PDA

View Full Version : AYC & Engine Check light questions

Biggie_Smalls
26-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Hey guys i am new to this site, just got my Galant VR4, there is a red AYC light on the gauge cluster, also an amber trc (i think) light also thats always on.
the engine check light comes on after about 20 seconds of driving and the codes i got are 71 & 72, i need some help please. i don't find the car responding as i think it should any suggestions./help/thankyou

Pescha
26-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Hey guys i am new to this site, just got my Galant VR4, there is a red AYC light on the gauge cluster, also an amber trc (i think) light also thats always on.
the engine check light comes on after about 20 seconds of driving and the codes i got are 71 & 72, i need some help please. i don't find the car responding as i think it should any suggestions./help/thankyou

Check the vaccum valve boxes (there are two of them) on the firewall on the passenger side. You need to push them upwards, it will only move a mil or 2!

I've had this happen with my VR4 before! Hope this helps!

Pescha!

Xenophon
27-02-2008, 03:58 AM
i have the same problem , the engine error code is 72
and the tcl error code is 77 ( tcl light on ).

that's the vacuum solinoid problem

but .. push it upward will sovle this problem??

and i am looking for this part.

I think u need the AYC error code

Nick Mann
27-02-2008, 11:09 AM
The engine light and tcl light should be sorted by fixing an air leak in the hoses Pescha has mentioned. This is almost always because the pipes have come loose where Pescha has mentioned.

The AYC problem will be unrelated and will most likely be due to the pressure switch not switching. That could be because the switch is bust, or because the pump is worn and not providing enough pressure to he system for the switch to operate. If you search on here for uprated ayc switch, you should find a wealth of useful info.