PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for toys....

Nick Mann
29-02-2008, 03:15 PM
The one bad thing about internet purchases is that you have to wait for them to arrive!

http://www.plxdevices.com/products/dm100/
http://www.plxdevices.com/products/dm100/smafrcombo/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g-1Hvsqlhc

I wanna play!!! /Hissy

Physician
29-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Oooooo! Errrrrr!

Them look puuuurty Nick. You'll need sunglasses when driving .......... at night!

richy rich
29-02-2008, 03:52 PM
What good are they for a baby. /haz

Beastlee
29-02-2008, 04:52 PM
What are you going to display on the other dm100? Is it to have a nice pair... /pan

Nick Mann
29-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Nah - sorry - only one DM100. AFR and Boost, with EGT later. (Can't spend too much baby money!) . I would have liked knock too, but I can't find a PLX sensor module to check knock. Has anyone fitted a knock detector to a VR4? Is it any better than the factory one?

TAR
29-02-2008, 06:23 PM
I really like the look of that guage, you will of course have to give a full report on the install, setup and usefulness of the parts.

That might encourage me to start modifying my car.:happy:

The Vee
29-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Very nice too. Love where they have mounted that gauge:thumbsup:

?out of interest, what sort of car is that in the vid? If it says then sorry, but only watched with no sound!

Nice But
29-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh I think I will need one of those to go with my MAP2........

Know what you mean though Nick, my HKS dump valve has gone walkabout somewhere between here an wherever........ 3 bloody weeks now. Still at the price worth the wait.

Beastlee
29-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Very nice too. Love where they have mounted that gauge:thumbsup:

?out of interest, what sort of car is that in the vid? If it says then sorry, but only watched with no sound!

Andy, it's a 2004 Honda S2000, lovely motor!

White Lightning
29-02-2008, 11:12 PM
OOOOooooo .... I like that!

Gowf
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Nah - sorry - only one DM100. AFR and Boost, with EGT later. (Can't spend too much baby money!) . I would have liked knock too, but I can't find a PLX sensor module to check knock. Has anyone fitted a knock detector to a VR4? Is it any better than the factory one?

Yep Nick, i have a knock link, but ive removed the led's from the box and mounted them in my gauge pod. The microphone is placed on the front head (easier to get it on there). They do work, at full sensitivity it does light the 1st, sometimes 2nd light, but this is just valvetrain noise. A slight tap with a spanner does get all the lights up, so it is definately a good indicator of when to back off. They're about £120 ish, but worth it if you want to know whats going on without the need for evoscan

Nick Mann
11-03-2008, 10:31 PM
It's arrived! And it's cool! AFR and boost/vac. All displayed at the same time on the DM100.

All I need to do now is find somewhere better to fit the gauge - it's dangling from a bit of cardboard at the moment!! I'll get some pics up when I have figured it out a bit better.