PDA

View Full Version : northern meet in may.

SGHOM
14-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Anyone fancy meeting up in May, just prior to Jap Fest ???
Seeing as I cant make swindon, I'm planning a meet somewhere equidistant [? ] to Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Leeds, Doncaster etc. hopefully within an hours drive for everyone !! [ sorry Scotland !! ]
It looks like somewhere in the peak district, maybe Bakewell/castleton/hathersage area's. Nice places to visit, & drive around. :-D
It could also be a good opportunity to make sure we are all well prepared for japfest ?? does one or two weekends before the event sound ok ?? either the 9th or 16th May ??? [ sunday's]
Hands up any interested parties ??? :wavey:

enigma
14-02-2004, 03:01 PM
:wavey:

Kieran
14-02-2004, 05:55 PM

The 9th is a maybe, but should be ok. We're not doing anything, but the day before's a bit throng!

The 16th's clear at the moment.

Nick Mann
14-02-2004, 07:51 PM

SGHOM
14-02-2004, 08:02 PM
thats four of us !!! cheers Nick, Kieran & Dave. I knew you three wouldn't let me down !! :thumb1:
just need to round a few more up now, but we've plenty of time !! :-D

RAVEN
14-02-2004, 08:16 PM

Spirit
14-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Afraid I won't be able to make it - but with the numbers of people close to that area it should be a great day ;) - and then Japfest right after....coooooolllll

venomboy
15-02-2004, 06:53 PM
excellent idea, assuming they don't write the car off, I'll be there.
vb

michaeli
15-02-2004, 07:14 PM
:cool1: I'm interested....... :cool1:

Is anyone going to see neil and bob in chezzy on friday????? I might see you there, what time??? Are you going to stick around for the evening??

pjjohnson
15-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Will make either date if I can. What about doing the Cat and Fiddle between Buxton and Macclesfield ( and back again) - now that is an outstanding northern VR4 type road.

SGHOM
15-02-2004, 08:37 PM
great suggestion Pete !! will look into that.
I was thinking the Yorkshire/north Notts contingent meeing in the hathersage area, & traversing the pennines via the snake pass to meet up with the lancashire lot !! & then back again, for a bite to eat ???
Time is on our side, so we'll wait & see the show of hands, so far 8 people !! :-D :wavey:

Nick VR4
15-02-2004, 11:01 PM
Mmm sounds interesting Derek :-b
Put me down as a maybe

stevie.c
15-02-2004, 11:29 PM
if at home count me in
cheers.....stevie.c

SGHOM
15-02-2004, 11:40 PM
thats 10 so far. [ possible ] long time to go yet, but still no word from Lancashire ??? [ barring Nick. ]
I'm supprised at that !! I did think we might have a blast over to glossop ?? to meet you half way, & then take it from there. :cool1:

zedy1
15-02-2004, 11:41 PM
put me down too. as a maybe :D

SGHOM
28-02-2004, 11:57 PM
updated list of probable attendees in may;

1; Derek [interlec ]
2; Dave [bigdaveakers ]
3; Kieran
4; Nick Mann
5; Raven
6; Venomboy
7; Mike [mikaeli ]
8; Pete [PJJohnson ]
9; NickVR4
10; Steve C
11; Mo [Zedy1 ]
12; Nigel [ wirdy ]
13; Barry [BraindG]
14; Japmetal
15; Chris G
16; Zentac
17; Richard [physician ]

I'm going to keep popping this one back on to the "new posts" , just as a reminder!!
16 of us so far !! any more ??? everyone welcome, & If you have any suggestions as to where you might want to meet/go, just let me know.

Derek. :-D

wirdy
29-02-2004, 01:48 AM
Don't forget me! I'm in. Chalk up another Northerner. :thumbsup:

Japmetal
29-02-2004, 02:53 PM
If you're "doing" the snake pass, count me in !!

Just let me know where I can meet you guys here on the West side !

pjjohnson
29-02-2004, 08:04 PM
Snake pass ?? - have you ever tried the Cat and Fiddle ? It really is something special.

Japmetal
01-03-2004, 12:48 AM
I thought the snake pass WAS the Cat & Fiddle Run, over towards Leeds, Sheffield ? Whatever, if you're in that kinda area count me in :D

pjjohnson
01-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Cat and Fiddle is A537 Buxton to Macclesfield and back, and back again, and again.

