done to death, i think i would rather see a VR4 with a rusty bonnet and be part of the rusty bonnet brigade. i think i would rather a VR4 in trigger mauve than matt black.

i reckon porsche sepia brown would rawk, but everyone else disagrees, but it is thinking out side the box.

maybe a base colour lime green, with black detailing

Turbo_Steve
23-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Japanese cars generally look best in high-contrast colours.
How about that Alpha colour? The one that looks metallic blue until the light catches it when it goes gold? Or pure white with a pink flip?
Metallic white with a pink flip!!!!
I love russet orange...the 350Z colour. No, the darker one! With some black graphics. Very agressive.

96legnumvr4
23-02-2008, 09:38 PM
The best colour I have ever seen is House of Kolor Candy Apple Red.

I have attached a link to a website showing a car painted in this colour. In the flesh, the colour is remeniscent of blood, its without doubt one of the most gorgeous colours ever!!

P.S. sorry about the car in the picture, its the best I could find!

http://www.superchevy.com/features/0408sc_1967_chevelle_restoration/photo_01.html
Thats a nice looking colour, thanks for that. Gonna check out prices next friday. Will post up pics as soon as shes back on the road!!

ianturbo
23-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I'd go for bright red !! but i would say that anyway /yes
ian

DickBarton
23-02-2008, 10:46 PM
SR-71 was never a bomber - it did Recon missions (hence the R in the name) - sorry, old aircraft fanatic...

Matt Black I think would look good on the shape of the car...

Physician
24-02-2008, 12:01 AM
OK ........... so paint one side black and the other side red.

(Then, if you speed or have an accident the witnesses will all be at odds and YOU can say it must have been another car) /pan

ianturbo
24-02-2008, 12:20 AM
that nissan micra red blue gold yellow thing they did might look good but i'm thinkin it might be a bit of a pig to match if you have a bump :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
ian

pitslayer
24-02-2008, 01:37 AM
cant really did flip paints anymore as they arent water based paints

Johnny_Cashed
24-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I was speaking to the supervisor of the spraying area at work on Friday about this - he was saying that while there is a push towards water based paints where possible, that things like car paints are still fine to be solvent based.

96legnumvr4
24-02-2008, 03:08 PM
OK ........... so paint one side black and the other side red.

(Then, if you speed or have an accident the witnesses will all be at odds and YOU can say it must have been another car) /pan
Ha ha ha love it!

ianturbo
24-02-2008, 09:28 PM
cant really did flip paints anymore as they arent water based paints
my crapi is flip paint ! silver ,gold ,grey depends on the sun though /Grrr
ian

ANTHONY
24-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Hamilton silver.........................not many of them about

davcom1
28-02-2008, 07:44 PM
In-yer-face yellow as seen on Seat Leon Cupras. Love it!! :)

Or go for a full vehicle wrap (I might be looking into this too) - there's a video here: http://www.signsexpress.co.uk/productsVehicle.cfm