PDA

View Full Version : Brake Recall???

fast eddie
13-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Has anyone heard of the vr4 recalled in japan for brake failure problems??
apparently some overseas cars may have slipped thru or is this false rumour?
have emailed mmc in nz but have not or will not answer. any info??

KiwiTT
16-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Search for recall on this forum. It does effect JDM models and others, but it is about ball joints, I think.

MMC-NZ is sending letters to all NZ new cars first, then maybe JDM cars according to my dealer.

fast eddie
18-02-2004, 08:50 AM
Search for recall on this forum. It does effect JDM models and others, but it is about ball joints, I think.

MMC-NZ is sending letters to all NZ new cars first, then maybe JDM cars according to my dealer.
mmc returned my e mail seems there was a brake problem although they did not say what, suggest you e mail your chassis number to mmc nz they will tell you if your car was "reworked" in japan...apparently mine was

neil and bob
18-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Eh? They all want recalling! Standard Galant brakes are crap.

calum
18-02-2004, 10:43 PM
There was some excellent info posted about this before the site crash. Think it came from Ailsa and Petrolhead?

Calum

i3ooyah
21-02-2004, 01:16 AM
my breaks have failed :(

Spirit
21-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Please tell us more.....what happened ?

i3ooyah
26-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Please tell us more.....what happened ?

well a friend of mine said he heard the legnum came out with faulty break actuators???

anyway i waz jus cruising along & my handbreak light came on & the breaks went really soft & i had to break WAY in advance so i turned in2 a gas station topped up the break fluid & now i have to double pump the breaks 4 it to work right.

i havnt had a day off to actually get the problem sorted out yet.

fast eddie
28-02-2004, 01:43 AM
well a friend of mine said he heard the legnum came out with faulty break actuators???

anyway i waz jus cruising along & my handbreak light came on & the breaks went really soft & i had to break WAY in advance so i turned in2 a gas station topped up the break fluid & now i have to double pump the breaks 4 it to work right.

i havnt had a day off to actually get the problem sorted out yet.

undefinedHave heard of 3 legnums parked up in Auckland (NZ) awaiting parts, not cheap either! If anyone is concerned I suggest u email your mitsi dealer or head office with your chassis number & they will tell u if your car had been reworked (as they put it) in japan