PDA

View Full Version : brake calliper needed

steve the pirate
26-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I have just been told by the garage that I need a new front n/s brake calliper.I have ordered evo4 size pads and discs and was wondering if same goes for the calliper?
Does anyone know where I can get one asap?
thanks in advance

AncientOfMu
26-02-2008, 04:40 PM
I would ask why you need a new one?. they can be reconditioned relativly easily with a seal kit from Camskill.

i dont think Evo4 calipers are the same although I could be wrong.

peter thomson
26-02-2008, 05:14 PM
camskill also supply the pistons

Nick Mann
26-02-2008, 05:36 PM
The Evo 4 caliper will not fit a 96-98 VR4.

As the guys above have said, you may want to refurb your existing ones? Or, alternatively, get in touch with Mo....

Eurospec
26-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Or Dave at rice rocket. The earlier calipers are the same as the fto gpx. You can get a seal kit from him too.

Also bear in mind that a failed brake hose will give you a 1 way valve effect which will lock up your calliper.

Cheers,

Ben.

Gowf
26-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Or Dave at rice rocket. The earlier calipers are the same as the fto gpx. You can get a seal kit from him too.

Also bear in mind that a failed brake hose will give you a 1 way valve effect which will lock up your calliper.

Cheers,

Ben.

A knackered master cylinder can give the same effect, but if you slacken the bleed nipple when screwing the piston back you'l soon find out whats wrong.

i think i may have a caliper, would have to look in the lockup, but thats Northern scotland and im not sure when im next up that way.

Mo should be able to help you out though. If not, I do know of one breaking in the aylesbury area

Throbbe
27-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Got a free spare in Cambridgeshire if you're quick. I'm moving house next week and don't really want to cart bits about if I can help it. Only downside is that a previous owner painted it red, badly.

PM me if you're interested.

Oh, just thought, mine's a facelift. Are the calipers different? (looks to knowledgeable types)

richy rich
28-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Got a free spare in Cambridgeshire if you're quick. I'm moving house next week and don't really want to cart bits about if I can help it. Only downside is that a previous owner painted it red, badly.

PM me if you're interested.

Oh, just thought, mine's a facelift. Are the calipers different? (looks to knowledgeable types)
They are different.