BraindG
01-03-2004, 12:28 PM
ive done both, and both are a good drive.. so im up for either - thing is, will be busy at weekend wont it? I might end up getting stuck behind miliions and squiliians of cars, and camper vans, and bikers and sheep and lorries... and all the girlie vr4 drivers :rolleyes5 :D

chris g
04-03-2004, 06:39 PM
If the sick and the needy can let me go for a day then I could be with you!

Depends on shifts/weekend rota

Chris

zentac
05-03-2004, 07:54 AM
If the FTO is on the road by then I will come along

SGHOM
05-03-2004, 11:22 PM
The list above does not include one 'southern' member making the trip, As he/she wishes to remain anonymous at the moment !!! :$
/edit/
just tried to upload a map of 2 possible routes across the pennines, IE; the cat & fiddle, & the snake pass, but I've had to make them that small to upload, It hardly seems worth viewing ??
Anyony know how to do it ?? If you do , do It !!!

SGHOM
26-03-2004, 11:28 PM
OK !!! I have devised a plan of action !!
so far, we have 16 possible attendee's for this meet, & I hope at least that many will attend.
The plan is to meet in Castleton, in the car park just before you exit the place, heading towards Winnets Pass, [ In fact, It's the only bl***y car park in Castleton !! ] 11.00 AM is the planned time, & that should give everyone plenty of time to get there. hopefully, this is within 1 hours drive for the Notts/yorks contingent.
Plenty of time to do a bit of tyre kicking & waffling before we set of at 12 noon to traverse the pennines via the Snake pass.
Many of us know this road, & have travelled it many times, but for the uninitiated, It is absolutely awsome, especially for a car like the VR4 !!
Our next rendevue point will be in Glossop, to meet up with the Lancashire contingent at 12.45 PM. no need to arrange meeting point, 'cause Glossop is a one horse town !!! & if you cant spot 16 VR4's on the only road in Glossop, then god help us !! :D
A bit more banter, & then It's off back up.... * then down * the Snake pass, back to Hathersage, where we'll meet up in the 'George' hotel for a spot of lunch.
I'm not booking a meal or anything elaborate, just forwarning them of up to 20 people calling in for a bite to eat !!
The date for this will be be the 9th MAY, If that is OK with you all ??
I've still to tie up a few loose ends, but If all goes to plan, It should be a great day out !!
We.ve still around 6 weeks to go, so If any of you have any comments/suggestions, etc, let me know, & I will try to accomodate them !!!

regards, ......... Derek. :-b :-b

SGHOM
12-04-2004, 09:06 PM
just 4 weeks to go before our meet in Castleton !!
Can I take it we still have 16 probable attendee's ?? & do you all know how to get to Castleton ??
I spoke to Mo [ Zedy1 ] earlier, & he was not sure about meeting in Glossop. If any of you from west of the great divide [ pennines ] have any other suggestion as to where to meet, let me know as soon as poss, otherwise Glossop it is !!
The meeting time is still 11.00 AM, Is that OK with you all ??

Derek. :-b

Physician
12-04-2004, 10:53 PM
just 4 weeks to go before our meet in Castleton !!
Can I take it we still have 16 probable attendee's ?? & do you all know how to get to Castleton ??
I spoke to Mo [ Zedy1 ] earlier, & he was not sure about meeting in Glossop. If any of you from west of the great divide [ pennines ] have any other suggestion as to where to meet, let me know as soon as poss, otherwise Glossop it is !!
The meeting time is still 11.00 AM, Is that OK with you all ??

Derek. :-b

Sounds great Derek ........ add me to the list please.

Richard

SGHOM
25-04-2004, 11:15 PM
dont anyone let me down now !! table's are booked, meals arranged, Project VX viewing arranged !!!
So far just 17 of us ?? is that correct ?? no one dropping out ??.............................................. good.
I think we may have to eat first before we trundle up to the bunker, [ it's only 200 yds away from the pub ] last sitting 4 pm.
Were still meeting in the car park in Castleton @ 11 AM. OK ?? & then blasting the VR4's over the pennines to Glossop & another meet with Barry, Mo, & a few others, OK ??
If anyone is in any doubt, or gets lost, call me. [ I think I can trust you all not to make crank calls ?? ] 0[number deleted to prevent loonies calling - K]

Derek [ interlec ]