PDA

View Full Version : Japfest - May 17th Castle Coombe

Spirit
05-04-2003, 02:58 PM
http://www.japfest.co.uk

Spirit
06-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Gonna be sending off the order form this week so any changes to the following please tell me now :

Braind G - 1 x car & 2 people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£10)
Chris G - 1 x car & 2 people & 1 x track session INSERT INTO post VALUES (£30)
Doc Cock - 2 x cars & 4 people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£20)
Jaysback - 2 x cars & 8 people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£40)

I have emailed Dazboy as he said he wanted to come but has yet to confirm.

Barry - you said you have another VR-4 owner who may be interested ? Any more news ?

So I make that 5 confirmed VR-4's + 2 other cars INSERT INTO post VALUES (one is a Honda with Jaysback and the other with Doc I do not know) with Dazboy to confirm and Barry to confirm his mate.

Pete

BraindG
06-04-2003, 03:55 PM
called him there, he was on the phone.. will get a call back ASAP

Spirit
06-04-2003, 04:01 PM
Cheers Barry, much appreciated

Pete

BraindG
06-04-2003, 04:07 PM
ok..

he is coming
1 car + atleast 2 people

ill pay for him just now

Spirit
06-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Excellent news- another VR-4 - thats 6 !!!

I will add them to the list !

Pete

zentac
06-04-2003, 08:04 PM
If my FTO isnt back on the road by then, then I will bring my VR4. I will get tickets through the FTO Owners club INSERT INTO post VALUES (as Im one of the guys that runs it)

chris g
08-04-2003, 12:06 AM
Do we pay for tickets when you get reply from JapFest?

Are my eyes getting bad all of a sudden or is it the text in this message?

Chris - squinting

BraindG
08-04-2003, 12:07 AM
I think Pete is sorting it all out, and we pay him in sexual favours.. or something :eek:

Spirit
08-04-2003, 07:27 AM
LOL Barry !

Yeah - I am sending off the form to Japfest today and paying them for it all myself. Once I get the tickets through I will let you all know and you can send me a cheque and I will send you your tickets.

The car passes won't be sent to me until about 3 weeks before the day itself.

The confirmed numbers I have are:

spirit979 INSERT INTO post VALUES (me): 1 x car and 3 x people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£15)
Braind G : 2 x cars and 4 x people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£20)
Chris G : 1 x car, 2 x people and 1 x track session INSERT INTO post VALUES (£30)
Jaysback: 2 x cars and 8 x people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£40)
Doc Cock : 2 x cars and 4 x people INSERT INTO post VALUES (£20)

That's 6 confirmed VR-4's, one Honda and Doc's mates car INSERT INTO post VALUES (whatever it is).

Still working on a banner/poster for the stand. Will update this asap aswell.

Pete

BraindG
08-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Excellent news, thanks Pete..

jaysback
08-04-2003, 09:25 AM
top job
what a super star!!!!
:D
jay

Brind
08-04-2003, 06:49 PM
There could be a little problem!!
I bought a VR-4 over the weekend which will be delivered the beginning of next week.
I'm not sure if it has a tracker which is needed for me to be able to insure it.. according to many quotes.
But either way all should be okay very soon.

I know this is very late to jump on the bandwagon but I've only just bought the car and then thought about this Japfest thing, I would be very interested to show mine off too or at least attend the event anyway to have a nose around.

Have I missed the chance to pose with you lot?
If not, then it will be my VR-4 and two people.

Well there is always one why can't it be me!!!:p

chris g
08-04-2003, 06:55 PM
And it had to be the one who is perhaps as close as you can get to CC from amongst our posse

At least it sounds pretty close from this distance

I never did get my Geography O level

Chris

Brind
08-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Yeah it isn't really that far from me.:)

chris g
08-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Yes, yes, yes!

I knew I was cheated out of my Geography O level

Chris

Spirit
08-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Brind

The cheque and form went off in the post this morning, however I have had a good email relationship with the event organisers and I am sure that if I leave it a couple of days to confirm they have received it I can sort something out.

Anyhow, the more VR-4's the better so will damn well try for ya mate !

Pete

Brind
08-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Okay mate thanks alot!
If you can't then don't worry about it, I'll be coming anyway.

:)

jaysback
08-04-2003, 08:05 PM
nice cheap run to CC for me, 1 juntion of M4:D :D
brind
try tescos they dont need you to have a tracker and they are cheap as chips m8;)

pete if you pm your address i will send you the dollar and mark me up for a T-shirt aswell:)
nice work m8
jay

Brind
08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
That was going to be one of my next questions! about insurance.
Believe it or not but Tescos was the first website I went to and they were also the first to mention a Tracker, They wanted me to choose from a list of devices before I could continue, I ticked the cheapest one in the Tracker's range and got a rough qoute.

I could be lucky and find the car has one, I don't know yet, but I did find it has been blessed with an HKS mushroom filter and an HKS SuperDrager exhaust.:)
I'll need to know if they will need to be declared INSERT INTO post VALUES (probably will) the Mitsubishi main dealer where it's coming from fitted them.

Spirit
09-04-2003, 07:49 AM
Brind

My insurance is with Direct Line, they worked out cheaper than Tesco's as I got an extra 10% off as my home contents insurance is with them too.

Myself and my wife are 33 years old, with 9 years no claims and we still had to have a tracker and a Cat 1 or 2 fitted ! But then we are only paying £620 fully comp and the car had them both fitted anyhow :D :D :D

Without them fitted I was not covered for theft so I am sure you will probably find the same.

The induction kit and exhaust should be declared or you run the risk of them cancelling your cover and not paying out if you go to make a claim. They will probably add a couple of hundred quid to the quote aswell :eek:

Pete

Brind
09-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm with CIS at the moment but they don't cover the VR-4, I have house insurance with them aswell.

I know the car has a CAT1 alarm so if anything I'm half way there, it is the new shape VR-4 which is an official Ralliart import, it looks like the previous owner has spent a few quid on the car, so I might be lucky and find a tracker too.
The guy didn't have all of its paper work to hand but I decided I wanted the car as soon as I saw it! :cool: so I may find a few more surprises.

Thanks for the info mate.

Spirit
10-04-2003, 11:51 PM
Brind

I got an email from Japfest today to confirm they have received my booking form, so I have sent an email back to them to ask if I can have more tickets - will let you know as soon as I hear.

Pete

Spirit
11-04-2003, 10:30 AM
Brind

Got a reply from Japfest - it will be no problem to obtain more tickets at the moment :D

However, to help them they would rather I only put through one more order - cuts down on admin I suppose ? Will need to put a deadline on it so will make a new thread

Pete

Brind
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
You're a star mate!!:)

So erm, do you want my registration number or anything, do you want me to send you a cheque and you send me the ticket...?

Spirit
11-04-2003, 11:15 PM
Brind

Don't need reg or anything at this stage, and will let you know when I get your tickets so you can send me a cheque. Please confirm you want tickets for 2 people INSERT INTO post VALUES (total £10) - the car is free

Regards

Pete

BraindG
12-04-2003, 12:31 AM
7 vr-4's... i cant believe it!! the magazines are gonna have a field day!