PDA

View Full Version : Newbie, engine mods help

Stash469
24-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi, just got myself a 96 legnum vr4, with a few mods on it already, just wondering where you guys would advise to go next. From what i can see it has a Blitz induction kit and b.o.v. and an unknown exhaust. Oh, and i suppose i should also say it's an automatic. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Nutter_John
24-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello and Welcome

we have a special suggestion for all new people

USE THE SEARCH BOX

with that you will find all the info you need and lots you don't

Wodjno
24-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi, just got myself a 96 legnum vr4, with a few mods on it already, just wondering where you guys would advise to go next. From what i can see it has a Blitz induction kit and b.o.v. and an unknown exhaust. Oh, and i suppose i should also say it's an automatic. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Depending on the type of induction and BOV, determines whether they are doing more harm than good..

If the Blitz induction kit is an Open Filter type in the enging bay, then you are probably losing power rather than gaining.
Also with the BOV it depends on the type or state of the 1 you have. (is it a VTA or recirc and what make and model) If 1 with a to weak a spring has been fitted you maybe losing boost.
The exhaust is another factor, but as long as it's more free flowing than the OE exhaust, i' sure it will be a benefit..

Oh.. And welcome to the club :D

Kieran
25-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Hello and Welcome

we have a special suggestion for all new people

USE THE SEARCH BOX

with that you will find all the info you need and lots you don't

Come on John - 1st post and you're already on about search! Give a guy a break!!/pan

Stash - Depends on the induction and exhaust. What Wodj says is good advice. It depends on how far you want to go really. Tell us more about your budget and your goals.:scholar:

bradc
25-02-2008, 08:00 AM
yeah wait for his second post at least :)

A boot controller will give you a big gain and if you get a manual one it will be cheap too.

elnevio
25-02-2008, 09:09 AM
A boot controller
I've got one of those - my right foot! /lol /pan

bradc
25-02-2008, 09:24 AM
err the s key wasn't working :)